Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coming back to the Lex :)

karlp606

Hey guys after selling my IS200 a few years ago for a 350z and now running a BMW E92 325i coupe, Im looking to come back into the Lexus market :), Im interested in the CTh but Im looking for something sporty, currently running a 2.5i petrol at 190bhp how would a CT compare? Ive also looked at IS250s but dont want to go back to a saloon.

I've got £8k to spend if anyone can recommend a anything. 

Not sure you would find the CT sporty. Id be suggesting a good long test drive as its not the most sportiest car. Its designed to be quiet and pampered in town or on long journeys.

The IS250 would be a sportier buy in all honesty.

Comparing a BMW325i to a CT200 sport. The Lexus would be nowhere near the BMW in any way shape or form on the performance stakes. You could use a lot of fuel in the Lexus trying to keep up with the BMW ( and failing). If you trid to drive both cars as economically as possible, the Lexus would trounce the BMW in terms of fuel consumption. The BMW ride quality is better than the CT200 on all surfaces except maybe for snow and ice ( where the lighter , front wheel drive Lexus would win through).

I agree with Rayaans on this one, the IS range rather than the CT range would be comparable or better than the BMW in terms of sporty performance. Both the IS 200T and the IS250 look capable of being the BMW 325i equal or better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. As said you can't compare them as they're two totally different cars. You'd be seriously disappointed with the CT,s performance coming from a BMW. It's all about economy with a CT and an IS would be much better for you.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 29/03/2016 at 2:25 PM, karlp606 said:

Hey guys after selling my IS200 a few years ago for a 350z and now running a BMW E92 325i coupe, Im looking to come back into the Lexus market :), Im interested in the CTh but Im looking for something sporty, currently running a 2.5i petrol at 190bhp how would a CT compare? Ive also looked at IS250s but dont want to go back to a saloon.

I've got £8k to spend if anyone can recommend a anything. 

from your car history i dont feel you would be happy with 136bhp.

but the only way to know for certian is to have a good test drive of one and see how you feel

at the end ,maybe you could have a 24hr test drive.

good luck

Thanks for the replies guys.

hmmmm that's the only thing that would possibly put me off is the low bhp. 

Possibly will look at some IS's and maybe get a test drive on a CT, thanks again. :)

That looks really nice in white, but I'm not sure you will like the drive on it. 

Lexus gave me one for 3 days while they did some warranty work on my Gs300, and to be honest, I couldn't wait to get back in the Gs300. Yes the car Engine was quiet, but the road noise was horrible, absolutely horrible, you could hear and feel everything on the road, Probably the worst Lexus vehicle I had ever driven, but looks wise, and fuel economy wise, the car was good

Looks like it's sits really well.

cant be much worse than my e92 with 19" bmw wheels on on :( can feel every leaf that you drive over.

Love the white body and black wheels 

Well I'm gonna be honest, the road noise probably will be worse than the BMW, you gotta remember the CT is just a Toyota with a Lexus badge on it.

Test drive it and you'll see what I mean

My CT isn't as bad as previously stated. Can't feel bumps whilst driving. It's on 17,s with Goodyear F1,s which are a bit noisey but because the car is so quiet inside it just highlights road noise more. It's the only thing you can hear. The Goodyears aren't exactly a quiet tyre anyway. The CT isn't the worst Lexus. Economy is excellent. Mine is in Artic Pearl and is an SE L Premier so no extras missing on it. Very pleased with it.

f1ada4cb6078a0857b979e751f2e8a47.jpg

Take a test drive of one and decide for yourself. Good luck with your search [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I has a GS 300 18 years ago (S plate), I had an SC430 10 years ago with lots of cars in between.

I have now come back to Lexus with a CT200h Sport and I am not disappointed.

Great little car, not fast but well specced and a fun car to own !!

• Like 1

Jeremey Clarkson hated the SC430 but it's the best car I have ever had.

It is very comfortable, a great drive (if you don't want to take it round a track) has so many extras.

The folding roof is a work of art and if you don't mind 25 to the gallon and **** loads of tax it can't be faulted.

I don't know why the stopped making it and it's replacement.

Anybody know??

• Like 1

Clarkson earns his living from cars. New cars earn him good money and he will be attracted to those who pay the most. Why should a professional journo pass anything other than negative opinions on a Lexus when Mercedes pay so well? TBH I like to make my own mind up about cars since I do not believe that professional motoring journos are interested in reporting anything other than what earns them most money.

• Like 2

when i had my CT on 17" wheels i bought some dunlop tyres with a dB rating of 67 road noise in the cabin was low

i found the ride is firm but not uncomfortable,the 16" wheels on the white car are said to be the best for comfort & economy.

test drive and make your own mind up

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 200h said:

when i had my CT on 17" wheels i bought some dunlop tyres with a dB rating of 67 road noise in the cabin was low

i found the ride is firm but not uncomfortable,the 16" wheels on the white car are said to be the best for comfort & economy.

test drive and make your own mind up

High 200h , Was it these tyres? http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/dunlop/sp-sport-maxx-rt-2/215/45/R17/Y/91/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3f&tyre=34855078  If so would you recommend them?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links