Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Firmware - May 2016

• 2 years later...

Seems the updates are not free.

I have noticed a small minor issue... when streaming from Bluetooth, if i skip the tracks to quickly the song playing on the display doesn't match the actual song.  Its annoying at time.  Workaround is to skip to next song, then wait a few secs then skip.

I wouldnt mind paying for Lexus-Tech access but i cannot even view the bulletins without paying so bit of a catch-22.

If anyone can confirm they have had similar issues with the audio and if the update fixed it?

• 1 month later...

I tried to login to lexus-tech and I could not find the dropdown view of all the versions so I search through all the bulletins related to software. Using the VIN of my 2015 GS 300h.

All I did so far in my car is install the update from Lexus customer portal (version VD12100D) and ordered and installed the latest SD card from (https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/).

The card arrived from Japan with maps for 2021 (it did some software update but not sure which part).

Here are the version I tried to find:

Zip name - ECU Type - Description - Bulletin ID - Bulletin date - File creation date (inside zip)

VD12103A - Multimedia -  Replacement for all previous EMVN software - BE-0081L-1113 - 29/04/2016 - File: 30/11/2015

VC83102E - Body Electrical - Cover sub-assy, navigation computer - BE-0001L-0117 - 12/01/2017 - File: 26/10/2016

VD12104B - ?? - From this thread- File 25/04/2017

VC83106B - Multimedia?? - The software of the multimedia-unit has been changed to version VC83106B - BE-00342L-TME - 27/05/2020 - File: 14/04/2020

I will try to install these updates and clarify all my current version number and update to understand what is actually the latest version for different "ECU Type"

I will report back

My current version displayed is VD12106A for Navigation, I guess that is the most recent that came with my new SD card. Map version: 02-42-03 (2021-12-3)

My previous version for Navigation was VD12103B (I guess that was the one from the customer website)

My model ID is 13LWENEU-BB01 and It seems I am not able to install any of the file that I downloaded from Lexus-Tech (because all file name starts with 15LWENEU-BB01 and my model is 13LWENEU-BB01 apparently, but I put my VIN there so it should be compatible...)

Sorry for the triple post.

I check into files of the new SD card and there were two folders that looks like NAV program upgrade so I extracted them and tried to "install" them from USB via the debug menu (holding MENU + 3 times switch headlights).

First folder HC03, version works and shown as VD12106A (files last modified: 2019-05-20). This is the version that was installed in my car when I first inserted the new SD card so I could not press the update installation button.

Here is the link to download that version, it should be compatible on top of the previously shared one: VD12106A (2019-05-20).zip . (I downloaded the one from this thread and the version was shown properly, I could not install because I had newer already).

The other folder HC83, USB is detected, copying of files completes but then gives me a blank screen. The files are newer (last modified: 28-01-2021) maybe this is for MM15? My system is MM13 as I mentioned above.

I also upload the HC83 one but the version is unknown, all I know is that it was in folder HC83 and have been updated in 2021, someone with MM15 could try to see what version number is displayed but I get a blank screen.

Then regarding the other zip files I downloaded from the Lexus-Tech, they are not detected either via norma software update or via the debug menu.

Also filename is different than the one for nav system:

Bulletin files: 15LWENEU-BBXX_XXXX.KWI (I assume the one starting with 13 would work on my car? but they are not proposed to me in Lexus-Tech) Conclusion: These are not for the navigation/multimedia software?

Nav software update files: HASHLIST.DAT + LOADING.KWI (Assumed Multimedia/Navigation software (?))

16 hours ago, Bilbao said:

I tried to login to lexus-tech and I could not find the dropdown view of all the versions so I search through all the bulletins related to software. Using the VIN of my 2015 GS 300h.

All I did so far in my car is install the update from Lexus customer portal (version VD12100D) and ordered and installed the latest SD card from (https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/).

The card arrived from Japan with maps for 2021 (it did some software update but not sure which part).

Here are the version I tried to find:

Zip name - ECU Type - Description - Bulletin ID - Bulletin date - File creation date (inside zip)

VD12103A - Multimedia -  Replacement for all previous EMVN software - BE-0081L-1113 - 29/04/2016 - File: 30/11/2015

VC83102E - Body Electrical - Cover sub-assy, navigation computer - BE-0001L-0117 - 12/01/2017 - File: 26/10/2016

VD12104B - ?? - From this thread- File 25/04/2017

VC83106B - Multimedia?? - The software of the multimedia-unit has been changed to version VC83106B - BE-00342L-TME - 27/05/2020 - File: 14/04/2020

I will try to install these updates and clarify all my current version number and update to understand what is actually the latest version for different "ECU Type"

I will report back

The SatNav update is independent of the system update.
Putting in the MicroSD card only updates the map and software relating to navigation.

The system software update would fix a bunch of bugs (and probably add some new ones) relating to the whole media entertainment system.

• 1 year later...

I have been battling for over a day now, to find how to update my Premium Nav in a 2013 F-Sport IS300H and the Lexus Tech Website is telling me that my VIN is invalid. (Copied straight from My Lexus Portal and double checked from a photo on my phone)  I know it is correct, it works on VIN verification sites.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Was given a download from the portal to download but no matter how I wrap it up, unwrap it, folder it, don't folder it, IT STILL ISN'T RECOGNISED!!

Never had so much trouble updating anything in my life.

I set up and run my own websites and webserver, surely I can update a frikkin media system.  Can't I?

On 10/2/2023 at 5:29 PM, Kiefels said:

I have been battling for over a day now, to find how to update my Premium Nav in a 2013 F-Sport IS300H and the Lexus Tech Website is telling me that my VIN is invalid. (Copied straight from My Lexus Portal and double checked from a photo on my phone)  I know it is correct, it works on VIN verification sites.

Was given a download from the portal to download but no matter how I wrap it up, unwrap it, folder it, don't folder it, IT STILL ISN'T RECOGNISED!!

I set up and run my own websites and webserver, surely I can update a frikkin media system.  Can't I?

When you say folder isn't recognised I assume when you plug the USB into the car?  Just remember usb needs to be FAT32 format, not NTFS.

As for vin number not being recognised, that is strange.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, Kiefels said:

I'm also having issues, but it already starts with finding the right firmware. It seems on Lexus-Tech.eu you can no longer download firmware updates for the Premium Nav unit (13MM which is in our 2013 IS 300h).

Therefore the question would be: does anyone have the latest firmware for the 13MM system or know some trick to get it from Lexus Tech or elsewhere?

These are the options the Lexus-Tech.eu website presents when searching for new software updates - the 13MM system is missing from this overview.

image.thumb.png.fe931abfc0cbea2d71a30906df78328f.png

But when you have the mouse thingy in an IS from 2013, you have the 13MM system. The 13CY system is the one with the rotary controller I believe. (Also, when you click More Info for 13CY, it shows the latest software version and that software version does not show up as a software version for the Premium Nav system )

According to the Bluetooth information on Lexus-Tech.eu, the latest firmware is for the Premium Navigation (13MM) system is: VD12104B.

image.thumb.png.6ebd179ffed84f4ec185344c9db20ea7.png

3 hours ago, R88_NL said:

Therefore the question would be: does anyone have the latest firmware for the 13MM system or know some trick to get it from Lexus Tech or elsewhere?

Never mind, the Google Drive link shared earlier in this topic did work after all! Going to give that ZIP file a try.