Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rather Annoyed...

Craig W

Another crappy (yet exciting) night on the doors.

We had some black chaps (not being racist, just stating they was black) from out of town, London i think.

Anyway it's kicked off inside the club with them, a scuffle takes place and the main guy hits a doorman over the head with a glass ashtray. We get them outside, but as we're grappling with them the same guy bites a chunk out of another doormans neck! (proper Dracular style).

We have the animal pinned to the floor (waiting for the police to arrive), all seems calm and then his mates start kicking off so it all goes up in the air again.

The police arrive and handcuffed the main guy whilst i help them with some of the mates. As i'm holding one of the mates to the ground so the police could cuff him the dirty ******* animal (who's being taken to the riot van) spits a mouthful of his blood all over the side of my head. I couldn't do anything as i was surrounded by police, and value my door licence too much. I just had to swallow my pride and allow it - i was livid.

We got the usual crap that he's coming back to put a bullet in us. His mate assulted a police officer so i hope they both have a nice night in the cells.

I never understand why people on a night out want to cause so much trouble. :angry:

Sorry to hear about your horrid night last night. I hope your mate recovers from his injuries and the scum bags get what they deserve. :angry:

Another thing I will never understand is how do doorman decide who is allowed in and who's not. What is the criteria they use? Me and 3 other mates were out last weekend and we got refused from some bars we usually go to. Some nights they let you in and other nights, they don't...very frustrating! :blink:

And finally, I understand the need for door men to be intimidating so no one messes with them...but sometimes they are just TOO stiff looking... do you know what I mean? :shutit: It makes me laugh that they have to act so hard all of the time. I know absolutely jack all about manning the doors and I guess it just comes with the territory. I must say the doormen and ladies provide a great service and most of them are excellent at their jobs. :D

ifraz, as to how easy it is to get in comes down alot to where you're going out i suppose. I went to London once and they're extremley strict in some places, a real a*se to gain entry!

At our club it's down to the doormans discretion. I'll only knock someone back for the obvious things - dressed wrong (we have a dress code for each night, but pretty much if you look smart you'll get in, i usually only turn people away with trainers and tracksuit bottoms on). Obviously if they're young looking and don't have I.D then they wont get in.

In a nutshell, i'll only turn you away if you're a scruffy git, underage, too drunk or full of attitude.

As for looking stiff, lol i'm probably guilty of this. I'm just doing my job though, people have to understand that if i get 5+ security calls a night, i'm going to be on edge and ready to pounce. We have a couple of doormen who are totally opposite, always joking about and laughing with the ladies etc - but they're our weak links who more often than not will miss a security call because they're yapping.

A physical presence is a good thing, as it's an obvious visual deterant - but times have changed. Size means nothing in todays world. Im 6ft and 18st but i know there's plenty of 5ft 5, 10 stone guys who would probably stick a bottle over my head in the blink of an eye. Good communication is the greatest tool a doorman can posess.

If i'm honest, punters probably look at me and think 'look at that grumpy b*stard*, what they don't understand is i'm trying to watch over 1000+ people, always alert and always looking for potential situations. Sorry if i don't smile whilst doing so lol. If someone approaches me for something they'll find i'm very polite and helpful.

Being a doorman is a very thankless job, to the punter it just looks like we stand there doing sod all and looking hard. We literally put our lives at risk every night, but it goes far beyond just breaking up fights and chucking people out, only a few weeks ago i saved a girl who had been drugged from being taken away by some bloke (long story, maybe another thread) - the power of observation.

Sorry you and your friends got knocked back mate, i do know that some doormen are actually total utter tosspots, who give us all a bad name but you get good and bad in everything :)

Thanks Craig for the insight into the world of security. :ph34r:

So what you're saying is if I approach a hard b*stard doorman and say hello, he will say hello back :o . **** that for a laugh....I avoid eye contact if I can :lol:

As you've said, not all the guys are the same. One instance I can reacall from last weekend, we approached a bar and the doorman didn't even look at us. He looked away and simply said "not tonight lads...go somewhere else" WTF was that all about? :o We were smartly dressed, with shoes and no tracksuit bottoms and still got turned away. I looked through the windows into the bar thinking it was busy but it wasn't, it was only half full. Don't understand...

