Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UK 2016 RX450H F-sport

Hello All

New owner ... I have attached some pics because I understand that is what new members do. Sorry about the quality but taken on an Iphone with the rose-tinted filter switched-off!

Happy to answer any queries on any aspect of the car; most reviews seem to be very US-model centric and the UK models do deviate from the US-spec in quite a few areas so can give a UK owner perspective on the good, bad and indifferent bits of the car

So it's an F-Sport, mica white, black leather, panoramic roof, HUD, Mark-Levinson sound, protection pack; I don't think there any other bits that could be added other than bits of trim

cheers

IMG_0969.thumb.JPG.61f2a0dfa8df9a676ce6fIMG_0970.thumb.JPG.c4d4ecc7ca6c858d49f3bIMG_0971.thumb.JPG.f4b947cc3df3bb6338ee8

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

• Like 1

Congrats... and thanks for posting the pics. Looks awesome.

Couple of questions from me:

- Are the alloys the standard fit ones for the F-Sport?

- Are the seats full leather? The centre part looks like it could be cloth, but this could be because of the perforations.

Thanks... looking forward to your full reports in a few weeks time!

Many thanks DanD

Yes, they are the standard F-Sport alloys, they are 20" with a metallic dark grey/graphite finish which nicely hides the brake-dust!

The seats are full leather (rear facings aren't), no cloth. The perforations in the leather look **really** good on black and you don't get the same effect on the other leather colours because you don't get the same level of contrast as you do against the black; you get a small white polka dot effect which just grabs your attention. I suspect it is the un-dyed part of leather, from when the perforations are cut, that is causing the white edge to the hole. Then silver/white contest stretching then finishes off nicely

Rgds

RozzaLex

That's the spec\colour I'm going for. One thing that almost made me not consider it was the unavailability of 'Blind Spot Monitor' on anything  but Premium. It is available on lower models in the US, but not here.

Lexus must have a reason for not including this important safety feature in the UK, but I can't think of one. I do a lot of motoring in Europe and would really like this safety feature as there is a blind spot when driving on the right, with traffic overtaking on the left.

35 minutes ago, mick4545 said:

That's the spec\colour I'm going for. One thing that almost made me not consider it was the unavailability of 'Blind Spot Monitor' on anything  but Premium. It is available on lower models in the US, but not here.

Lexus must have a reason for not including this important safety feature in the UK, but I can't think of one. I do a lot of motoring in Europe and would really like this safety feature as there is a blind spot when driving on the right, with traffic overtaking on the left.

Yes, I agree, I don't know why Lexus don't give that option, as you say in the US you can spec-up any of the cars to have what you want including the blind-spot monitor. It's a feature that I really miss and I really liked the 360 degree parking-assist side of it too. But I really **didn't** like quite a lots of things on the premium (grill, seats, bizarre trims, wooden steering wheels, alloys) so I couldn't convince myself to go for the Premium even though my specc'd car was almost the same list price by the time I finished with the options list

You may have seen one of my previous posts and I'd really suggest that you listen to a standard audio system before you commit to the ML upgrade .... I didn't, I bought 'off-plan' and seriously, you'll barely notice the difference, the standard audio is almost as good even with high-quality audio files

good luck with your choice!

I have ML at the moment and it is nothing special. The ML in my previous LS 600 was good. Maybe the acoustics of the car more than the ML  make the difference.

I will listen to the ML as it claims to expand compressed files, which is what I mostly listen to.

Agree with your comments about Premium. Mine has DVD screens on the seat backs that have never been used. I don't even know if they work.

1 minute ago, mick4545 said:

I have ML at the moment and it is nothing special. The ML in my previous LS 600 was good. maybe the acoustics of the car more than the ML  make the difference.

I will listen to the ML as it claims to expand compressed files, which is what I mostly listen to.

There is no menu setting to switch-on and switch-off the option for expansion of the compressed files and it's not mentioned in the EUR manuals.....so, I get the impression that it is one of those USA 'features' that has got dropped for other markets or at least ours!

Looking very smart indeed.

I have the same colour combo on my 12 RX F-Sport with the same white polka dot effect you mention. Im planning on going for either White/Black/Blue on Red this time around and would prefer all the options apart from Protection pack (not a fan of the Mudguards personally) and the rear DVD's. Ill probably look at a demo this time around - it cost £54k back in 2012 and id probably only get £20k upon trade in so £34k in 46 months. Works out to nearly £9k a year lmao but thats new cars for you!!

I think the lack of BSM on the F-Sport is simply down to some idiots at Lexus UK Marketing department who thought "yes why dont we make it only available on the Premier" that way we can get customers to spend ALOT more money if they REALLY REALLY want it.

In the US they get an active stabiliser on the F-Sport models - I cant see any mention of this in the UK brochure - can you confirm or deny its presence?

In the other post you mentioned poor handling - could you quantify or compare to something else?. Now my RX F-Sport is average, of course its not GS450h or IS for that matter but it still handles reasonably competently for how heavy it is along with its FWD nature but I found the ride to be better than the German rivals unless specifying £2k air suspension etc.

