Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

help needed

thankyou could you do me a favour as I think lexus are saying its all to do with frameless doors which I believe yours has as well. if this is correct firstly could you tell me what yours is like for traffic noise in the cabin.i.e can you hear traffic on the other side of the road when it passes, in the cabin?

secondly would you slide a credit card between the glass and the door seal from the top of the door to the bottom. slide the card in and out and tell me if its easier to slide in and out at the bottom where the glass meets the bottom door frame than the top?

many thanks

Hi, I wouldn’t say I have noticed any more outside noise in this car that any other I have been in, the windows seem to fit quite tightly. As for the gaps, I have attached two photos, they don’t show it very well but the window drops around 5mm when the doors are opened and go back up again when the doors are closed, there is a slot in the rubber which the window goes into so you cant get a credit card in there, the other photo shows the side of the window, there is no slot in the rubber, it is quite think rubber and a bit squidgy and the window just seals up against it,  its quite a tight fit but with force you can get a credit card through. I have jet washed the car a few time and have not noticed any water getting into the car. Perhaps in a few years time when the rubber starts to wear the story may be different, although it would just mean replacing the door and side rubbers. I hope this helps,

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

thankyou yes that's like mine including the slot you mention.

mine drops likewise.

the credit card trick is down the left hand edge as you look at the window from the outside.

I've attached photo's but no force has been used to get the credit card in.

sorry the pics are a bit big.

009.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

yes mine looks the same, i suppose its only rubber so theres not much that can be done to stop that, keeping the rubber clean and supple should stop any wind noise, the next time i am on the motorway ill turn the radio off and have a good listen.

Mine seems very quiet when cruising; even more peaceful than the IS-F. And not surprisingly several steps up from the Subarus I've owned 

What car did you have before? Was it a particularly quiet one?

it just doesn't seem right to me that I can hear, fairly clearly, cars going in the opposite direction on A roads and dual carriageways. motorway speeds don't really concern me. I have owned 4 audi tt's last one being an RS and a Porsche cayman all of which had frameless windows and none of them suffered from traffic noise as this car does.

yes they have 2 demo's one is a 200t and one is a 300h and they are both the same.they are experimenting with the 200 they have to try to "pad out" the seal to make it a flusher fit but as they tell lexus they are not fabricators.

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing your post, went out and checked the windows on mine.

The credit card won't slide in on either of the windows.

Same as your top photo and doesn't slide in at all.

Must be lucky from what I have read.

I've tried mine too. No chance of a credit card sliding in. The seal is tight. That would explain the peace and quiet inside

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links