Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

complaint against lexus

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

It is sad in a way... I do believe Lexus makes great cars as well as dealers usually provide decent service. The problem lies somewhere in between... they kind of poorly joint-up and there is huge communication gap between Lexus and Dealership (which are all independent). This becomes very evident when it comes to solving issues or taking responsibility. Then all ends-up will angry customers who might even choose different brand next time.

Surely, it would have been enough for Lexus to say - "do whats needs to be do to fix this RC"... OK maybe that will £2500 on paper, but the real cost for Lexus is like £250... and everyone happy.. Now they are risking negative publicity and maybe even loose few potential RC buyers .. which will be few £100k the least. And that is not even fair, because I am sure majority of RCs don't have such issue.

This is simply because there is no single point of contact, no person who can take responsibility and have authority to sign-off this little cost... or because of this un-jointly service simply nobody know who is this particular person.

you've got it spot on their my friend all needs to be done is for the seal to be re-engineered but it appears they don't value their customers as much as other brands do.

as I've pointed out I have absolutely no complaint against the dealership they have been 100% all the way through but obviously they don't want to carry out any work that lexus will not authorise or more importantly get paid for.

5 hours ago, para999 said:

you've got it spot on their my friend all needs to be done is for the seal to be re-engineered but it appears they don't value their customers as much as other brands do.

as I've pointed out I have absolutely no complaint against the dealership they have been 100% all the way through but obviously they don't want to carry out any work that lexus will not authorise or more importantly get paid for.

Took a look at the RC300H and RC-F when at the dealers to book service. Armed with a credit card, I tried shoving it in and it didn't work - both had no gap in between.

I suspect that Lexus doesn't actually know what to do about it. They could replace the seal and I dont really understand why the dealer won't do that already?

the problem is I believe the seal needs to be made thicker (towards the glass) at the bottom of the door than the top as if you look at the glass from the side,with the door open, the window glass is actually bowed inwards from the bottom to the top.having said that it appears from what you've just said it agrees with our colleagues on the u.s version forum i.e RC350 and RCF it affects some but not others.i'm sure this could be easily sorted.

I used a power washer on my car recently and after finishing, the interior of the car was quite wet inside,thats how important getting this fixed is to me.

p.s the reason the dealership has not changed the seal already is because both the demonstrators they have the ( RC200 and RC300) has the same problem,maybe that's why they have had 4 test drives and not sold any,who knows.

3 hours ago, para999 said:

the problem is I believe the seal needs to be made thicker (towards the glass) at the bottom of the door than the top as if you look at the glass from the side,with the door open, the window glass is actually bowed inwards from the bottom to the top.having said that it appears from what you've just said it agrees with our colleagues on the u.s version forum i.e RC350 and RCF it affects some but not others.i'm sure this could be easily sorted.

I used a power washer on my car recently and after finishing, the interior of the car was quite wet inside,thats how important getting this fixed is to me.

p.s the reason the dealership has not changed the seal already is because both the demonstrators they have the ( RC200 and RC300) has the same problem,maybe that's why they have had 4 test drives and not sold any,who knows.

I believe it probably affects a batch of RC's. Providing not that many have sold in the UK, its unlikely there are a lot of cases, and if so, I suspect theyll probably be on demonstrators only.

There might not be anything wrong with the seal itself, it might be the glass thats shorter in width than it should be leading to the problem.

You can definitely reject the car on the basis "its not fit for purpose" as it shouldn't be letting any water in. The dealership have to accept/reject it, not Lexus UK.

Another option would be to try another dealership?

I thought about a post but I will post it after all.

lexus have until 25th may to respond otherwise the article will appear in the magazine on that date. I'm not happy about having to do this to get a result but as long as they either repair or refund it will have been all worth it.

2 hours ago, para999 said:

I thought about a post but I will post it after all.

lexus have until 25th may to respond otherwise the article will appear in the magazine on that date. I'm not happy about having to do this to get a result but as long as they either repair or refund it will have been all worth it.

Thats fair enough, sounds reasonable to me.

I'm fuming (again) I've had a reply back, and without quoting word for word, lexus have said they have taken measurements and the car is within tolerances. which I assume is their manufacturing tolerances, therefore there is no design fault its a 'characteristic of the vehicle'.

they have said they are not going to do anything. apparently they were 'adamant with their reply'.

so there's nothing more that can be done by the magazine.

1 hour ago, para999 said:

I'm fuming (again) I've had a reply back, and without quoting word for word, lexus have said they have taken measurements and the car is within tolerances. which I assume is their manufacturing tolerances, therefore there is no design fault its a 'characteristic of the vehicle'.

they have said they are not going to do anything. apparently they were 'adamant with their reply'.

so there's nothing more that can be done by the magazine.

Time to resort to kamikaze mode. Envelope with keys inside and reject. Dealership can refuse but I doubt they'd want the hassle of that.

On 5/18/2016 at 11:09 PM, rayaans said:

Time to resort to kamikaze mode. Envelope with keys inside and reject. Dealership can refuse but I doubt they'd want the hassle of that.

I would double on that - you have a right to return it. OK this is withing their tolerances, not your - it doesn't meet your purposes (quite frankly if it is leaking while being power-washed). And based on that you can well reject it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

will finish off this thread by saying the car is now sold.have had no contact from either the dealership or lexus  themselves ,basically  it seems they don't care a damn. rest assured I will be telling people about lexus's customer care ( or should I say lack of) and it seems its production and take up of this model has been a bit of a flop in this country if you look on the net for the number for sale.

so that's it back to a brand I have had before and had exceptional service from and two fingers to lexus. lesson learnt but an expensive one at that.

no because I spoke to motor codes who are the governing body between manufacturers and the customer and they told me eventhough I had reported the fault within a week of me buying the car the offer of returning the car ( time wise had expired) so there was nothing could be done.