Thanks Rayanns

There are various bits missing off the UK spec vs the US spec .... in no particular order:

• the active stabiliser is not fitted
  • the F-sport 'sound-box' is not fitted
  • the expand compressed audio files option is missing
  • you only get 6 radio pre-sets/memories .... in the US you get 24!
  • the 'connectivity pack' is a poor man's cousin of the US equivalent (ok, it is at least subscription free)
  • you don't get the remote start (ok, you'd need the subscription in the US) or App options
  • no option for the electric rear seats (ok no great loss)

I am going from memory, so there could be other things missing that I have forgot

I don't think I said the handling was poor, what I said was don't spend money on an F-sport or Premium **just** to get the variable suspension. The Luxury model with options may well suit you better and save money. With the Sport+ suspension engaged the dampening is such that you almost bounce and pitch around the more demanding bends (i.e. those with lumps and bumps) and it soon gets very undignified. In Normal setting on the same demanding bend, you may tend to float, waft and wallow around the bend but it actually feels more composed! .... you don't actually corner any quicker in Sport+ mode. On less demanding bends (smooth A-roads), the Sport+ setting does corner flatter but not much and again you don't get around the corner any faster, the standard setting is pretty good and just as composed. Engage Sport+ on the motorway and the suspension tends to 'patter' on certain surfaces, increasing cabin noise, and so you soon turn it off.

Sorry can't compare to your Q7's, X5's etc.... never driven one

Hope this helps

RozzaLex

Hello mick4545

yes, I have seen this video before

I might be wrong and the Clarifi function might be embedded in the system but it seems odd that there is no menu option to select/de-select this option and it's not mentioned at all in any of the manuals and handbooks, no logo's declaring its inclusion etc etc

all my audio files are WMA & AAC rather than MP3 anyway, so can't even compare A to B and let you know that way

oh well, perhaps an enquiry to Lexus UK is required

regards

RozzaLex

I'm sure the clari fi system is on the NX ML so I'd assume it is on the RX as well. Not sure if the NX also has it written in the manual or not though

This reminds me, I started thread on ML about a year ago. After much deliberating I decided to turn off surround and use stereo. This thread has tempted me to turn surround back on and I will give it another go.

17 hours ago, rayaans said:

I think the lack of BSM on the F-Sport is simply down to some idiots at Lexus UK Marketing department who thought "yes why dont we make it only available on the Premier" that way we can get customers to spend ALOT more money if they REALLY REALLY want it.

18 hours ago, RozzaLex said:

Right. That's it! You're right. That is the reason BSM is not available on lower models. Well, Lexus have just lost me. I have just put a reservation down on a Tesla Model 3. (I know its a long wait.)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've cracked. Bought a demonstrator. Sonic Titanium, F Sport, Rose Red Leather, Black Head liner, Pano Roof 800 miles on the clock.

No HUD, No Mark Levinson. Wifey and I both thought the standard Pioneer music system was better than the ML in my old car. May-bee it wasn't set up correctly, I have not listened to the ML in a 2016 RX. I would have liked the HUD .

I'm still 'mad as hell' about no blind Spot Monitoring option on the F, and still have my deposit down on a Tesla Model 3.

2 hours ago, mick4545 said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've cracked. Bought a demonstrator. Sonic Titanium, F Sport, Rose Red Leather, Black Head liner, Pano Roof 800 miles on the clock.

No HUD, No Mark Levinson. Wifey and I both thought the standard Pioneer music system was better than the ML in my old car. May-bee it wasn't set up correctly, I have not listened to the ML in a 2016 RX. I would have liked the HUD .

I'm still 'mad as hell' about no blind Spot Monitoring option on the F, and still have my deposit down on a Tesla Model 3.

What Was your previous car? HUD is sooo nice though! Don't think I could live without it anymore.

Always found BSM to be a bit of a gimmick really. It's just an excuse not to look properly really!

3 hours ago, mick4545 said:

congratulations mick4545

I am on record as saying that the ML isn't worth the extra cash and I stand by it, the standard Pioneer system is really that good. I have tried all sorts of different settings with the ML and frankly it sounds the best if you turn the 'surround' off....I know you have debated this in previous threads; it occurs to me that cutting-out all the DSP settings and the right-royal muddle that makes of the sound and equalisation that the surround mode induces, is much for the better. But all in all don't waste dosh on the ML is still my recommendation

As for the HUD? It's ok, a bit of a novelty if I am honest, I could certainly live without-it. I instinctively still look at the dash for info....it's almost like you look through the HUD most of the time and it just doesn't register with the brain....ie. you still instinctively glance at the dash all the time.

I know what you mean about BSM, I really miss that. I have had it on my last 4 cars; why-oh-why they don't offer this as an option on any spec car, I cannot for the life of me understand.

anyway .... enjoy!

5 minutes ago, mick4545 said:

Pre facelift 2012 RX 450h Deluxe,

Ah ok, so the ML setup will be exactly the same as mine then.

The one on the 400h was better than the ML in the 3rd gen so hopefully the pioneer will be OK and Ill just get one with HUD and Pan roof then

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links