Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220d Aftermarket Wheel Fitment

MR2jay

Good Morning Guys 

First post and already I'm asking questions...I'll do a proper intro thread in a minute, I promise.....

Nice and simple start to the day - Wheel fitment. Looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels for my 2007 IS as the 16" rims are tired, too small and make the ride far too floaty (it's actually so bad it is giving both my daughter and missus car sickness which is unheard of). I understand a bit about wheel fitments and think I have selected a set of staggered rims which might do the job nicely.

I know this is going to compromise the ride quality somewhat but that is actually the idea. By firming up the ride, both with less flex in the tyre sidewall and firming up the suspension, it might make her firm enough to solve the car sickness.....

The wheels I have found are 18 x 8 ET 38 front and 18 x 9 ET 40 on the rear. I'll be running 235 40 front tyres and 255 35 rears

Am I likely to have any issues with this setup with strut clearance, flushness etc?

Thanks

• 3 months later...