Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a decent trip planned this weekend!

Have a wedding to attend in Birmingham on Sunday. Incidentally, its at night! 

Anyhow, I thought it'd be a good idea to take the kids to London on Friday, spend the night in Essex, have some family in Hackney and Wembley who have both just had kids too so will visit them. Then onto Leicester on Saturday (more babies popping out left right and centre) and Birmingham on Sunday in time for the wedding!

Its been a while since Ive been on a drive longer than 300 miles (it works out around 500 miles altogether) so I thought perfect time for the RX to show what it can do MPG wise on mainly motorway driving! As always, the car will be loaded with 5 passengers including me, luggage, tyres pumped to 37psi, a full tank of fuel and the ever so useful "Sport mode".

Ill keep you posted :)

42 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

Hope the weathers dry !!

Yes I hope so!! Just read about this Saharan sand cloud going to bleed rain over us on Thursday - hopefully it wont go on into the weekend too!

Just got back from Devon for a few days and covered about 500 miles round trip loaded up with luggage and family and the RX returned 35MPG which i was quite pleased with.

5 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Just got back from Devon for a few days and covered about 500 miles round trip loaded up with luggage and family and the RX returned 35MPG which i was quite pleased with.

Nice MPG there! I usually get about 33-34 on 1 hour trips. Will see if a 3-4 hour trip will get any better

I just don't know how you guys do it... Admittedly, mine is a pre-facelift model, but I am lucky if I get to 31mpg. I drove from Winchester in Hampshire to West Bay in Dorset yesterday, mainly on single lane A-roads, and managed just under 31 MPG. I usually achieve around 28.5MPG, although I have to say that I... ermm... enjoy the car ;-)

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I just don't know how you guys do it... Admittedly, mine is a pre-facelift model, but I am lucky if I get to 31mpg. I drove from Winchester in Hampshire to West Bay in Dorset yesterday, mainly on single lane A-roads, and managed just under 31 MPG. I usually achieve around 28.5MPG, although I have to say that I... ermm... enjoy the car ;-)

I am getting 18mpg from my bmw 3 series.. looking forword to getting a RX

33 minutes ago, alvinsu said:

I am getting 18mpg from my bmw 3 series.. looking forword to getting a RX

Decided on the RX then?

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I dont think there was any major difference in the drivetrain though between pre-facelift and facelift models. We do get a Sport mode and oddly enough, it seems to help MPG on the motorway!

I don't drive slow either. I do get quite bad MPG in town, around the 26-28mpg mark but thats down to the car not warming up fully between commuting to work and home visits etc.

I'll update the MPG gauge on the car as soon as I set off from home tomorrow and ill check it when I come home on Sunday night - that should be quite a good measure of fuel economy as I'll have to go between Essex, Hackney and Wembley too so there will be some "in town" driving involved but mainly motorway.

1 hour ago, alvinsu said:

rayaans,  most likely, still need to find the time to do a proper test drive. 

Fair enough. You won't regret it tbh, very few if any do. 

I'll let you all know on the mpg

Been an "eventful" trip so far. Had to do an emergency stop in the 3rd lane as an Audi A3 crashed on the opposite side of the M1 at circa 80mph sending it's bumper and loads of debris onto the third lane, 2 cars in front of me. Luckily I saw it before it landed but still needed to go from 80mph to 0mph in little time. 

Wakefield to Hackney got me 31 mpg. 4 adults and 1 child in the car and whole trip was in Sport mode. Car was also loaded with 30kg bags.

I've reset it from wembley so will update

32mpg from wembley to Leicester and then to Birmingham and back to Yorkshire lol. Pretty pleased as I had the car in Sport mode throughout and it was loaded with passengers and luggage.

I wasn't going slow either! consistent 80mph when the road was clear, sometimes more when I got frustrated after 50mph zones on the M1

Talking about those 50mph zones, they are so bloody boring that tonight I nearly managed to nod off.

Sat nav was pretty good too, took some reasonable roots but it was my fault for missing a few turns in Birmingham. It's a **** place to drive around in, too many complicated junctions and exits etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took my trusty 400h and 137000+ miles from the Surrey Hills to Scarborough early [very] on Saturday 9th and apart from the M1 being closed at Dunstable! I arrived in Scarborough in just over 5 hours, Mileage was 334 and consumption [on the computer] was 31.9 mpg. Not bad for an old girl in filthy weather and tyres at 32psi. I would think 37psi would offer less grip IMHO.  Rain and potholes on the M1 caused a few bumps to put it mildly - you just don't see the potholes with so little traffic  at 4 in the morning. 

Big Sci-Fi event at the Spa Complex was a hoot!

Loved Scarborough and I will never have fish and chips anywhere South of York ever again!  IMG_5276.jpgIMG_5302.jpg

Edited by Beejay
wrong files
  • Like 1

Hi All

Recently aquired my 450h 2011 and it is mainly used for short ( 9 mile or so) urban journies. The MPG when I got it was an average of 24.6 MPG on 29/2/16. Since then the average has gone up to 30.3 MPG so I am really pleased with that. Yesterday I did a 256 mile round trip from Oxford to Bexhill on Sea with a full tank of fuel/ 2 adults / 2 dogs.I really tested efficient driving and by the time I was back in Oxford the MPG had gone up from 30.3 MPG to 40.4 MPG. I kept the speed to between 50-65 MPH on the motorway wherever possible which was alien to me but I wanted to see what difference it made. To my mind that is a good MPG for a car the size/weight of the 450h. 

The next longish journey I am going to see what it does with normal driving

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well did a second trip to Bexhill on Sea from Oxford 128 miles each way starting with a full tank of petrol. On the first leg MPG showed 44.4. On the return hit a lot of traffic in London/M25 which didnt help so ended up at home with an overall reading of 43.7. I have since used it for short urban daily 9 miles journies and it is now down to 40.3 and slowly going down. Still very good though with the tank showing just above 25%

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links