Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

21 minutes ago, Nieros said:

Why on earth have they made such a simple thing so complex to get hold off and made dealer mandatory to do? My lexus dealer is in the arse end of Cambridge and Im rarely down that way at all.

Was only in a few weeks ago getting its first service and they certainly didnt upgrade it then.

Please if anyone has any files they could share, would make my life a lot easier!

I've tried few times to upgrade the software with no luck. Not to mention that something can go wrong and you can 'brick' your ECU. 

The easiest way is to purchase SD card with latest maps (eBay around £60) to update not only the software but maps etc.

• 5 months later...
On 14/05/2016 at 10:31 AM, pobrown said:

I did it myself but it isn't available on the portal.  You need to get the files from https://www.lexus-tech.eu

Do a search for ECU Software updates (even though this isn't for the ECU) and enter your VIN number.  It will ask for the technical services bulletin number which is BE-0081L-1113

i tried this but i never got asked for a bulletin number and never gave me the option to get it, could you explain in further detail please? I'd appreciate it

I am pretty certain that this is not something that you can do yourself anymore.  I did mine on my IS quite some time ago but as I say, you can't anymore, I'm quite sure that I have read somewhere that it's a dealer only jobby.

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

I am pretty certain that this is not something that you can do yourself anymore.  I did mine on my IS quite some time ago but as I say, you can't anymore, I'm quite sure that I have read somewhere that it's a dealer only jobby.

I pulled that file from Lexus Tech last night..

4 minutes ago, Andrew888 said:

I pulled that file from Lexus Tech last night..

That isn't the latest firmware though - not sure you can access the latest one in the same way and Lexus haven't published it on the owners portal either so the only way to get it is via a dealer - or possibly paid subscriptions to Lexus Tech.

... Sorry, should add that these updates presented themselves to me when I typed in my VIN. Would it be too much of a leap to say that I wouldn't have been offered them unless they were applicable to my actual car?

Or, to put it another way:

Has anyone, ever, upgraded their infotainment system software on an IS300H - with non-premium software - themselves?

I'd really love to do this but fear of turning my infotainment system - or even the car - into a brick is holding me back :sad:

On 15/02/2018 at 12:20 PM, route66 said:

Or, to put it another way:

Has anyone, ever, upgraded their infotainment system software on an IS300H - with non-premium software - themselves?

I'd really love to do this but fear of turning my infotainment system - or even the car - into a brick is holding me back :sad:

I took the plunge and bought the satnav update for my executive non premium nav  64 plate IS300h from eBay seller sergvia this week. They email you a link and you download it, stick it on a correctly formatted usb drive and update your car yourself using the activation code they send you. Worked first time and has changed my firmware from vc18100a to vc18101b. No issues whatsoever and was £89 all in which is less than half what Lexus quoted me. Latest maps too so result in my opinion 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

I am currently on version VD12102C which was working ok until Samsung updated the S8 a week or so ago and moved to Bluetooth 5 at which point my Premium Nav is no longer picking up any metadata from the phone (song title, number, album name etc). Looking on the Lexus EU portal, the latest available firmware update is VD12104B. 

Is anyone here on the latest version or on any version later than mine and is not experiencing the above problem with an S8 Oreo update? Bit of a longshot I guess. 

Side note, any ideas where I can get release notes for the versions released since mine?

I have the latest map updates, purchased from eBay but there was no firmware update included.

I have downloaded VD12103A kindly uploaded by Andrew888, any feedback on how this update in terms of usability?

7 hours ago, wakhtar said:

Hi Guys, 

I am currently on version VD12102C which was working ok until Samsung updated the S8 a week or so ago and moved to Bluetooth 5 at which point my Premium Nav is no longer picking up any metadata from the phone (song title, number, album name etc). Looking on the Lexus EU portal, the latest available firmware update is VD12104B. 

Is anyone here on the latest version or on any version later than mine and is not experiencing the above problem with an S8 Oreo update? Bit of a longshot I guess. 

Side note, any ideas where I can get release notes for the versions released since mine?

I have the latest map updates, purchased from eBay but there was no firmware update included.

I have downloaded VD12103A kindly uploaded by Andrew888, any feedback on how this update in terms of usability?

