Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front wheels have been getting gradually worse for several years and I have been looking at a full refurb. Around here you are looking at around £80 per wheel for a decent job (as opposed to a short lived tidy up) and the chances are that there are going to be flaws if the wheel was badly corroded

I had previously discounted  new Lexus wheels at £338 apiece......but on rechecking the Lexus site I found that they are 'on sale' now at £99 each - inc delivery

Mmm. refurb @ £80 v brand new @ £99....no brainer really

They arrived today all boxed and sealed in OE packaging.

Well pleased . Well worth consideration by anyone with tatty wheels

• Like 1

Pretty good deal there!

However Id presume a refurb is more durable than the OE wheels. £80 a wheel seems the norm, even Lexus dealers will charge this to get it done.

10 hours ago, steveledzep said:

A good find Ben.  Other members might appreciate it if you post a link.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LexusOfficialStore

I don't know how 'official' it is, but the wheels are the genuine item, complete with with genuine box , part no. and packaging and the invoice appears to be from Lexus

Can't go wrong

They've been this price for a long time now, I've had them in my eBay watch list for at least 6 months. I'm going to get mine professionally refurbed - chemically stripped, powder coated, oven baked etc - all four costing £320. I don't see the point in getting new ones as they'll more than likely begin to corrode again after 12 months. And I'll save £76 over buying new.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, juicestop said:

They've been this price for a long time now, I've had them in my ebay watch list for at least 6 months. I'm going to get mine professionally refurbed - chemically stripped, powder coated, oven baked etc - all four costing £320. I don't see the point in getting new ones as they'll more than likely begin to corrode again after 12 months. And I'll save £76 over buying new.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Lexus just do not make wheels suitable to the European environment. Salted roads in the winter?

I bought a 'bargain' brand new set for  my old is200. They were knacked in 3 years. Hideous lumps and patches ... particularly near the valve stem.

Mine are now displaying the same corrosion and bulges. It ain't good enough Lexus...not at £360 per wheel!!!!!

I shall be getting mine refurbed in the next couple of months. I've seen some 4yr old ones done by this firm and they are still spot on, £280 all in.

Pretty much any other OEM wheel other than diamond cut and I would say yeah definitely buy a new wheel over having them refurbed.

But wheel corrosion is 1 area Toyota have always had issues!

In fact in the 8 years I have worked at a Toyota approved bodyshop we have only ever had about 8 warranty claims through Toyota and every single 1 of those has either been to do with wheel corrosion or door check strap related issues its pretty much the only area Toyota fall down!

Unlike VW who we have been approved to for about 5 years and I have witness 300-500 warranty claims in those 5 years!