Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

complaint against lexus

can anyone tell me how I contact lexus directly. I am very annoyed that lexus don't seem to want to know about a problem I have with a new car only 3 months old.the dealership are in total agreement with me but all lexus will do is say they haven't had any other complaints about the problem and the dealership should sort it. the dealership are not vehicle fabricators, which they say they've told lexus .the customer service department are saying ( in a roundabout way) this problem is not particular to my model.

thanks for your reply. unfortunately this is who I have contacted and they are the ones that are saying this is a problem not particular to my car.

which I might add is not the answer I would expect from a prestige brand such as lexus. 

I guess what Lexus are saying is that there isn't a fundamental issue with the design and therefore there is a specific issue with your vehicle. If that is the case then your dealer should be replacing all the parts necessary to resolve the issue. Lexus will soon get involved if the dealer starts making a huge warranty claim and they will send out their engineers to inspect.

thankyou for your reply unfortunately their demonstrators are the same and they are trying to rectify on theirs before attempting mine but I'm getting near the point of telling them its their car now as its been going on for 3 months and no further forward.

Yes I assume you can officially reject the car. Just go to the dealer with a typed letter, ask for the manager, give him the keys and the letter. Let him read it right there and just walk out.....

Id be surprised if he lets you get to the door.

thanks for your reply

I have some news I've taken it upon myself to visit a local car body repair shop who actually has the contract for lexus who has had a look at the problem and pointed out that the gapping between the door and wing not only is proud of the rear wing but also has an uneven gap.he is in the process of typing out a report.

the problem I have is that I have no other form of transport so although you are right about returning the car if I did I would be up the creek until I sourced another car.

after consideration I will give it one last go and if I have no further success I will take your advice.

once I receive this report I will pick your brains again and if you like I can post the report for you to see.

I think at this point I would be paying a visit to the dealer when they are very busy with potential customers and making a very big fuss, lots of noise and arm waving, stating very loudly how dissatisfied you are with their customer service. They will not want to lose a sale. 

If it doesn't work the first time, repeat. They will soon get the message that it is in their interest to fix your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

update... lexus dealership have been asked to check tolerances as per manufacture which are within spec.the technician in the dealership has commented on the noise issue and now lexus are asking for a audio recording.the dealership has said to the tech department have you driven one of these to which the answer was no so they've said I suggest you do as its a common problem with these vehicles and it seems to affect the RCF as well.

I'm sure the answer would be come up with a modified doorseal but we'll see.

incidently my dealership has said they've had 4 test drives and nobody has bought so it seems I'm still the only one in my area although I notice there's quite a few second hand ones for sale on the lexus website.

14 minutes ago, para999 said:

update... lexus dealership have been asked to check tolerances as per manufacture which are within spec.the technician in the dealership has commented on the noise issue and now lexus are asking for a audio recording.the dealership has said to the tech department have you driven one of these to which the answer was no so they've said I suggest you do as its a common problem with these vehicles and it seems to affect the RCF as well.

I'm sure the answer would be come up with a modified doorseal but we'll see.

incidently my dealership has said they've had 4 test drives and nobody has bought so it seems I'm still the only one in my area although I notice there's quite a few second hand ones for sale on the lexus website.

Seems like you are at least making headway. Keep it sweet. Mike.

well I've had a message from lexus that's saying basically as nobody else has complained about it there's nothing they will do. they might change the door seals in the next generation of cars but apart from that the case is closed.as far as me giving the car back they won't accept it as its not a safety issue, it maybe a design issue but that's not affecting the operation of the vehicle.the fault would simply be solved by altering the thickness of the door seals at the bottom but they won't even consider that.

it seems, although they offer a premium brand vehicle ,once sold they don't offer solutions to customer's concerns  regardless of whether the vehicle costs £10,000 or £90,000 as this issue affects the RCF as well.

to be honest I'm bloody fuming I don't know where to go from here.

28 minutes ago, para999 said:

well I've had a message from lexus that's saying basically as nobody else has complained about it there's nothing they will do. they might change the door seals in the next generation of cars but apart from that the case is closed.as far as me giving the car back they won't accept it as its not a safety issue, it maybe a design issue but that's not affecting the operation of the vehicle.the fault would simply be solved by altering the thickness of the door seals at the bottom but they won't even consider that.

it seems, although they offer a premium brand vehicle ,once sold they don't offer solutions to customer's concerns  regardless of whether the vehicle costs £10,000 or £90,000 as this issue affects the RCF as well.

to be honest I'm bloody fuming I don't know where to go from here.

