Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 polychromatic mirrors

NormanB

The mirrors on my 2005 IS300 Sportcross no longer dim in response to following headlamps. Also, the silvering is suffering on the lower edge, though the heating elements still work. My Lexus dealer just quoted me £250 + VAT per side for replacement, excluding labour! Is there a cheaper route to remedying this? Does anyone have some secondhand ones to sell?

Hi Norman, mine have never worked since I bought my 300 and had a similar shock from the Lexus dealer! A few of the other IS300s I test drove at the time had the peeling/delaminating of the silvering, so I suspect "they are all like that, sir" and sourcing working second-hand ones might be a fruitless search. Depends if you think it's worth it; in my case I'm not missing something because I've never had it; more frustrating for me is that the heating element doesn't work in them either! Cheapo (non tinting, non-heated) replacements are available on eBay, which with a bit of sweaty-palmed prying-off of the old ones should just be a push fit.

Hi Norman and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.