Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

• 4 weeks later...

Did the update tonight folks.

Struggled at first. The memory sticks I was using were not being detected by my vehicle.

I eventually got it to work.

Firstly: My 32GB USB 3.0 key did not work (Samsung)

Secondly: My 8GB USB 2.0 key did not work (SanDisk)

Finally (succeeded): My freebie, 10 year old, no name 4GB USB 2.0 key worked fine.

I think it's important for the key to be 4GB or less.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that the firmware has removed a feature. So far, I can't see anything new or any benefit, and some glitches I had hope were fixed are not (the volume up / down causing tracks to restart, etc.)

When playing music via phone, I used to be able to browse playlists using the mouse (select another playlist, see a list of songs).

That browse button is now missing from the interface.

I'm using an Android device with Google Play Music.

Disappointed.

Can we roll back firmware?

I was running Android 8.0 and 8.1 without trouble and had the browse button working just fine.

I'm now on Android 9.0 as of a few days ago.

Perhaps that's the culprit rather than the firmware.

I'm using a Pixel 2.

Delete the app data for google play music and then try playing something, should be listed under Apps > Google Play Music > Storage.

The specific setting that causes the issue can be found under developer options > Bluetooth AVRCP Version >

AVRCP 1.3 is fully supported by Lexus, 1.4 onwards causes problems. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I can't find firmware version VD12104B on www.lexus-tech.eu

Latest firmware version there is VD12103A. Do you know how can I download the latest version? Should a use a different bulletin number?

Thanks,

Bruno

2 hours ago, BrunoLeal said:

Hi all,

I can't find firmware version VD12104B on www.lexus-tech.eu

Latest firmware version there is VD12103A. Do you know how can I download the latest version? Should a use a different bulletin number?

Thanks,

Bruno

No it isn't available that way. Someone has extracted the files and shared them on the previous page of this thread.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, winrris said:

Ok. Thanks. I thought that it's not going as it should because earlier someone mentioned that it's taking few minutes. There was a progress bar when the files where copying but then it stoped. 

It's over 1 hour now. I just hope that it will update successfully. 

1502473095549547046948.jpg

Hi. Did you manage to resolve this? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

47 minutes ago, wakhtar said:

Hi, Did you try changing AVRCP to version 1.3  via developer options on your phone?

You suggested this a few posts up, and I said I'd report back, but I can't see that I did (I though I did).

I changed to 1.3 and there was no difference sadly.

A real shame...

On 9/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, matt8 said:

You suggested this a few posts up, and I said I'd report back, but I can't see that I did (I though I did).

I changed to 1.3 and there was no difference sadly.

A real shame...

indeed, a friend of mine who has a pixel 2, tried the same and the playlists were displaying ok, interesting. 

25 minutes ago, wakhtar said:

indeed, a friend of mine who has a pixel 2, tried the same and the playlists were displaying ok, interesting. 

I'll try again!

Did your friend do anything else other than tweak the version number?

4 minutes ago, matt8 said:

I'll try again!

Did your friend do anything else other than tweak the version number?

It was the first time he had used google play music so maybe delete the data from storage (Apps > Google Play Music > Storage) and then try again.

Maybe try spotify and see if thats different,.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I updated my CT200h with Premium Navigation Gen 1 to VD12104B. The update installed without errors. This seems to be an option for firmware when you look at the Bluetooth compatibility on the Lexus website.

This may of been a mistake and probably should of gone to VD12103A after finding service documents on the portal.......

I ordered a Nav Update SD card to update too  PZ445 US335 0R and this fails to load the update I'm fairly sure it fails on the firmware update part as I have extracted the firmware and tried to update it without the Nav data and it fails in the same way, asks me to contact service .

Has anyone had any issues like this ? 

Is it possible to downgrade firmware  ?

Thanks

IMG_5199 (1).jpg

23 hours ago, jrumball said:

I updated my CT200h with Premium Navigation Gen 1 to VD12104B. The update installed without errors. This seems to be an option for firmware when you look at the bluetooth compatibility on the Lexus website.

This may of been a mistake and probably should of gone to VD12103A after finding service documents on the portal.......

I ordered a Nav Update SD card to update too  PZ445 US335 0R and this fails to load the update I'm fairly sure it fails on the firmware update part as I have extracted the firmware and tried to update it without the Nav data and it fails in the same way, asks me to contact service .

Has anyone had any issues like this ? 

Is it possible to downgrade firmware  ?

Thanks

IMG_5199 (1).jpg

So I can Partially answer my own questions seems like the SD Card may of been corrupt, the seller sent me a new one that worked and updated correctly .

My software version is now VD12105C, I haven't noticed any changes.... 

IMG_5203.jpg

• 7 months later...