I think some guys simply get 'power trips'. I guess the guys new to the job are a bit like that. They think they do what they like and get away with it (well, they can can't they :crybaby:). A bit like Taxi drivers at night :D

I'm sure you do a great job Craig (at looking hard). Mindless :tsktsk: just spoil the night for everyone.

What gets me is having doormen at a pub.....whats all that about?

Maybe i frequent to many dodgy pubs :lol::lol:

Most of the pubs around town have doorman thurs/fri/sat/sun. Alot of pubs in the area are going for late licences, infact the Littern Tree re-opened with it's late licence this week - they can now shut at 2am.

Ive never worked in a pub, only nightclubs. The pubs around here don't have much trouble, so only have upto a few doormen on.

Most of these cockroaches nowadays are drug fuelled and show no reason or mercy.

Ive never touched a rec drug so have never experienced the effects, but i remember one time we had trouble with a guy who was coked up out of his head, he was tiny but his strength was absolutley unreal.

graig

which town are you working in............

as for WARRINGTON, its just full of wanna be hardmen (kids) who just want to continually give us guys a hard time

we don't stand on the front door freezing our b*****ks off, getting yards of abuse, and generally the p**s taken out of us for nothing.

fist of all we do it for the money, secondly its a necessety in todays society of aloco popped fuel idiots,

were not all power crazed little hitlers with bad attitudes, some of us do care if people don't enjoy themselves, don't just think because were not smiling at you that we are a miserable bunch of ****s we have a job to do and we have to stay focused. lets face it how many of you could have a smile permanatly fixed on your faces? its nigh on impossible.........................

so next time you guys are out having a good time spare athough for the lads who are stood there 'LOOKING LIKE STIFFS' who at a blink of an eye are there ready to save your or any of your mates 'Bacon'

and please give generously 'in the bucket' at christmas........... :winky:

I have total respect for door/security men. I always make an effort to say 'evening' or 'cheers' to you guys when I'm out. Yes there is few gobsh*tes out there but you get that type everywhere in life.

I like to see security walking through a club or a large pub alert and always looking for the ****** thats drank to much barcadi breezer and wants to take the world on.

Keep the good work up guys and show the :tsktsk: the door :winky:

I'm now off to my local where everyone is too old to start a fight :D

Edited by ifraz

I agree with the fact that they do a worthy job.

What I don't like are the few (like in any profession) who think they are the law and beat the c**p out of people who start trouble or who are just innocent bystanders.

You are not there to dish out the law or punishment, but to uphold it - same goes for the coppers - and I know a few - who put the boot in. Not warrented and not wanted. No wonder they have a bad name.

I am always polite to bouncers/doormen and say hi etc. Most of them are ok, esp. the older you get.

Hope you mate is ok, could easily have turned out worse when some nutter gets his teeth in. It does make you mad. Hard to hold your temper!!

Stay safe eh!

• 4 weeks later...
graig

which town are you working in............

as for WARRINGTON, its just full of wanna be hardmen (kids) who just want to continually give us guys a hard time

we don't stand on the front door freezing our b*****ks off, getting yards of abuse, and generally the p**s taken out of us for nothing.

fist of all we do it for the money, secondly its a necessety in todays society of aloco popped fuel idiots,

were not all power crazed little hitlers with bad attitudes, some of us do care if people don't enjoy themselves, don't just think because were not smiling at you that we are a miserable bunch of ****s we have a job to do and we have to stay focused. lets face it how many of you could have a smile permanatly fixed on your faces? its nigh on impossible.........................

