Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 gs430 hid headlight problem

Hi, I just thought that this info might be of use to anyone encountering intermittent hid headlight problems.

A few months ago I had my o/s dipped beam hid headlight going off after a couple of minutes and after switching them off then back on it would come on again

only to go off again after a short time. This would happen randomly and not every day ( no bulb out warning on dash) and was advised by several members that the said bulb was starting to fail. Checked a out replacement pair and found them to be around  £50-60  so before a shelled out for these bulbs I decided to swap them over from side to side  to rule out a ballast problem and on removing the bulbs I noticed that the o/s bulb had a slight burn/corrosion mark on the side contact point which when you swap them over this contact point is in a different place and hey presto intermittent has disappeared.

Kind Regards Brian 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian, I might give this a go as I noticed last night than one of the passanger side bulb was doing the same as you descibe. Do you have to discharge them first? I don't want to get a shock!

• 1 month later...

Just out of interest was this with the standard 4.5 k bulbs?? as i had a problem with mine on my 450h after i had fitted hotter running 6000k bulbs, even swapping them over didnt help, as soon as i went back to the 4k ones they worked properly again

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in replying to the replies to my thread but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore lol,

anyway in relation to my thread iv'e had no issues with my light problem since I swapped the bulbs over from side to side in April this year and yes they were standard

spec bulbs but looking at some replies about the light out put degrading over time ( I think my bulbs are original) and don't seem as bright

as some other Xenon lights I might consider replacing them.

Cheers Brian.