Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

3 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Rayaan, is it likely that you will post your findings when you have done the update please.  I am toying with the idea of doing mine very soon and it will be interesting to see how easy or tricky the job might be.  Many thanks.

It's not tricky at all, essentially almost plug and play.

I have followed the link given earlier in this thread.  I have registered as a user of the site and, I get as far as entering my VIN No. but then come to a stop.  i cannot see a search box anywhere to make any entries.

typical of me eh!  can someone please enlighten me a little more.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

I think that I may be going into the wrong area initially.  This what I've got (hopefully the image will appear OK)

Lexus_2.jpg

I suspect you're going on the wrong section.

You have to go on the REPAIR tab and then look for ECU SOFTWARE UPDATES, 2nd to bottom in the right column

OK folks, you all know me and techie bits, I get there in the end!

Just to be on the safe side, here is what I've got on my (originally blank) USB stick.  Does it look right to those of you who have already done the update?

One question on something that has me confused, how on earth do you find out about pressing the menu button and turning the lights on and off 3 times?

Firmware Update.JPG

Hi bluenose1940, Yes you have the correct files. To enter service mode hold menu button and switch lights on and off three times, this will bring up service screen and select Service info. Now select Program Update. Insert USB stick then follow instructions. Do not touch anything whilst it is updating, only takes a few minutes. Once all done, switch off ignition then switch back on again ..... hey presto all done.

1 minute ago, bhardman said:

Hi bluenose1940, Yes you have the correct files. To enter service mode hold menu button and switch lights on and off three times, this will bring up service screen and select Service info. Now select Program Update. Insert USB stick then follow instructions. Do not touch anything whilst it is updating, only takes a few minutes. Once all done, switch off ignition then switch back on again ..... hey presto all done.

Hi Brian, thank you for the info.  Couple more possibly silly questions, do I need to have the engine running (I do when updating the firmware on my dashcam) and, is it the USB slot that is in the armrest, I'm not aware of any others.  I remember having to remove a bit of facia when I was replacing the satnav disk in my IS250. This was to get at the additional DVD slot that was hidden, so not sure if there are any hidden USB slots.

Thanks to all who have offered guidance, tis much appreciated.

Just done the update - I was on something ancient - It was VCXXXXXX

Its smoother and I can tell straight away but not noticed anything else apart from that

Something else I would like to add is that it copies the files onto the system first and then after pressing OK a few times it says "ECU update" which may make someone panic.

Anyway, after the "ECU update" it tells you to turn ACC off at which point just switch the car off and then on again. The screen will then say "updating system" and after that will turn on normally.

i have completed the update using the menu button & 3 x lights on & off method

when i look in the update history it doesn't list the new update only VD12102C

from last year ,should this update appear here.

• 10 months later...

It seems that since Lexus revamped the website the method to obtain the file no longer works. It may just be because you need a valid subscription at the time of trying the search, in the past I've just purchased a one hour subscription.

I may have the file somewhere, just not sure of the filename :(

It doesn't give the download with an active subscription either, I've just tried.  I'm guessing the whole site is messed up since the re-launch.

I've just searched my computer for the original ZIP file (VD12103A.ZIP) but I don't have it anymore.

I don't think it's now messed up, it's actually probably fixed to the way Lexus want. They don't typically allow code downloads unless you are a techstream subscriber. The previous way we were obtaining the file was probably an oversight on their part. This wasn't a customer facing file due to the complicated install process compared to the ones they make available on the customer portal.

I've found VD12103A, it contains two files dated 30/11/15 which sounds about right.

Hi guys, i have been trying to find an update for my (new to me) IS300h to no avail, I am current running VC0310A... i can't even use traffic updates on this version apparently. 

Would it be possible to get hold of a copy of the latest firmware to flash? No luck anywhere on the Lexus website. 

Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

New member here, joined because of this thread!!

I am about to take delivery of (a new to me) 2014 Lexus IS300H Luxury Spec and I will be looking to update the firmware when it arrives, Is there now any method to get the update files since lexus re-jigged their website?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated!

The Capt

Hey,

I managed to get hold of a copy of the firmware, worked on my car and can now use the internet connected stuff again. I am away with work until Saturday but can dig it out again when back if you still need it then. 

Send me a PM if I forget on Saturday! 

Cheers 

Gentleman!

I imagine I will still need it then so please send it on when it suits, I am taking delivery next week.

Do you know: Are there different software versions for different media system versions?

According to the screenshots here: the car I am getting has the "Lexus Premium Navigation" and is controlled by a mouse pad thing rather than a wheel!

Thanks again,

The Capt

On 2017-6-1 at 10:35 AM, marrat said:

Shouldn't the dealer you buy it from update everything before handing over the car?

Nope, they won't do this unless its lagging or crashing on inspection

Hey Capt, sent you a PM. 

I believe they are different versions for the different Navs but I also have the premium kit which is handy. 

I do find it mad that they don't update just out of principle, the update made my system a lot more responsive and the internet services would not work before. Just kept telling me to download the update from a web page that does not exist any more.

Cheers

• Like 1