so next time you guys are out having a good time spare athough for the lads who are stood there 'LOOKING LIKE STIFFS' who at a blink of an eye are there ready to save your or any of your mates 'Bacon'

and please give generously 'in the bucket' at christmas........... :winky:

hi sorry to bother you guys but i live in warrington i came across your convo and basically wondering if you guys could give me some help, i am wanting to get my badge to work warrington doors at the moment noone has really helped me and told me how to go about this i am 6ft 3 ,i got o'malleys gym most days when i can and i want to ne a doorman basically for extra cash i have helped a few friends in bolton before one of them being ste grundy if anyone knows him he has give me alot of advice but i dont really see him to much any more so any help at all would be appreciated, cheers lads

Hi Cappsy,

I don't think there are too many doormen who use this site. :unsure: I'm sure someone who maybe albe to offer you some advise will pop along soon. Alternatively you could try PM'ing Craig or jaybo directly if they miss this post. They might have some useful advise for you. :ph34r:

Hi Cappsy,

I don't think there are too many doormen who use this site. :unsure: I'm sure someone who maybe albe to offer you some advise will pop along soon. Alternatively you could try PM'ing Craig or jaybo directly if they miss this post. They might have some useful advise for you. :ph34r:

nice one cheers mate

Thanks Craig for the insight into the world of security. :ph34r:

So what you're saying is if I approach a hard b*stard doorman and say hello, he will say hello back :o . **** that for a laugh....I avoid eye contact if I can :lol:

As you've said, not all the guys are the same. One instance I can reacall from last weekend, we approached a bar and the doorman didn't even look at us. He looked away and simply said "not tonight lads...go somewhere else" WTF was that all about? :o We were smartly dressed, with shoes and no tracksuit bottoms and still got turned away. I looked through the windows into the bar thinking it was busy but it wasn't, it was only half full. Don't understand...

I think some guys simply get 'power trips'. I guess the guys new to the job are a bit like that. They think they do what they like and get away with it (well, they can can't they :crybaby:). A bit like Taxi drivers at night :D

I'm sure you do a great job Craig (at looking hard). Mindless :tsktsk: just spoil the night for everyone.

Order!!! Order!!! We're not all robbing Swines.. Just most of us :lol:

The purpose of laws is to maintain law and order rather than justice. This is why we're not allowed assisted suicides in case things get out of hand NOT because it's our body to do with as we please.

It is more important for government to prevent scum getting their just desserts because we don't want the likes of the anti-paedophile protesters murdering innocent people as they have done and even attacking a paediatricians house (how dumb can they get?). Law and Order rather than Justice has to be maintained if they're going to get re-elected.

UNFORTUNATELY, once the police have done their bit, they're charged and found guilty, the courts wag their fingers at them and let them go on their merry way.

It's a joke! You watch the police chases on the telly where the US hands out tough sentences but the same offences in the UK get about a tenth of the time in jail.

p.s. I'd have a medical check up for AIDS.

Hi, before I get started I think that the majority of pub/club bounbers do a fantastic job & certainly not one that most people would consider risking, so all respect to you for that! :zee:

I got beaten up 2yrs ago on Christmas eve at my local club by a guy I had never seen before, I was talking to a friend & he waled up to me & grapped my drink, I didn't let go and I ended up a bit of a mess. 2 of the bouncers were stood less than 2metres away & can't have seen what was happening, but after a few well placed hits & with the help óf one of my mates we managed to get to them, the guy was told to go home & the bouncers never spoke to me, I was too scared to leave & was too messed up to stay. When I did go outside I found a policeman who, when I tried to report it askd me how much I had had to drink & what had I done to start it...

at the time I was also house sharing with a bouncer who had just recived gis licence but had only been out of hospital 6mths after being sectioned for serious aggrivated assault & mulitpersonality disorder...

so my question is....who regulates who gets a license & do you have regular 'refresher' courses?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links