1 hour ago, para999 said:

no because I spoke to motor codes who are the governing body between manufacturers and the customer and they told me eventhough I had reported the fault within a week of me buying the car the offer of returning the car ( time wise had expired) so there was nothing could be done.

"If a defect is found after 30 days, but within six months, buyers are entitled to request a repair, replacement or refund. The law assumes that the fault was there at the time of delivery, unless the seller can prove it wasn’t "

You had the car more than 6 months then?

Which car did you go for? Honestly have to say, that is shocking customer service from Lexus.

Ive never had any issues whatsoever and the RC's Ive been in have been fine, no different to the IS300h in terms of road noise, maybe slightly more due to tyres but not wind noise definitely.

I can only go on what motor codes told me. I can however now post the reply I got from lexus customer service when I first complained about the problem and this is exactly the same reply as the reporter got from auto express:-

email dated 27th april

Thank you for contacting us about your Lexus RC 200t and for taking the time to speak to me this afternoon.  I am sorry you remain disappointed with the level of road/traffic noise experienced whilst driving your vehicle and regret that we are unable to carry out any modifications to reduce this.  The vehicle has been extensively checked and tested against a similar vehicle and no faults have been detected.  We have reported your dissatisfaction to Toyota Europe who use customer feed back to improve future models.

Whilst we always aim to help customers wherever possible, if you remain dissatisfied with the outcome and explanation we have provided, we would recommend you contact Motor Codes.  Motor Codes is a member of the Chartered Trading Standards Institute approved consumer codes scheme and is a provider of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), offering conciliation and arbitration.  You can contact them via www.motorcodes.co.uk or on their advice line 0800 692 0825.  Their decision will be legally binding on both Lexus and you, as the consumer.

Yours sincerely

as said before no faults found as per lexus means within their manufacturing tolerances. also note the suggestion about contacting motor trades who said I didn't have a case.

I got so fed up that somebody else can have the problem from now on.

the previous lexus I had was no problems the i.s300h. I just did not get the benefits of the hybrid system and wind noise was non existent due to the fact it was not a frameless door and had a proper seal.

so I've now gone back to audi

13 hours ago, para999 said:

I can only go on what motor codes told me. I can however now post the reply I got from lexus customer service when I first complained about the problem and this is exactly the same reply as the reporter got from auto express:-

email dated 27th april

Thank you for contacting us about your Lexus RC 200t and for taking the time to speak to me this afternoon.  I am sorry you remain disappointed with the level of road/traffic noise experienced whilst driving your vehicle and regret that we are unable to carry out any modifications to reduce this.  The vehicle has been extensively checked and tested against a similar vehicle and no faults have been detected.  We have reported your dissatisfaction to Toyota Europe who use customer feed back to improve future models.

Whilst we always aim to help customers wherever possible, if you remain dissatisfied with the outcome and explanation we have provided, we would recommend you contact Motor Codes.  Motor Codes is a member of the Chartered Trading Standards Institute approved consumer codes scheme and is a provider of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), offering conciliation and arbitration.  You can contact them via www.motorcodes.co.uk or on their advice line 0800 692 0825.  Their decision will be legally binding on both Lexus and you, as the consumer.

Yours sincerely

as said before no faults found as per lexus means within their manufacturing tolerances. also note the suggestion about contacting motor trades who said I didn't have a case.

I got so fed up that somebody else can have the problem from now on.

the previous lexus I had was no problems the i.s300h. I just did not get the benefits of the hybrid system and wind noise was non existent due to the fact it was not a frameless door and had a proper seal.

so I've now gone back to audi

Ah well - atleast its somewhat sorted now. Did you sell it privately or using car buying services then? Shifted pretty quickly?

Hmm well my experience of Audi isn't a great one after used R8 and S8 so I won't be going back there anytime soon, unless there's something very enticing!

What was the reason behind not getting an IS200T?

ive had 5 audi's in the past and only had a problem of brake squeal with an RS I had which resulted in a recall not only for me but anyone else who had one and the pad material was changed. even though I was told on another forum it was to be expected, i had pleasure in telling the person that said that to me " so you won't be taking up the recall then"...no answer to that lol

my car was sold by a dealership through auto trader and they've even loaned me a new car whilst I wait for mine which is due for release very shortly and delivery is end of month but audi dealership is letting me keep loan car, at no cost,until new reg in September.

I havn't gone back to lexus as I believe if this is an example of their customer care then its not for me, same as your opinion of audi I suppose.

2 hours ago, para999 said:

ive had 5 audi's in the past and only had a problem of brake squeal with an RS I had which resulted in a recall not only for me but anyone else who had one and the pad material was changed. even though I was told on another forum it was to be expected, i had pleasure in telling the person that said that to me " so you won't be taking up the recall then"...no answer to that lol

my car was sold by a dealership through auto trader and they've even loaned me a new car whilst I wait for mine which is due for release very shortly and delivery is end of month but audi dealership is letting me keep loan car, at no cost,until new reg in September.

I havn't gone back to lexus as I believe if this is an example of their customer care then its not for me, same as your opinion of audi I suppose.

Interesting - I guess they thought there was nothing really wrong with the car then even though you did.

The R8 one put me off the most, the S8 wasn't that bad. But the R8 gearbox went, car was still under warranty - I got told I was driving it too hard :(

Cost £6k oops