Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, looking for some help.

I need a new Battery for my lexus rx300 but have absolutely no idea about them. Should i buy what the Halfords site reccomends or look elsewhere? What is the specific size? Are the terminals all the same size or are they smaller? Are the pos and neg the opposite side to european batteries? Where can i get one and should i get a calcium Battery as i only do short journeys? How much should i be looking to spend?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Worth phoning your dealer for a quote, sometimes they can be competitive on Battery prices and other times not.

You do need to get a Battery compatible for the vehicle to ensure it will fit. Most of the websites (Halfords, Euro car parts etc) allow you to put in the vehicle details and provide you with the best option. Try and get something with the best warranty - 3 or 5 years for example. Cost will be around £70 to £100.

• Like 1

Thankyou Colin.

That was very helpful i will try the dealer tomorrow. If their price seems high the one that Halfords online recommended was £69 woth a year guarentee and that was the only one that came up so that should definitely fit?

The car has also been dead for almost 2 weeks is that going to have caused any problems that you know of?

Andy

Halfords one should fit it is listed for the vehicle. I think they charge for fitting but that would make it their problem to resolve if it didn't fit correctly.

No problem with being flat for that long other than you will need to initialise the auto windows, sunroof and possibly power tailgate (if you have one).

Thankyou again,

i have seen how to do the windows and roof but notnaure on the boot? Any idea?

Also found this Battery online

Does http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-batteries/battery/popular-car-battery/030-car-batteries/?444770301&0&cc5_1008

Does it seem like a good deal?

Andy

Looks, ok but I prefer Yuasa batteries.

If you fancy a make you've heard of and 4 yr warranty for same money, then look at the Varta: http://www.battery4cars.co.uk/manufacturer/lexus/lexus-rx300-rx350-rx400-petrol-car-batteries/e23-varta-blue-dynamic-12v-70ah-car-battery