Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

I've upgraded the firmware on my Premium Nav unit this week:

Old version: VD12102F

New version: VD12103A

According to the release documents, it is mostly bug-fixes but the main one for me was it fixes an issue with the split-screen nav mode where the turn-by-turn icons are displayed empty.

VD12103A.jpg

• Like 2

I did it myself but it isn't available on the portal.  You need to get the files from https://www.lexus-tech.eu

Do a search for ECU Software updates (even though this isn't for the ECU) and enter your VIN number.  It will ask for the technical services bulletin number which is BE-0081L-1113

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pobrown said:

I did it myself but it isn't available on the portal.  You need to get the files from https://www.lexus-tech.eu

Do a search for ECU Software updates (even though this isn't for the ECU) and enter your VIN number.  It will ask for the technical services bulletin number which is BE-0081L-1113

How do you update it again, just download it to a USB and then?...........

Also does the USB have to empty of other content?

Blank USB. 

Unzip download - copy the files HASHLIST.DAT and LOADING.KWI to USB (don't create any folders - USB should only have these two files on)

Enter service mode (hold Menu and switch lights on/off 3 times)

Select Service Information

Select Program Update

Insert USB and the OK button should light up.

Please be careful in the service mode - don't play around with things  unless you are sure with what they do  

• Like 3

Thanks for this I am tempted myself for a little update, but my VIN shows 2 files

VC03101G    Multimedia    Update of version F    BE-0081L-1113    
VD12103A    Multimedia    Replacement for all previous EMVN software    BE-0081L-1113

Will try and see what is what?

I updated mine today too. Also was shown both the old and new versions same as Blistering Blue. 

Couple of tips for others, USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32. You need to register with the Lexus EU service portal,  but the download is free. Can't see any differences so far, seems faster to navigate yet again. Care to share the change document? 

I'm a bit of a technodumbo and this all looks horribly complicated and fraught with mistake possibilities.  Is it not the sort of thing that Lexus do (for free) as a matter of course during a service or perhaps by specific appointment?

50 minutes ago, BigChange said:

I'm a bit of a technodumbo and this all looks horribly complicated and fraught with mistake possibilities.  Is it not the sort of thing that Lexus do (for free) as a matter of course during a service or perhaps by specific appointment?

I wish they did, but, in my experience, they don't.

1 hour ago, BigChange said:

They will if you say your system has been hanging/crashing as they will perform the upgrade under warranty. Once your warranty is expired they may charge you labour for performing the upgrade.

I upgraded to the latest version last weekend and its been all pretty good so far.

The display of junctions on the F-Sport colour display is better, they seem clearer and the distance counts down now, they also seem more consistent in appearing, but then how would I know !?! Motorway junctions still don't appear, not sure if they are meant to.  The distance countdown is also out of sync between the main display and the instrument one - it lags behind.

Main improvement is another increase in speed of response and general snappiness, it keeps getting better, with less noticeable pauses. Routing is still a bit hit and miss, it definitely prefers motorway/main roads and road where there are no traffic info for, it assumes must be quicker.  For those who haven't upgraded yet, I'd say no reason not to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I too upgraded the firmware to VD12103A for my premium sat nav on IS300h SE. This as resolved a long standing problem and that is the favourites in my telephone address book now stay their, previously I lost them as soon as I turned off ignition which was very annoying.

58 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Ah simple enough. Ill give it a go - hopefully wont screw anything up

Hi Rayaan, is it likely that you will post your findings when you have done the update please.  I am toying with the idea of doing mine very soon and it will be interesting to see how easy or tricky the job might be.  Many thanks.

59 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Rayaan, is it likely that you will post your findings when you have done the update please.  I am toying with the idea of doing mine very soon and it will be interesting to see how easy or tricky the job might be.  Many thanks.

Yep I can do - Ive just realised that I dont have any USB sticks! Oh my days how the "cloud" has changed us!!

Ive ordered one, should come in a few days and ill have a go to see what happens.