Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

Hi again folks,

I have just been on to the Lexus tech.eu site but I can't seem to get to see what the latest firmware is.  I have done it in the past but it doesn't seem to be working in the same way anymore.

Anyone have any ideas as to the latest issue please?

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi again folks,

I have just been on to the Lexus tech.eu site but I can't seem to get to see what the latest firmware is.  I have done it in the past but it doesn't seem to be working in the same way anymore.

Can't do it anymore, dealer only now

I just took delivery of my 2014 is300h and was about to update the firmware provided by @daveevans91 which was named VD12103A when I checked the installed firmware:

My system gave me this "Current: VD12104A" so it looks like I have a newer update installed already

By the looks of things, (and assuming Lexus name firmwares sequentially) there is a newer firmware than listed in this thread. I have no comparison to go on as I just got the car so I cannot tell you if anything has been changed/fixed.

Is my logic sound?!

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 0:42 PM, bluenose1940 said:

Hi again folks,

Sent you a pm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm picking up my 2014 Premium IS250 on Saturday.  It has the optional SatNav and I was wondering about the update.  I work in the Broadcast electronics industry and spend most of my day upgrading units so I was keen to get the latest firmware.

Is there any chance you can help with a link?  Is this the right version for my car?

Ooops, Can't see how to edit my reply.  My car's a 2014 IS250 Luxury with the optional Sat Nav.  I believe this is the 'Standard' sat nav.  Does this use the same firmware?

23 hours ago, jimmyrand said:

I can edit this reply but yesterdays only has Quote as an option.  Maybe it's because I'm new?  

Edited by jimmyrand

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2017 at 9:49 PM, jimmyrand said:

I've emailed the following to Lexus enquires:  

There is much talk on various forums regarding the Firmware updates.  People are comparing versions, some have downloaded updates via www.lexus-tech.eu.  Others have taken their car to their local Lexus Service centre to be upgraded only to be told they already have the latest version which when checked is older than some other cars that haven't been updated.  Dealers appear to be clueless.

My car currently has version VD12103A.  It appears the latest version is now VD12104A or maybe there is a newer version out now?

In the USA it's a simple process to upgrade the firmware (as some in the UK have discovered with www.lexus-tech.eu).   For some reason Lexus in the EU / UK have made this difficult.  It also appears that www.lexus-tech.eu have removed the link and this is a chargeable service from them anyway.

I work in the electronics industry so used to upgrading Firmware and basecode on Broadcast equipment.  Is it possible for you to send me the latest Firmware so I can update this myself?  Maybe you could consider making this easier for customers so we have a similar experience to our American friends?

The Firmware is uploaded from a USB stick, I understand there are two files ( HASHLIST.DAT and LOADING.KWI).  A history change log would also be useful.

Please can you send me the latest Firmware or a provide a download Link.

I'll keep you updated....

• Like 3

My reply from Lexus, basically sorry dealer only...

Dear Mr ********,

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus IS250.

I have read your email and it appears you want to update your firmware for your multimedia system.

Unfortunately at the Lexus Head Office, we do not provide firmware or website links to download the firmware for your vehicle.

We used to provide map updates on our previous website until Lexus decided to revamp their website, the new revamp of the website has removed the e-Store which was included in the previous website as there was constant complications with our website.

If you are interested in updating your multimedia system's firmware, you would have to visit your local Lexus dealership as all the updates are done at the dealerships.

I hope this helps.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kindest regards,

Moses

Moses Matovu
Lexus Customer Services

i thought lexus customer services where a dedicated team for lexus owners but obviously not

as i have dealt with moses for a query with our toyota a short while ago,

30 minutes ago, 200h said:

i thought lexus customer services where a dedicated team for lexus owners but obviously not

as i have dealt with moses for a query with our toyota a short while ago,

Nope where did you hear that?  

12 hours ago, 200h said:

as i said "I Thought" maybe i shouldn't think anymore  :-)

Not your fault to assume but usually all the online services are Toyota and Lexus. For example, the eBay shops for Lexus and Toyota are run by the same people as are the online customer services

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've recently bought 2013 is300h Luxury with premium navigation. Car is brilliant and I'm very happy with it but menu/navigation is very slow and unresponsive. Now I've noticed that some of you experienced improvement after software update, but only way to update has been blocked (www.lexus-tech.eu). Does anybody have a copy of this software and can share? Many many thanks

Ok. Thanks. I thought that it's not going as it should because earlier someone mentioned that it's taking few minutes. There was a progress bar when the files where copying but then it stoped. 

It's over 1 hour now. I just hope that it will update successfully. 

1502473095549547046948.jpg

After 2 hours I had to stop it. I've unplugged USB and hit Back few times. Switched off the car and back on. 
I've tried with different USB and the same result. Progress bar goes to 99% and stops there..

The system is working - nothing happend phew! But I'm still without the udate :wallbash:. Please help. Maybe there is something wrong with the files?

Currently I'm on software VC03100L which is probably very old.. 

Another attempt with 3rd USB stick formated to FAT32 with update files only and sane story. After 2h I had to cancel update. 

Is there any one else willing to share update files for IS300h with premium nav? Guys please help. 

45 minutes ago, winrris said:

Another attempt with 3rd USB stick formated to FAT32 with update files only and sane story. After 2h I had to cancel update. 

Is there any one else willing to share update files for IS300h with premium nav? Guys please help. 

I updated my maps and the latest firmware was included on the SD card.  I got a really good deal I think I paid around £65 on eBay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyrand said:

I updated my maps and the latest firmware was included on the SD card.  I got a really good deal I think I paid around £65 on ebay.

Interesting Jimmy. What version are you currently running, regular or premium nav? When did you get your update? 

The two files used for update appear to be called HASHLIST.DAT and LOADING.KWI. Anyone willing to share these files from their new maps card, so we can have the latest firmware, that was once free, but now chargeable?

Not endorsing copying of maps, just want the latest firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh. What a pain in the proverbial! So glad I found this thread as this has been doing my head in most of this evening.

Been on so many portals and entered VIN in so many places all to get nothing. I read first page of this and thought 'OH that portal!' Then spent an hour boggling to why it wouldnt find the tech bulletin for the software!

Why on earth have they made such a simple thing so complex to get hold off and made dealer mandatory to do? My lexus dealer is in the arse end of Cambridge and Im rarely down that way at all.

Was only in a few weeks ago getting its first service and they certainly didnt upgrade it then.

Please if anyone has any files they could share, would make my life a lot easier!