Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number plate bulb replacement trouble

I have done what I thought would be the trickier steps: Removed the Pull handle, removed the boot lid light housing, removed the clips which hold the liner in place, so now I can access the bulb housing from the back.  

However, I cannot seem to remove the bulb housing.  My manual simply states to turn anti-clockwise.  I have used reasonable force on both of them, and neither are shifting at all.  I don't wan to break them.  Any tips?  Shall I crack open the WD40 or something?  Just wanted to check with someone who's done it before I break something :)

Replaced a number of bulbs actually - all with LED     The number plate lights, as said, - I also replaced the interior dome, both front and rear map lights (didn't do vanity) plus the puddle lights underneath the wing mirrors, - it's so cheap to do and looks a little more modern.  A couple of my switches also weren't lighting up (PWR, Sport, Height and the passenger Temp control) - got the correct LEDs from Lexus, removed parts of the dash & replaced... plus the centre brake light which had also gone! :)

• Like 2

I think I did a tutorial for the LS400 numberplate lights, there is very little room in there to get your fingers around the bulb holber and twist, worse trying to realign it before twisting it go back in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2016 at 8:45 PM, 9690phil said:

Did you get all your led bulbs from Lexus? What sort of cost

Yes - from Lexus - they weren't cheap, about £6 a bulb

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links