Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220d Aftermarket Wheel Fitment

MR2jay

Good Morning Guys 

First post and already I'm asking questions...I'll do a proper intro thread in a minute, I promise.....

Nice and simple start to the day - Wheel fitment. Looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels for my 2007 IS as the 16" rims are tired, too small and make the ride far too floaty (it's actually so bad it is giving both my daughter and missus car sickness which is unheard of). I understand a bit about wheel fitments and think I have selected a set of staggered rims which might do the job nicely.

I know this is going to compromise the ride quality somewhat but that is actually the idea. By firming up the ride, both with less flex in the tyre sidewall and firming up the suspension, it might make her firm enough to solve the car sickness.....

The wheels I have found are 18 x 8 ET 38 front and 18 x 9 ET 40 on the rear. I'll be running 235 40 front tyres and 255 35 rears

Am I likely to have any issues with this setup with strut clearance, flushness etc?

Thanks

You will be OK with clearance, because IS came with 18" option from stock, however I believe you have to play with alignment e.g. get wheel "spacers" to get your offsets right (I might still be wrong).

What I am hoping to do is actually bring the wheel further out in the arch. The regular 16" rims I believe are an ET 45 with a 7" width, bBy pulling the wheel further out with a lower offset and the extended width, I'm hoping to bring them closer to flush without having to roll arches etc

Well.. as I said you won't need to roll arches with 18" as they are by default designed to accept 18" wheels. The only reason why you would need to do it is if you get much wider rims than stock. I believe stocks are 8 and 8,5.... so 9 on the rear should still be fine. The minor difference in width and ET will have impact on wheel alignment thought.

I'm looking at a 30mm drop as well, which should help with the "Look" of the wheel. The 16" ones on there are seriously tucked though, which I know is standard. I believe that these fitments will bring the front out 20mm and the rear about 30mm which can only help....

OK, the rims I am after also come with a rear offset of ET20.....According to my calculator, this would place the inner edge at roughtly the same place as it is now but would this rub the arch on a 30mm drop?

Alternate Rear.jpg

Will do :)

What do people think about this fitment? Looking to buy these in the next week or so but want to make sure I am doing OK with the fitment.

I'm looking for a lot more flush than stock, looking at how tucked the stockers are, it needs something fairly drastic

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links