Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missfiring like its gone out of fashion.

Look forward to your experience of UKTechnics as that is only 20 mins from me.

More than welcome to pop in for a coffee in the evening before you drive back :-)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Oldboy said:

Look forward to your experience of UKTechnics as that is only 20 mins from me.

More than welcome to pop in for a coffee in the evening before you drive back :-)

Thank you very much for the kind offer of coffee and a chat, I only live 20 mins from them myself, where abouts do you live? There are 1 or 2 recommendations on the LOC for them and they seem to know what they are talking about. Mike.

1 hour ago, Oldboy said:

Gerrards cross. Where abouts are you ?

5 miles south of Reading. See what time of day I can pick it up and a trip to Gerrards Cross can be a good excuse for a quick trip out. Mike.

I work in green park Reading. So if you need a lift to reading after dropping your car with UK technics in the morning let me know.

1 hour ago, Oldboy said:

I work in green park Reading. So if you need a lift to reading after dropping your car with UK technics in the morning let me know.

I got the RAC to take it over to Maidenhead yesterday after all it was only at that garage because it was a friend of the RAC mans who would definitely be able to repair it. Cost me £200 to get the car released so the RAC could take it to Maidenhead. Needless to say I am on to the RAC about that matter. Many thanks for the offer, very kind of you. Mike.

I have been using my wifes Focus estate, I had to go too Peterborough Mon and it nearly crippled me. Come back to me please, I promise to look after you even better than before. Mike.

• Like 1

No news from UK Techniks ?? The suspense !!...really feel for you bluesman. Sometimes you appreciate it more after a long absence, like a holiday and you realise how great these cars are when you jump back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Oldboy said:

No news from UK Techniks ?? The suspense !!...really feel for you bluesman. Sometimes you appreciate it more after a long absence, like a holiday and you realise how great these cars are when you jump back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No news yet. I am chumping at the bit to get her back. Will give them a ring this afternoon to get an update. Mike.

Well have just Spoken to Ray at UKTechnics and they still haven't managed to get round to her. I am not surprised as when I first contacted them he did say they were booking 3 to 4 weeks in advance. Will keep you informed of any developments. Mike. I want my Lexus back!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well a further update on my miss firing LS400. UKTeknics in Maidenhead had the car for a month, after 2 weeks they rung me to find out just what was wrong with the car. I went through it with Ray who is apparently the governor, I explained what the first garage had done and he said its almost definitely the second Oxygen Sensor. So confident he knew what was wrong I said let me know when You have sorted her. 1 week later no phone call so I ring them mid Friday afternoon and get a flustered Ray saying "you wont believe the huge number of hours we have spent on it and it must be the LPG" I asked him what evidence he had to make that diagnoses and he said there wasn't any but the damage has already been done, I asked him to explain what he meant by damage and he just said he had several other things to check and he would call me in the next week. Yesterday morning a friend rings me to say he has seen my car parked in a side street in Maidenhead and parked on double yellow lines. My wife said that this has gone far enough and rings my son to take me over to Maidenhead. We come across the car on a forecourt belonging to some Go Kart racing company and some way from UKTechnics. We checked the car over  to make sure there was no damage on the bodywork and that the interior  still had in it what should be there and all was OK. We go round to see Ray and announce who we are, You must be Ian says Ray, nope I am Mike, I am the one that has been ringing  you once a week despite your promises that you will ring me. We then start to talk about all the wild diagnoses that he has come up without all without any evidence to back up the diagnoses. He told me that they had even taken the timing belt cover off to see if the belt had jumped a tooth, I have since checked and no on has removed the cover.  You could see that Ray was realising that there was no way he was going to placate us with Bull**** and suddenly said take the key and the car I am not being accused of being dishonest. At no time did we suggest he was being dishonest. So we have the car back home and she is going to see an Auto Electrician after the holiday. His reason for not ringing was it wasn't their company policy to ring customers at any stage to say if any progress had been made. I suggested he would like to think about that statement with him having his car in UKTeknics and never being informed how things were going, its called Customer Service.

Further updates will follow.....................   Mike.

As an aside to the story, when we went into the garage there was a Silver Lexus GS300 and there was this guy stood on top of the engine with a hammer in his hand, goodness only knows what they had diagnosed for this poor Lexus but it looked terminal.

My god, can't believe a month has passed so quickly.

Doesn't sound like a great effort from this garage, hope you get sorted soon, you must be really missing the old girl.

Doesn't anybody give good service anymore, I'm typing this using my mobile phone internet, as Sky have royally screwed up my landline and broadband renewal, losing my landline number for good, and forcing me in to the clutches of BT fibre, hopefully in a weeks time.

As my mate Jim would say, progress my arse!.

Just had an update from the Auto Electrician and its the second Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Bank Two Sensor that is naff plus both the cats which are running very very very very hot. So new parts on order, where is the best place to buy cats from? Mike.

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Just had an update from the Auto Electrician and its the second Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Bank Two Sensor that is naff plus both the cats which are running very very very very hot. So new parts on order, where is the best place to buy cats from? Mike.

I think I'd want a second opinion before such outlay.  Did you contact the LPG people for any ideas/comment?

27 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I think I'd want a second opinion before such outlay.  Did you contact the LPG people for any ideas/comment?

Yes I did, I only told them what the problem was and they came up with what the Auto Electrician has come up with. The No2 sensor has been tested and shows that its US whereas the old Sensor No1 which I made sure I got from the first garage showed there was nothing wrong with it. So they will replace the sensor in the morning and then check out the cats. Mike. 

30 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I agree with that. When I had my MK2 one of the two ingnition packs went kaput, that resulted in the exhaust system, including the cats, virtually glowing red hot. Replaced the duff pack, exhaust back to normal temperature.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I agree with that. When I had my MK2 one of the two ignition packs went kaput, that resulted in the exhaust system, including the cats, virtually glowing red hot. Replaced the duff pack, exhaust back to normal temperature.

The thing is we are on our 3rd opinion and at some stage you have got to trust what is being told you. It doesn't help to have already been told various things by two other so called professional Lexus Technicians and them leaving the car on double yellow lines without doing anything to the car for over 3 weeks. What I am being told now makes sense they are people I know I just wasn't aware that the Auto Electrician who has the car now had the ability to read the computers which the others said they could but couldn't. He works next door to the local garage that has serviced our family cars for nearly 30 years and I trust what he tells me. Anyway which ever way it goes I will let you know. Mike.

7 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

What does he mean by second O2 sensor? Bank 1 Sensor 1, Bank 1 Sensor 2, Bank 2 Sensor 1 or Bank 2 Sensor 2. There are 4 O2 sensors in total.

I have no idea that's what the RAC man wrote down.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links