Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 Sport (1996) N/S Front road spring

Good afternoon enthusiasts.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this please.

My Teesside dealership has just informed me that my GS300 needs a new n/s/f road spring to pass its MOT and Lexus no longer support a car of this age with parts!

The part number given to me this afternoon is... L48131-30881

It couldn't have come at a worse time for me, as I've only just come out of hospital after having a replacement knee installed!

Consequently, I'm unable to run around to any scrap yards, (unlikely source for this I would think), or even able to drive anywhere!!

If anyone knows where I can possible get one asap I would be most grateful.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions or possible solutions.

I see what you mean there is no stock anywhere in the UK for the spring even aftermarket.

The only place I can find new stock is at Amayama.com who have them in the UAE for around £60.00 but this is plus shipping and VAT payable on import.

If you can wait a couple of weeks the link should be below, you have to send a request and then they quote the all in price, VAT will have to be paid to the courier once in the UK.

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?currency=826&q=48131-30881

Other than this you could try ringing dealers who may have one left on the shelf or may order you one from Japan if they still have stocks. Lexus Birmingham sell a lot of stuff on eBay so may be worth a call to them first.

What about getting a set of aftermarket springs? Might lower the ride height a little as well (if you'd be happy with that)

Probably get 4 new springs for the price of one OEM item from Lexus. ..

Alternatively, try sewells in Billingham,  they normally have a decent supply of aftermarket springs...

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I see what you mean there is no stock anywhere in the UK for the spring even aftermarket.

The only place I can find new stock is at Amayama.com who have them in the UAE for around £60.00 but this is plus shipping and VAT payable on import.

If you can wait a couple of weeks the link should be below, you have to send a request and then they quote the all in price, VAT will have to be paid to the courier once in the UK.

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?currency=826&q=48131-30881

Other than this you could try ringing dealers who may have one left on the shelf or may order you one from Japan if they still have stocks. Lexus Birmingham sell a lot of stuff on ebay so may be worth a call to them first.

Thanks for that information Steve.

I'm trying Lexus Birmingham this morning, but Amayama may be an option for me to pursue.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Thanks for that information Steve.

I'm trying Lexus Birmingham this morning, but Amayama may be an option for me to pursue.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Thanks for replying Madfish.

I've already got really low profile tyres fitted and I remember rubbing a few sleeping policemen with my exhaust last Winter!

Lowering the ride height might be asking for trouble!   ;-)  Plus I would increase my already high labour charges!

Thanks for suggestions though.

Regards.

Hi Malcolm,

Since you mentioned scrap yards, two options I've tried in the past for used parts are Motorhog and www.1stchoice.co.uk.

However, I have never bought any mechanical parts from here, just items like body panels, side skirts, windows etc. So i cant vouch for the quality of the mechanical parts but 1st choice in particular is very easy to deal with. You put your car details in and what part you need, various suppliers then send you a quote. You then get in touch with them and have the parts delivered.

It was great when I needed some obscure trim parts that no one seemed to stock for my sisters civic. Not sure how useful it would be for a n/s spring or even whether you would trust a used spring for your car but thought i'd add my 2 pennies worth. :-)

Hope you get it sorted.

Hi Tigerfish

I was going to post on Monday after finalising delivery details.

Nothing wrong with them at all, but while I was on eBay, I spotted someone breaking a P Reg GS300 for spares and managed to get one for half that price.

But I appreciate your help and everyone who posted to assist in getting this problem sorted for me.

Many thanks and regards to you all.