Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wish they'd do another estate.

Before I had a kid, the only estate that interested me was the RS4. Or maybe a 159Ti.. but I was too young for those cars when they were new :(

But now I need proper boot space. I do utterly love my IS. I've driven some nice cars recently, but find myself glad to be back in mine after the 2 or 3 day test/demo is up. I really wish Lexus would produce another Sportcross.. God knows how it'd look, but it'd sort my problems out.

Sad day (in a way), but I've got a C Class 350e Estate on order. Hope I get on with the plugin crap.

Wow.... just found a mock-up. Looks quite good.

8644926512_575d1c3e0c_o.jpg

Looks nice. I wold buy one. Always had a hatchback or estate up until the IS300h. Was a bit concerned to have a boot for the first time due to the loss of flexibility. The NX does not do it for me. Don't like the SUV thing. So I would be interested in an estate version of the IS. But I don't think the market is big enough to warrant it.

Wife has a Jazz so if we need to carry anything big we can use that. Seriously then Jazz is huge inside. Too big for a "Super mini"

Interesting. Doing a quick survey from my window of a typical residential street in Cheshire, I can see 13 hatchbacks, 6 SUV (including 2 X5s), 5 estates (including a 5 series and an A4), 4 cabriolets, one MPV and one saloon. Admittedly, this is not the typical executive car territory, but based on that why would Lexus make so many saloons and not offer an estate?

Mine is also the only hybrid.

• Like 1

I think the NX is a weak SUV. I test drove one when it first became available at the dealership. Since then, a few colleagues have taken them on as personal and company cars. For me, it'd be the RX or nothing, but the hybrid is now quite a lot more expensive than it used to be.. which means I'd be more interested in the new X5 hybrid.

I also don't want or need a vehicle capable of crossing Arctic tundra and seating 7. I've got 1 gf and 1 kid and a few space/money consuming hobbies.. as long as I can cram the above into something comfortably, I'm happy. Totally accept what your saying.. work car park is much the same. More SUVs than estates. What estates there are are old or are Mazda 6s.

Anyway.. roll on C Class estate, I think..

1 hour ago, LiCkWiD said:

I think the NX is a weak SUV. I test drove one when it first became available at the dealership. Since then, a few colleagues have taken them on as personal and company cars. For me, it'd be the RX or nothing, but the hybrid is now quite a lot more expensive than it used to be.. which means I'd be more interested in the new X5 hybrid.

I also don't want or need a vehicle capable of crossing Arctic tundra and seating 7. I've got 1 gf and 1 kid and a few space/money consuming hobbies.. as long as I can cram the above into something comfortably, I'm happy. Totally accept what your saying.. work car park is much the same. More SUVs than estates. What estates there are are old or are Mazda 6s.

Anyway.. roll on C Class estate, I think..

In the grand scheme of SUV's however, the RX is rather good value for money in all honesty. Considering the RX Luxury comes with a awesome spec list and is £50k it takes some beating in the value for money stakes. The X5 hybrid will be atleast £60k if not more with the same amount of kit added on to it.

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

Because they based their market research on Rayaans opinion.....:laugh:

Opinion? You mean fact I assume? SUV's sell more than estates - a quick and by no means comprehensive (or reliable for that matter) check on Autotrader shows 52643 SUV's and "only" 31422 estates.

Heh. Numbers can be made to show just about anything, though. Fewer estates could mean people less willing to sell. SUVs might be changing hands more quickly :P 

Am kidding, of course. I think we're probably talking more about crossover SUVs, here. I think BMW had a list price of about 55k for the spec I wanted. Can't say I compared it to the RX, but it just seemed expensive. All relative though.

Also, I'd rather an F-Pace than an NX. Another company that proves your point, rayaans. Jag don't to an XF Sportbrake anymore. Would have totally been on the list otherwise.

46 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Opinion? You mean fact I assume? SUV's sell more than estates - a quick and by no means comprehensive (or reliable for that matter) check on Autotrader shows 52643 SUV's and "only" 31422 estates.

Sorry still looking for the facts :laugh:

15 hours ago, LiCkWiD said:

Sad day (in a way), but I've got a C Class 350e Estate on order. Hope I get on with the plugin crap.

You don't have to plug-in any of the current PHEV from BMW/Merc/Audi......But the more you plug in the cheaper the running costs.

By the time your 350e lease/PCP is up (2018/19), your have a whole load of proper SUV Battery EVs from Audi, Jag, Tesla to choose from. Lexus will be the odd one out by no having a plug-in car of any kind.

http://www.carsuk.net/electric-jaguar-f-pace-could-be-the-jaguar-i-pace-as-jaguar-trademarks-i-names/

1 hour ago, LiCkWiD said:

Heh. Numbers can be made to show just about anything, though. Fewer estates could mean people less willing to sell. SUVs might be changing hands more quickly :P 

Am kidding, of course. I think we're probably talking more about crossover SUVs, here. I think BMW had a list price of about 55k for the spec I wanted. Can't say I compared it to the RX, but it just seemed expensive. All relative though.

Also, I'd rather an F-Pace than an NX. Another company that proves your point, rayaans. Jag don't to an XF Sportbrake anymore. Would have totally been on the list otherwise.

Jag build quality on the F-pace didn't impress though, poor quality of materials IMO. The NX200t is good but the fact that it can't be had with memory seats and HUD is just plain odd