Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

roof bars for a Mk1 year 2000 RX300

I am trying to source a roof bar system for my RX300. Apart from some very expensive systems advertised by Thule, are there any others that will fit? even used will do for the amount of times it will be needed.

They seem to pop up on eBay quite a lot, if you know the Thule part number (the same part can fit several vehicles) you could source a bargain that way.

Also genuine Lexus ones do turn up every now and then which would be a no brainer as you know they'll fit.

Make sure you get the keys if you go down this route tho!

• 2 weeks later...

lexus in the uk no longer stock or supply the genuine Lexus roof bars for the mark 1 - I know this as I enquired with their head office.  You can occasionally get the Lee ones on eBay, and very lovely they are too, but make sure you have the channel nuts to go into the roof channel, otherwise your bars will be useless!

you have a better chance of getting some from eBay USA as more rx300 over there seem to have had roof bars, and as and when the yanks wrap their cars up or scrap them the roof bars get sold on eBay.

if you aren't too concerned with aesthetics there are some aftermarket ones on eBay for about sixty quid.

I have just taken delivery of the Thule roof rack - not impressed. Compared with the similar rack for a Rover 75 of the same year it is very bitsey; lots of screws and bolts that have to be reset every time it is used, it has certainly not been thought through.

I certainly would not recommend it.

• Like 1