Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi. Since my MK3 LS was written off last December,I've been tooling about in a '03 Passat 2.5 V6 tdi estate. (:yucky: I hear you say!). Whilst obviously not comparable to an LS,she has been reliable and comfortable. But the fuel economy is abysmal. Had to do a 400 mile round trip to Gloucestershire yesterday and she is only showing 28.8 mpg on the computer!. On similar trips in the LS I used to get 30 mpg. On my usual 20 mile round commute the LS did around 22 mpg,Passat does around 24 mpg,so not much of a saving really.

I'm going to try an air filter change to see if that makes any difference,if not she'll have to go to be replaced by................................an LS of course. Looking forward to it. Ta Ta.

John,

From my previous experience I would always found VW diesels to be pretty rubbish both on fuel and oil economy.  Once had a new 2 litre Passat as company car for a year, it would get through a litre of oil every 1500 miles, and my Tech Director said that was about average from his experience.

I also found Passat like sitting on park bench rather than LS sofa luxury.

Good economy seems to only be with Peugeot diesel, just a shame electrics and french cars do not go together.

Good luck looking for a proper car (LS of course)

• Like 1

And another thing,we didn't see one LS in those 400 miles yesterday. Becoming quite exclusive now. Only one that came close was a GS300. Could have been on your manor Pete. Had to go to a campsite behind Michaelwood services on the M5.

3 minutes ago, thatfatbloke said:

And another thing,we didn't see one LS in those 400 miles yesterday. Becoming quite exclusive now. Only one that came close was a GS300. Could have been on your manor Pete. Had to go to a campsite behind Michaelwood services on the M5.

There are a few LS around my neck of the woods (near Stroud), I know within 5 miles of me there is a bronze Mk4, silver Mk3, and Blue Mk3. 

I see a GS300 most days on way to work in Cirencester, and I know there is a green MK2 or 3 LS around about Cirencester.

On the other hand a few weeks back did a round trip to Chester and same week a round trip to Salford and saw no LS (plenty of 200s).

I would say in the lane at the back of my house there is a RX450, IS200, and GS300H, so when I park up my LS, it looks like Lexus city.

I guess you went to the Pepperpot Campsite, not been down those back roads for a while, sandwiched between the M5 and the railway line, cannot imagine it to be that quiet!!

• Like 1

Off topic i know, but something I always wonder is, when you see another Lexus coming your way, do you wave or acknowledge them? Maybe I should start a separate thread to ask.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RXJasonRX said:

Off topic i know, but something I always wonder is, when you see another Lexus coming your way, do you wave or acknowledge them? Maybe I should start a separate thread to ask.

I often wonder the same thing.  Bit like the days of driving an MG many moons ago, when it was a friendly wave or headlight flash. 

But maybe that was more a 'If you break down around the corner, you might find me at the next pub if you need some jump leads',

where as the Lexus wave would mean,

'Just like me you knew what car was 100% sure to get you to the pub rather than a 2 hour wait for the RAC having stalled at the traffic lights'.

3 hours ago, RXJasonRX said:

yes always, but it's becoming rarer by the day that I have the opportunity to 

Malc

Funny this should come up. On a quiet residential street the other evening I was just leaving our friends house and starting my car when another LS400 slowed and stopped beside mine. The young driver gave the 'thumbs up' and drove off. I didn't know him from Adam but he obviously knew what we all know, that there's no other cars like them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links