Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New/old Lexus owner IS200

genie4mgic

I was a FORD or GM driver all of my life...having grown up and lived in the good ol' USA that is. Then I moved to the UK and drove a 320D BMW (didn't like it very much). I moved from the UK to Germany a few months ago and ended up buying a used Lexus IS200.

The car impressed me with its handling and the features (this was a fully loaded model with leather throughout and an automatic which is what I wanted)

Since buying it with 113k kms on it I have replaced the timing chain, the water pump, the rear break disks and retro-fitted a GPS into it. So far so good and no complaints. It runs like a charm.

However, I travel 120 km's every day to work and back and the car is using half a tank within two days. I am a fairly steady driver and my top speed on the "Autobahn" is no more than 150 km/hr. With the price of Super fuel in Germany it costs me about 73 EUR to fill it up. The fuel economy seems totally inefficient and excessive. I've asked my mechanic to look at and potentially replace:

Mass air flow sensor; Oxygen sensor; Spark plugs; Air filter

I will be looking at putting some new tires on there (all weather, currently winter tires).

What else can I do to improve fuel efficiency?

Appreciate any pointers and help! :)

It wasn't meant to be funny Gina, I am being serious.  You are driving close to 100mph, you'll never get economy at that speed.  The BMW and Audi drivers clearly have a higher fuel budget than yours.

Seriously? 93 mph is spoiling it? Surely there is something else. 

I had a leased IS350 2015 and I drove the same speed. The same distance and never had these issues. Ok fine, it was a Hybrid.

I'm not lead footed by any means, just following the flow of traffic :)

4 hours ago, genie4mgic said:

Very funny. lol I don't drive all THAT fast. You should see some of these BMW/Audi folks blowing past me doing 220!

yes,but maybe they d't mind about fueling:wink3:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links