Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Largest Alloys I can Put on my car

Hi, I am thinking to change my alloys and was wondering what is the largest size alloy you could put on the car without changing the suspension. Any help would be appreciated also if anyones got any photos of alloys they have had on their car. 

Thank you,

Not aware of anyone running 20's this side of the pond. Think a few US owners have gone this route, but pretty sure they had to cut and modify their wheel arches to do it.

It's possible, but not straightforward.

You're better off sticking with 19's in my opinion.

Finding a 20 or bigger that won't affect rotating mass will be tricky unless you spend mega money.

You may also throw out your handling, and speedo calibration.

12 hours ago, arumjaved123 said:

I have been told you are able to have 20inch alloys and you can have 8.5J at the front with 9.5 J at the back. Has someone done this ? Thanks 

5 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Not aware of anyone running 20's this side of the pond. Think a few US owners have gone this route, but pretty sure they had to cut and modify their wheel arches to do it.

It's possible, but not straightforward.

You're better off sticking with 19's in my opinion.

Finding a 20 or bigger that won't affect rotating mass will be tricky unless you spend mega money.

You may also throw out your handling, and speedo calibration.

Sorry, Im confused now.

This is in the IS-F forum so you probably can go to 20's if you have an IS-F. Just taken a look and you can fit 20 x 8.5 on the front but will need an offset of 38 to get it as close as possible to current setup. You'll have to fit 225/30 r20 tyres and will see a gain of 2mm in ride height so nothing significant on stock suspension.

The rear will have to be on 255/40 r20 with a 48 offset if you're going for 20 x 9.5. Ride height will go down by 0.05mm which is nothing really.

I originally thought you had an IS F-Sport because it says 2014 model on your profile.

I also assumed you were running an IS-F (given your post is in the IS-F sub-forum).

Wouldn't know if you are talking about an F sport, but my prior post stands if you do have an IS-F.

11 minutes ago, arumjaved123 said:

Sorry I've always delat with BMW's which is which model all it says on my log book is IS 300h F Sport ? 

If you've got an IS300h F-Sport, 19" would be the largest you can go. Lexus do some 19" F-Sport wheels which look INSANE. They're pricey but the fitment is spot on and the lip on them is massive!

I'm not sure whether they would fit an IS300H F Sport.  Hmm they also seem diamond cut. Bloody expensive to repair!

I was thinking these 19" bad boys

2011LexusIS350CFSportBrakesm001.jpg

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, arumjaved123 said:

Brilliant a quick update i thought id leave the standard alloys at the mo and save up and buy the ones from Lexus in the previous post. Can you confirm what car these come on as standard is it the RC? 

They're OEM LS460 F Sport wheels that's on Graham's car.