Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey everyone, there comes a time in all cars life where they may require some new floor mats!! My rx300 time has come.

Does anybody know anywhere i could source some original floor mats, rubber or carpet ones. Or can you order the older ones from lexus dealer?

If not could you reccomend a place to get some unofficial tailored ones, tried one guy on eBay and they didn't fit at all so dont want to takw any more risks with it.

Thanks for all replies in advance.

Andy

I bought some floor mats for my IS from this eBay seller and I was quite pleased with the quality. Fit perfectly as well. 

This is their listing for RX300 mats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-RX300-03-09-FULLY-TAILORED-QUALITY-CAR-FLOOR-MATS-IN-BLACK-CLIPS-/381572906352?fits=Model%3ARX&hash=item58d7847d70:m:m1FvobLJs3bo3JvNkuDyLmw

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

I bought some floor mats for my IS from this ebay seller and I was quite pleased with the quality. Fit perfectly as well. 

This is their listing for RX300 mats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-RX300-03-09-FULLY-TAILORED-QUALITY-CAR-FLOOR-MATS-IN-BLACK-CLIPS-/381572906352?fits=Model%3ARX&hash=item58d7847d70:m:m1FvobLJs3bo3JvNkuDyLmw

Wow thanks buddy these look like a bargain!! Were the clips on your ones all in the correct place too? Might have to order some of these. Whats the quality like? 

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes the mats fit perfectly and the clips locate the mat firmly (only for the driver on the IS)

They appear to be well made and look as if they will be hard wearing... time will tell though, I've only had them a week!

They've got a rough surface to the backing which I suppose is anti-slip and the carpet is short pile so should be easy to vacuum and keep clean.

1 hour ago, bobmc said:
9 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Hi Andy

Yes the mats fit perfectly and the clips locate the mat firmly (only for the driver on the IS)

They appear to be well made and look as if they will be hard wearing... time will tell though, I've only had them a week!

They've got a rough surface to the backing which I suppose is anti-slip and the carpet is short pile so should be easy to vacuum and keep clean.

Sold!!!! Thanks for the advice!! 

1 hour ago, AndyRX300 said:

Got these for my RX just for the winter - waste of money. They lasted a few weeks before rolling up on the sides etc and they're so thin its unbelievable.

Its not anywhere near OEM quality. Ive had my OEM ones for 4 years now and they barely look used!

Spend the money on the proper mats and you won't be disappointed. The above ones are genuinely crap

Also yes, its short pile but that doesn't mean its easy to clean. Things stick to it and get tangled in it.

• Like 1

Are you sure it was the same seller?  I do want to state that I have no connection with them other than as a buyer.

I've only had mine a little over a week and I haven't got them messy yet so I can only comment on my 1st impressions which, I have to say, were positive. Hence the recommendation.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Well ive ordered some anyway as i cant find any oem ones anywhere anyway. Plus theyre only £15 so not bothered if they dont last long anyway, but we dont use the car too much anyway so they should cope haha. Thanks for the recommendation bud.

Will let you know how they perform.

But if you know where i can get some oem ones any information is greatly appreciated.

Andy

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Are you sure it was the same seller?  I do want to state that I have no connection with them other than as a buyer.

I've only had mine a little over a week and I haven't got them messy yet so I can only comment on my 1st impressions which, I have to say, were positive. Hence the recommendation.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Yeah same seller, they were like the carpets I had in my Ford Fiesta back in the day lol. They started rolling up on the ends but the worse bit was the accumulation of little bits. Couldnt hoover the thing so had to keep extracting it. 

Why the OEM ones so expensive? RX450h ones are £70 for a pair from a dealer if you haggle!

I went into the Lexus Birmigham dealer to inquire about mats for my 400H and was quoted £120 for black mats and £160 for beige (which is what I wanted). I'm sure they're the best quality but that's serious money. I think I'll gamble on some eBay mats first before I invest that kind of cash on mats.

4 hours ago, Assa1974 said:

I went into the Lexus Birmigham dealer to inquire about mats for my 400H and was quoted £120 for black mats and £160 for beige (which is what I wanted). I'm sure they're the best quality but that's serious money. I think I'll gamble on some eBay mats first before I invest that kind of cash on mats.

That is very steep especially considering the RX450h ones are about £90 regardless of colour without any discount. They usually give it for £70 with haggling. Im aware that the RX450h actually has more carpet than the RX400h so I can only assume the price difference is due to the mats being special order as the RX400h is no longer made.

Generally any car mat with a heel pad suggests that the carpet is of poor quality. In beige mats, eBay doesn't seem to have many options. They are all the same grade of carpet.

However, I have ordered mats from Carmats4u before and they were good quality. I ordered the luxury car mats which are £35.50 for beige for my previous RX300 + any additional stitching etc. Id assume the Exclusive ones are even better!

You can also check out mrcarmats.co.uk

They have a wide selection in terms of colours, trim and quality... but check the reviews before ordering.

18 hours ago, DanD said:

You can also check out mrcarmats.co.uk

They have a wide selection in terms of colours, trim and quality... but check the reviews before ordering.

I've just order a set from them. There are a few sites for tailored mats which all appear to have the same 'engine' behind them i.e. pick quality, pick colour, pick trim, pick personalisation. They all seem to be coming in around the same price so probably are all using the same raw materials - may even all actually be the same company with different fornt-ends for all I know. Anyway I'll update once they arrive.

• 2 years later...
On 4/20/2016 at 11:29 AM, Assa1974 said:

I've just order a set from them. There are a few sites for tailored mats which all appear to have the same 'engine' behind them i.e. pick quality, pick colour, pick trim, pick personalisation. They all seem to be coming in around the same price so probably are all using the same raw materials - may even all actually be the same company with different fornt-ends for all I know. Anyway I'll update once they arrive.

Usually if you go for the Luxury or Premium mats - i.e. around £40-80 ones theyre pretty good

Seeing as the thread has been resurrected 🙂

Those mats I bought off ebay 3 years ago have lasted pretty well.The only place where there's any sign of wear is the drivers heel pad - as you would expect. Unfortunately, the original seller doesn't seem to be around anymore but I think the point made above is valid, i.e lots of sellers sourcing from the same place(s). For the £20-odd quid I paid three years ago I'm perfectly happy.