It does seem like an isolated issue as I drove an RC200t the other week and it had no abnormal wind noise or excess noise in the cabin. I actually asked my dealer if they had heard of it before and they said that they've sold very few RC's in general but nobody has complained about anything on them yet bar the infotainment crashing once or twice.

You can still reject the car - up to 6 months after purchasing. It doesn't have to be a safety issue. You can argue that its "not fit for purpose".

http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/lexus-complaints

Try the above link - it helps you through the process.

It clearly says on one page that "If you have given the garage every opportunity to fix the car and they have been unable to do so, the car can be rejected under the Sale of Goods Act as it was clearly unfit for purpose"

Another option is to contact Autoexpress Magazine. They'd love an article on Lexus problems LOL.

thanks for that.odd how both my dealers demo's have the same issue and that's come from the centre manager himself and by test drive.

also here is a quote from the u.s.a version of this forum who have the RC350 a v6

"but i honestly don't feel the noise anymore. When i took it for service a couple weeks ago, i told the technician and he told me that they have had alot of complains with this same issue from other customers. He said one of his coworkers has the RCF and he has the same issue but there is nothing they can really do about it."

and another one saying he was going to complain about his as he had the same issue.

• Like 1

I've moved this thread into the RC forum. Hopefully it will get some more visibility of other RC owners and if it is a common problem then all owners should be writing and calling Lexus GB to get this issue fixed.

2 hours ago, para999 said:

thanks for that.odd how both my dealers demo's have the same issue and that's come from the centre manager himself and by test drive.

also here is a quote from the u.s.a version of this forum who have the RC350 a v6

"but i honestly don't feel the noise anymore. When i took it for service a couple weeks ago, i told the technician and he told me that they have had alot of complains with this same issue from other customers. He said one of his coworkers has the RCF and he has the same issue but there is nothing they can really do about it."

and another one saying he was going to complain about his as he had the same issue.

You might want to print that out or send Lexus UK a link to it.

Like I said you can reject the car and its the dealer who has to accept/reject, not Lexus UK. If the dealer rejects then the only option is to get solicitors involved

thanks for your reply again I've told lexus u.k about the rc350 problems to which I had no comment back.

what I cant understand is that its plainly obvious by the pictures I've posted what the problem is yet they still don't want to know, which they have had a copy of.

anyway I've taken your advice and contacted autoexpress to start

I'd see what Autoexpress say on this firstly. Lexus definitely don't want that sort of negative press. Would also be a good idea to let Lexus UK know you've contacted AE too

If that fails, trading standards might help 

And if that fails, typed letter in a blank envelope including car keys inside the envelope rejecting the car (obv make sure you have alternate transport ready) and be prepared to leave the car there

• 2 weeks later...

update as of today the reporter has contacted lexus who are looking into it and will go back to them with a reply.

the gist of what was said, they are very keen to report in their magazine on this issue and are interested if anybody else has the same issue.they want a piccy of me next to the car which i've declined but agreed to them reporting on it and are interested about my history of other  cars with frameless doors experiencing no issues with the same complaint I think lexus might be getting some grief over it one way or another.

It is sad in a way... I do believe Lexus makes great cars as well as dealers usually provide decent service. The problem lies somewhere in between... they kind of poorly joint-up and there is huge communication gap between Lexus and Dealership (which are all independent). This becomes very evident when it comes to solving issues or taking responsibility. Then all ends-up will angry customers who might even choose different brand next time.

Surely, it would have been enough for Lexus to say - "do whats needs to be do to fix this RC"... OK maybe that will £2500 on paper, but the real cost for Lexus is like £250... and everyone happy.. Now they are risking negative publicity and maybe even loose few potential RC buyers .. which will be few £100k the least. And that is not even fair, because I am sure majority of RCs don't have such issue.

This is simply because there is no single point of contact, no person who can take responsibility and have authority to sign-off this little cost... or because of this un-jointly service simply nobody know who is this particular person.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links