Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon to be new IS300h F Sport owner

Hi All,

will be picking up my new ultra blue f sport on Monday and thought I would thank everyone for the posts and topics I have read over the past 3 months.

i was looking at the usual BMW, Audi, Merc but having read through the forums decided the Lexus was for me 

i must say Lexus Wolverhampton have been a pleasure to deal with and cannot wait to get the keys Monday night 

cheers all

Hi Adam and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Have got rid of your duplicated post.

Regards Mike

Hi All,

will be picking up my new ultra blue f sport on Monday and thought I would thank everyone for the posts and topics I have read over the past 3 months.

i was looking at the usual BMW, Audi, Merc but having read through the forums decided the Lexus was for me 

i must say Lexus Wolverhampton have been a pleasure to deal with and cannot wait to get the keys Monday night 

cheers all

Congratulations, bought my 300h Fsport from the same dealership after parting with Jaguar.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.

Great choice!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Would be nice to be buying Jaguar being so close to us, just a shame they've lost the plot. 

Why do you say that?   I had a look at an XE and was impressed with it.  I may well part ex next year for an R-Sport. Still lovin the Lexus at the moment though!!  The new XF looks great to.

Ed:yes:

8 hours ago, capese21 said:

Why do you say that?   I had a look at an XE and was impressed with it.  I may well part ex next year for an R-Sport. Still lovin the Lexus at the moment though!!  The new XF looks great to.

Ed:yes:

I love the XF, but the XE looks a tad odd to me from most angles (front looks a bit too American for my taste). Also the interior doesn't scream premium (IMO) as the Lex does :)

1 hour ago, tHomBleached said:

I love the XF, but the XE looks a tad odd to me from most angles (front looks a bit too American for my taste). Also the interior doesn't scream premium (IMO) as the Lex does :)

I agree with you. I sat in one in the showroom and thought it was a nice car but little things put me off. The roof of the boot had no trim just bare metal whereas the Lexus is properly trimmed. The doors didn't thunk shut like the Lexus. Some say its because they are made of aluminium but I actually believe they are steel.   

Lexus seems premium whereas the Jag doesn't really at least in the parts you notice.   I still really like the XE though but it has imho a slightly old man image to it. There are also loads around here in Warwickshire.

Ed.

1 hour ago, capese21 said:

I agree with you. I sat in one in the showroom and thought it was a nice car but little things put me off. The roof of the boot had no trim just bare metal whereas the Lexus is properly trimmed. The doors didn't thunk shut like the Lexus. Some say its because they are made of aluminium but I actually believe they are steel.   

Lexus seems premium whereas the Jag doesn't really at least in the parts you notice.   I still really like the XE though but it has imho a slightly old man image to it. There are also loads around here in Warwickshire.

Ed.

Agree with you on all accounts. Whilst the XE does look nice from the outside, especially in R Sport trim, in Italian red and with the Black pack, the interior was a major disappointment. When I sit in a car in the showroom, the first thing I do is touch and twiddle everything! Few things stood out - the leather was a bit weird, it felt like plastic. I was also not keen on the opening or solidity of the centre armrest which felt rather cheap (akin to something in a £15k Fiesta). The buttons on the steering wheel and centre console didn't have the feel of a £30k+ car.

The dashboard was not solid either, particularly the housing above the speedo which moved slightly and the steering wheel itself could be moved if you yanked hard enough.

The XF is more of the same story, cheap feeling interior - doesn't stand a chance against something like the GS in terms of solidity. Jaguar skimp out on bits you regularly use and touch - I wouldn't really be surprised if one of the indicator stalks fell off tbh.

I also agree about the doors, they don't thud properly. The doors AFAIK are aluminium but then so are the doors on the new RX and they don't sound tinny to me!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links