Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two weeks with my NX300h F Sport Nav

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andy, the pictures were wonderful, I do pics. so noticed straight away that they were doctored, but was impressed. The first I called, 'Black Dyke,' as I have a liking for brass band music and that sky, with what looked like a dredging machine, brought it to mind. The second picture is worthy of any advertising campaign, far better than the normal rubbish that Lexus use. Did you send it to them? 

How did the trip go, where did you end up, any more pics?

Best wishes.

Michael.  

• Like 1

Many thanks zippyone - the first picture was of a massive and I mean massive engineering project in the Maas near Hoek van Holland. I think it is probably a North Sea oil rig being commissioned or scrapped...not sure which lol.

The second image was sent to Lexus UK who send it out to their Instagram followers. I think it was taken on my Iphone and tweaked using the excellent free app Snapseed. I took another image (attached) in the same location a day or two later this time using a proper Olympus camera and its dramatic effect from the art filter menu. This can take stunning photos at dusk.

the holiday was blighted with bitterly cold northerlies which put the kybosh on my intended fishing and wasn't great for cycling either.....lol

I took more photos but I'll quit while I'm ahead I think...

glad you enjoyed what I posted anyway :)

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Great photos Andy. To go off at a slight tangent, they reminded me how underwhelmed I was with the NX brochure. The external photography was nothing special, but the token interior pictures were particularly poor, and completely inadequate to the task of enthusing the uncommitted punter about the quality and choice of finishes (not that there is much choice in the UK, but that's another matter). I hadn't sat in the Luxury trim grade until mine was delivered, but feared the worst from the tiny image of the trim in the brochure. So I was pleasantly surprised by how good the silver insert "blades" looked in real life.  The website and the configurator aren't much better.  I doubt whether the poor brochure loses many sales, but the 2015 edition was nowhere near as "premium" as the product deserves.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments Martin - I very nearly bought an Audi Q5 petrol to be honest but I suppose it was Lexus' legendary reliability that swung it for me and the fact that the Q5 is due to be refreshed soon. My local BMW said they couldn't source a petrol X1 for test drive.

My missus is Japanese and so far we're very happy with Japanese built NX300h. Driving gently I'm getting just over 40mpg in suburban London. I opted for the F Sport as I prefer a black interior.

• 3 weeks later...

Another good photo Andy. It makes me want buy myself a better camera rather than just use my Iphone 5S which is just too convenient, although I have to say you get quite good results, much better than I expected. I still have a little Canon Powershot camera, which is very good but I rarely use it these days other than on holiday. I used to have a SLR, but it became faulty and the size puts me off. Maybe a Bridge Camera is the answer. Or this:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_TZ70_ZS50/

A mate of mine, who knows a lot about photography and cameras, says it's the best small camera right now, bar none. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your comment Alec

I'm not an expert but "bridge cameras" often have small sensors which don't do much for picture quality and they're reasonably bulky too. That Lumix looks good and can slip in our pocket.

If you're not happy with the photos produced by your Iphone try the free app Snapseed...its really very good and improves the worst of photos easily.