Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Just signed up....looking for ISF

Hi Guys,

Just signed up but have been a lexus owner for a while.......Currently own 2001 GS430 sport 31,000 miles!!!  RX300 and Honda S2000. Based Cheshire.

I have been following the thread on here regarding the white ISF north manchester (the one with black badges and purple calipers)......i have not been to see the car but from what has been said on here i'm put off by it......   At the end of the thread the grey ISF in Ashover Derbyshire was mentioned....i have been looking at this one for a little while before it was mentioned,

I have a quick question......the white one (58 plate) has the black and chrome surround for the nav screen, where as the grey one (08 plate) has the silver one with grey buttons....does this indicate a difference in the features ie DAB and HDD?

I only ask as i thought the the nav only changed during the introduction of the blue steering wheel bottom.

Thanks

Hi Chris and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Welcome to the forum. I imagine the owner changed it for personal aesthetic reasons. It's just a facia isn't it as opposed to the whole unit? If it is the whole unit it may have been replaced under warranty so may well have dab.

Welcome Chris,

I believe the change to the centre console system took place late in 08/early 09. I know of at least one 58 plate that has the black finish as opposed to the grey in my car and other 08 models.

This is not just a fascia. The whole unit would need to be replaced with the later version (something the US forum tells me is no easy task!).

I would suggest the car you are looking at with the black finish has the later tech, and came that way from the factory.

Often with model changes you see older cars registered on plates that would suggest the newer spec, but in reality, they were sitting at the dealerships for a while before being sold and finally registered. Seems this works the other way, in that earlier cars have later spec than you would expect based on the number plate.

Hope this helps. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the info guys that clears that question up.............

On another note, I am now the proud owner of a 08 Cadoxton Slate Gray  :) can wait to pick it up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Butchs13 said:

Thanks for the info guys that clears that question up.............

On another note, I am now the proud owner of a 08 Cadoxton Slate Gray  :) can wait to pick it up

Congrats! :thumbs_up:

Look forward to seeing some photos when you get a chance. :cool:

We like photos here. :yahoo:

35 minutes ago, Butchs13 said:

certainly will do....tomorrow cant come quick enough :yahoo:

Congratulations, welcome to the club. Which one did you end up buying?

2 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Congratulations, welcome to the club. Which one did you end up buying?

Thanks, not sure if your following the ones for sale......but its the 08 plate, private sale in ashover derbyshire. Went to see it last night and put a cheeky bid in on the eBay listing......never bid on eBay before, sweaty palms :) 

2 hours ago, Butchs13 said:

Thanks, not sure if your following the ones for sale......but its the 08 plate, private sale in ashover derbyshire. Went to see it last night and put a cheeky bid in on the ebay listing......never bid on ebay before, sweaty palms :) 

Yup I always keep an eye out on the ones for sale. Looks like a cracking price, enjoy!

12 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Erm second best colour after black :wink3:

F23447A1-3320-4613-97F3-E32DA92E513D_zps

Not that I'm biased...

Second that Gib...  😀

Welcome Butchs, always good to welcome a new member.

so on a side note I work up in Liverpool in the week presently has to be worth organising a mini meet in the Cheshire area. Any nigght mid week I can be there. Be great to meet a few like minded owners 

Sound like we might be able to get something together here. Warrington guy, as I'm not a local any suggestions for a nice we drive out and a meet up location? Once I have an idea of a location I'll post up in the meets section and stop spamming up Butchs thread. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links