Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running without the exhaust heat shield

Hello all, 

I've searched all over the owners club for someone who is currently running their car without the heat shield for the exhaust back box; a few people say it's fine, but I can't see anyone who is doing it themselves...

is any of the good folk on the forum running their Lexy without the back box heat shield?

Mine fell off, and when i was trying to undo the bolt on the stud the whole stud sheared off. She's going to the garage on Thursday so hopfully they can sort the heat shield out as my back up plan is using Gorilla glue to attach heat proof lining to the area where the heat shield used to be. :)

Thank you everyone

Mark

Thank you Fig and Newbie. I was worried about the fuel tank, however seeing as it's on the opposite side to the back box maybe it'll be ok.

Thank you both

On one of my previous LS400's both rear heat shields eventually came off,  I ran it for two years with no apparent problems, although as stated, they are there for a reason.  But then again so were the Dodo's wings!!

Heat shields prevent heat going up into boot area and up into the cabin and other metal parts of the body conducting heat which can travel toward the fuel tank. Its there for a reason. Be safe and use common sense. If you have a warranty on the car, they will use any excuse to pay out as the car will not have been maintained to the manufacturers standard of build. If you read the small print, it clearly says this which is why many people are dissatisfied with warranty companies.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links