Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300h 0-60 times

Just wondered how quick other people find their 300h - I have an app on my Iphone that shows 8.8 secs using Sport. I haven't timed it using the pseudo manual but it does feel faster when I use the stick....anybody else find that?

I've not tested it but I do find it plenty quick enough. I'm more aware of the power delivery than I was in the IS300h but the size and quietness makes it deceptive. I'm often going faster than I thought I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its not slow for what it is - it just hates Yorkshire lol....... and makes too much noise when its here!

I can see how it could become tiring up and down dales, especially when driving a Lexus is usually synonymous with quiet. Just need that bigger hybrid engine and a couple of missing toys and you're sorted [emoji1]

You can find many videos on tube, but the question if it's useful to set to manual to achieve best performance is interesting: in my opinion it's uninfluent, as fake gears have to purpose to have more or less engine braking. For what I have seen , you should expect a 0-60 time at about 8 seconds; if your car has few miles you will have better times after 8.000 miles. Why so many? Consider that in hybrid cars the petrol engine works for half time compared to not-hybrids.

Never timed mine, but I have never felt it under-powered, unlike my previous CT which sometimes did, unless in sport mode. I rarely go to sport mode in my NX, I honestly don't think it needs it, but fully loaded, or up and down dales it may need the extra umph. But in leafy Hampshire we don't have too many big hills. :winkiss: If I get the chance I will time it. 

6 hours ago, DJP said:

I can see how it could become tiring up and down dales, especially when driving a Lexus is usually synonymous with quiet. Just need that bigger hybrid engine and a couple of missing toys and you're sorted emoji1.png

Yeah if only Lexus UK marketing department could just sort that out!  TBH I think I would get used to the engine eventually but the main problem is the lack in availability of certain gadgets!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a GPS timed sprint at 7.1 this evening - albeit slightly downhill but offset by coming out of a junction - I'm rather pleased with that - not used the stick but was in Sports setting......would thrash most oil burning 4x4's except the largest cubed ones....

• 1 month later...

Good review that. :yes:

It's interesting how he is very impressed regarding MPG. I have noticed that from various USA reviewers. I think it is the fact that the USA claimed MPG is always more accurate in the USA, rather than our UK hyped industry con trick, which disappoints most buyers as some believe they will get what is advertised. Whilst in the US, the opposite happens when they find they get even more than the published figures. It's about time it is sorted out. 

Sorry, went a bit off topic there. :wacko:

Yes Alex has managed to shave around 1.5 secs off the Lexus figures for both the Nx and Rx. Impressive stuff eh ? :ohmy:

Some of this can be explained by his trick of forcing the engine to start whilst stationary, prior to the launch, so both the the power of the Battery and massive starting torque of the motors is directly solely to the best launch, rather than wasting it all in starting the engine during the launch. Smart idea eh ? :smile:

He also makes frequent comparisons with the (2015) Rx in the major driving characteristics to help someone decide which is better suited to their needs. :unsure:

I would guess the major driving characteristics are not so different for the latest Rx.

In passing, and slightly off topic, he does make mention of the increased Nx driving noise whilst accelerating and climbing mountain grades !! :ohmy:, but does not make a major issue of it. I guess this a subjective consideration of whether you can live with it or not, so you need to try it for yourself, if you can find a suitable location. :smile:

• 6 months later...

Bloody hell this is a quiet forum! Timed mine again on a perfectly flat road with a GPS timer at 7.1 secs to 60mph - not at all shabby and that's a big fo to the naysayers that say my RX is better than your nx etc brigade!

On 21/12/2016 at 4:56 AM, Nelsthebass said:

Bloody hell this is a quiet forum! Timed mine again on a perfectly flat road with a GPS timer at 7.1 secs to 60mph - not at all shabby and that's a big fo to the naysayers that say my RX is better than your nx etc brigade!

Btw should mention that the figures are 0-100km/h so 0-62mph. 

RX is much faster there's not really any question. The new one does 62mph in 6s if brake torqued. 

Quoted power for the 200t NX is 235 BHP and weight 2.2 tonnes. Performance looks to be close to the RX, with some tests coming in at 7.1 seconds to 60, but when the maths is done on power to weight and the extra torque of the RX 450h accounted for, it is the quicker of the two, no question, with some gps tests showing 6.5 seconds for the sprint to 60.  Close on 300BHP for not a lot more weight and more torque are figures that don't lie.  The 300H doesn't come anywhere close (Lexus quote 9.3 seconds), even if Lexus tend to under-egg their 0-62 times a little.  How can it?  It's waaaaay down on power compared with the RX450h.  Comparable perhaps with the 300h but no way is the NX300h comparible with the RX450h;  that's just wishful thinking. 

• 2 months later...

Haven't done any 0-62 times but the NX feels much quicker on the initial take off than my RX, they have tuned it for more electric surge from start. Performance for overtaking though I'd probably hand it to the RX - once you are at higher speeds it's the petrol engine doing the work and the 3.5 V6 def beats the 4 cylinder.

Both great cars but i'd say NX def excels more with towns and lower speed driving.

my IS 300H feels very quick off the line up to 50mph then the accelleration seems to slow down propably as the el motor has done its work by then. will be interesting to see how the 0-50 figs compare to some other cars i find it seriously quick. i think that from 50 to 60 i can lose some 1.5 secs.

I've had quite a few quick cars in my time, some less than 6s to 60 and even 5.5, and they felt very quick every time. Had plenty of cars that do 0-60 in about 7s and they feel quick with a decent shove in the back. Also had plenty of cars around the 8-8.5s to 60. My arse tells me that my NX300h, and the others I tested, is not in the same league as any of these cars. Certainly doesn't feel like it anyway. Decent off the mark but that's about all. Can't see an NX300h posting a 7s 0-60, I've had too many cars that do that sort of figure, including my last car - an IS200t, and an NX300h doesn't feel that quick at all. I'm happy though, it's not all about the traffic light GP and in any case I'm a little older nowadays..

On 17 March 2017 at 10:43 PM, Nelsthebass said:

I've now timed it both with a gps tracker and good old stop watch and got just over 7secs in mine so either I've got a good un or most people drive like pussies!

You're carrying around a few less options I guess