Try and unpair device and wipe all contacts out (as if you were selling the car and wanted to restore to factory settings). Re pair the phone.

I'm running Oreo, albeit not on a Samsung device. It is a  Bluetooth 5 device and causes me no issue.

Isn't Bluetooth versions based on hardware, not software? There's backwards compatibility but that's not the same thing. Thus, Samsung couldn't just update it to Bluetooth 5 using a software update. I may be wrong.

7 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

Latest Premium Nav update is to buy (on ebay) a map update and in turn in will update it to the latest firmware. I think the nav update costed around 60 quid.

Thanks, I purchased the latest available map update in Jan but it did not update the firmware, it just installed new maps. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to update firmware?

Just checked the micro sd card and can see a folder that contains 2 files with the same name as the files I downloaded from the link above, so the next question is, how do I install the firmware.

4 hours ago, matt8 said:

Try and unpair device and wipe all contacts out (as if you were selling the car and wanted to restore to factory settings). Re pair the phone.

I'm running Oreo, albeit not on a Samsung device. It is a  Bluetooth 5 device and causes me no issue.

Isn't Bluetooth versions based on hardware, not software? There's backwards compatibility but that's not the same thing. Thus, Samsung couldn't just update it to Bluetooth 5 using a software update. I may be wrong.

Thanks for the reply Matt, I believe you are right in that its based on hardware, I suspect the update from Samsung to Oreo is that the backwards compatibility is buggy. Interesting to note that the lack of metadata was specific to Google Play Music, I tried Spotify and it did send some metadata over to the car albeit missing track info and playlists. I will try as you suggested and post back . thanks again.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2018 at 11:20 PM, wakhtar said:

Thanks, I purchased the latest available map update in Jan but it did not update the firmware, it just installed new maps. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to update firmware?

Just checked the micro sd card and can see a folder that contains 2 files with the same name as the files I downloaded from the link above, so the next question is, how do I install the firmware.

That's strange first thing when  I put the new microsd card in it initialised the firmware update.. 

5 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

That's strange first thing when  I put the new microsd card in it initialised the firmware update.. 

Hi Andrew, I re-inserted the old card and put the new one back in and it did the firmware update this time, unfortunately the problem with metadata remains, I am on VD12104B now. I have been searching on the web and it seems to be a common problem with Android Oreo, affects people randomly though so not sure if there is anything else I can do.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Capt.Insano said:

Could anyone post the latest firmware (VD12104B??)?

@wakhtar could you possibly post an image of the SD Card to see if I could update my system? I am having probs with my oneplus 3 since updating to Oreo.

Thanks all!

I can upload it this evening and share a link

you want an image of the micro sd card itself?

Just to update,  I found the issue to be with Android 8.0 and certain apps, Spotify sends over more metadata than Google Play Music. Apparently the issue is fixed in 8.1. 

5 minutes ago, wakhtar said:

I can upload it this evening and share a link

you want an image of the micro sd card itself?

Just to update,  I found the issue to be with Android 8.0 and certain apps, Spotify sends over more metadata than Google Play Music. Apparently the issue is fixed in 8.1. 

Thanks a million,

An image would be great as it would be a 1:1 copy of all the SD card data and formatting. Insert the SD into your PC and use something like win32diskimager to "read" the SD to make an image file of it.

It will probably be a large file so may need sharing through mega or other filesharing site.

Just now, Capt.Insano said:

Thanks a million,

An image would be great as it would be a 1:1 copy of all the SD card data and formatting. Insert the SD into your PC and use something like win32diskimager to "read" the SD to make an image file of it.

It will probably be a large file so may need sharing through mega or other filesharing site.

Apparently the cards are registered to the head unit after first use so cant be used in a different system, but sure I can try and create an image of it for you.  I think its around 11GB.

46 minutes ago, wakhtar said:

Apparently the cards are registered to the head unit after first use so cant be used in a different system, but sure I can try and create an image of it for you.  I think its around 11GB.

I believe this is the case yep, so nobody else will be able to use your card!

I'd be grateful for an image though, for the sole purpose of updating mine as well.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, matt8 said:

I believe this is the case yep, so nobody else will be able to use your card!

I'd be grateful for an image though, for the sole purpose of updating mine as well.

Thanks!

Sure thing, will create the image now and upload this evening

• Thanks 1