Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Finesse

Decent products but their waxes are quite pricey and hence I used samples but wasnt hugely impressed in terms of performance:price ratio. Which one are you looking at in particular?

4 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Looking at the desire price is not an issue really. Just wondered if any one has used any of there products.

Its OK but not the easiest to use.

If you're looking at AF Desire, I'd take a good look at Angelwax Desirable -

" Desirable, from Angelwax, was born in our laboratory and started life as a very small 20 pot production run. This beautifully crafted detailing wax was designed to be a limited edition run which sadly, never materialised"

You can guess the reason behind why it never materialised!

The story is that Angelwax made 20 limited edition pots of Desire for Autofinesse. Autofinesse thought that the wax was very good so certain people at AF decided to get it remade and sell at a higher price (pretty much double). There were a few changes but not much to really have much of an effect on looks or durability. Angelwax then released the original formula which is known as Desirable.

I have to say though, I wasn't impressed with the price and performance of AF Desire, it wasn't worth the money as it didn't provide "mind-boggling" looks. Hence why the Angelwax is a better option.

What kind of wax are you after? Looks or durability? I might be able to provide you with more options based on that.

• Like 1

Looks mainly my car is washed about 3 times a week , at the moment. Wheels are done more as first impressions etc.

Car was coated with Gtechniq C1 last year, after i washed clayed and machine Polished it. Wheels have just been coated with  ArtDeShine-ArtDeAaron H-Crystal paint Coating,

which i purchased for 19.00 pounds recently and thats a brilliant product.

Yes soft products all the rage on skoda forum. Problem is short life, if vehicles are cleaned regular. I am using harly wax at the minute, easiest wax to put on and off

brilliant beading but last a few months only.

Well just ordered some fusso soft light 99. Will see how it performs when i have tried it out. Most of members on other sites are using the dark

Some issues with some of the products, one been applied to thick ,second leaving on the requied time. Its to long is 15 minutes and it goes patchy.

Can be rectified by over coating.

Just now, madasahatter said:

Well just ordered some fusso soft light 99. Will see how it performs when i have tried it out. Most of members on other sites are using the dark

Some issues with some of the products, one been applied to thick ,second leaving on the requied time. Its to long is 15 minutes and it goes patchy.

Can be rectified by over coating.

I use soft99 Fusso but didn't mention it as it has a more clinical looking - cling film wrapped type effect as its technically a sealant. It says 12 months but lasts about 6-8 months for me.

The way I apply is to put it on the car like any wax i.e. thin! Then do another panel and wipe it off the first. That way its not bad at all.

I have both but light is easier to use IMO.

55 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Yes cheers for that seems the dark is the problem one. But does give amazing results when done right. 

Yes, the trick in my view (and this is with all waxes) is to use a damp applicator. It helps to spread a very thin layer.

I think the issue with the Dark version is not the product itself but the fact that the heat from the panels is considerably more than on a lighter car. I did try Fusso Dark on my white car and it was the same as Light in application and removal.

Strange you say a damp sponge, when i use harly wax i always use a damp sponge it goes on great. spread is super thin and a breeze to remove.

Have you ever tried bilt hammer. It was a nightmare to remove, dont know if i was doing anything wrong.

Tried the recommended times, less time like you one panel do the next remove the first.Like concrete to remove .

6 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Strange you say a damp sponge, when i use harly wax i always use a damp sponge it goes on great. spread is super thin and a breeze to remove.

Have you ever tried bilt hammer. It was a nightmare to remove, dont know if i was doing anything wrong.

Tried the recommended times, less time like you one panel do the next remove the first.Like concrete to remove .

Ive tried a few of the BH waxes. The double speed wax and finis is very easy to use but the Auto balm is a PITA.

I just did my wife's IS300h in Meguiars #16. Wax-on, wax-off and its very easy and its very cheap.

8 hours ago, madasahatter said:

My fusso arrived today, not to keen on the sponge pad seems a bit coarse.

It is too coarse and also lays down really thick!

Its better for polish I guess.

Autobalm is easy to remove once you get the method of application down pat.  The trick is putting nothing on like wiping just the damp pad  then buff off alnost straight away and no longet than 1 min.if you can see it on the paint youve applied too much. 

Pita to dry the car off but spots less. I found it didnt last that well in slickness but still use it on gloss plastics, chrome and fills a swirled number plate quite well. 

Thanks for the background on Autofiness Raayans, very interesting read. 

Double speed is the one i tried stinks to high heaven. Have been trying different methods, best results thus far is a moist sponge seems the way.

Harly wax is easiest iv used so far, any weather dry car wet car makes no difference. Brilliant shine beading is awesome Good price lasts for years.

The fusso has good reviews on Briskoda, but the dark can cause problems. Have not tried yet due to weather conditions.

17 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Double speed is the one i tried stinks to high heaven. Have been trying different methods, best results thus far is a moist sponge seems the way.

Harly wax is easiest iv used so far, any weather dry car wet car makes no difference. Brilliant shine beading is awesome Good price lasts for years.

The fusso has good reviews on Briskoda, but the dark can cause problems. Have not tried yet due to weather conditions.

Harly wax is one I haven't tried yet. How long does it tend to last?

Harly wax lasts about 4 months with regular washing, i wash about 3 times a week cant stand dirt on the car. Tin is huge 400ml  yellow carnuba wax pad applicator 

included. Really nice guy owns a De tomaso Pantera, believe he is sole importer from Usa cost 22.00 delivered. His name is Dave Woods.

6 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Harly wax lasts about 4 months with regular washing, i wash about 3 times a week cant stand dirt on the car. Tin is huge 400ml  yellow carnuba wax pad applicator 

included. Really nice guy owns a De tomaso Pantera, believe he is sole importer from Usa cost 22.00 delivered. His name is Dave Woods.

Seems on par with Meguiars #16 which is very underrated. Seems like Harley wax is another on of those underrated products. Ill get hold of a tin and try it out

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links