Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can you turn off the reversing alarm

Capitalmagpie

said it before and i'll say it again

Carista app and an elm327 in either Bluetooth / wifi  obd2 adapter then pay for the customisations

it can do so many things instead of going to the dealer for a 2 minute job.

There is a diagnostics plug under the dash that takes a standard connection obd2.   An adaptor plugged into it can be made to talk with an application programme (app) on a smart phone that allows you to make the modifications you wish and others without needing to go to the dealer

here is a link for carista

http://www.caristaapp.com/

it will give you an insight into what it can do and how to use the app

one great feature of the app is that the adapter is so small you can carry it with you anywhere

and it will work on all obd2 compliant cars (on board diagnostics version 2) so it isn't a lexus only tool.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, TheOldGit said:

Thanks for the info Mark it really looks the business.

I don''t suppose you know of any way to get the in-car nav system updated without going to the garage ?

Cheers Mick.

Ho ho:) buy an aftermarket sat nav like tom tom or garmin, stump up for the optional lifetime updating they offer on these and ignore the Lexus unit entirely. Manufacturers havent seen fit to offer lifetime sat nav updates yet since the unsuspecting few maintain a money flow for update works. ( sometimes even updates with out of date material). A cynical view , I know but I know of only one other way which is rumoured to sometimes work and that is to put your money into one of those iffy things they market on e bay sometimes, I am not really sure if they even work or how they work.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheOldGit said:

Thanks for the info Mark it really looks the business.

I don''t suppose you know of any way to get the in-car nav system updated without going to the garage ?

Cheers Mick.

By updated do you mean new map data? You can purchase new maps from Lexus but it is expensive.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

• Like 1

Hi

I asked my Lexus dealer to turn off the reversing alarm when my car was in for its 40,000 miles service but they said the couldn't do it.

they are correct as they cannot turn it off BUT

they should of said they can adjust it so it beeps once when you first select reverse

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links