Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior lighting Lexus is220d 57'

Kch

Hello 

I'm currently looking for an LED  kit for the interior, the wing mirrors and licence plate lights on my Lexus IS 220 

has as anyone found a reliable place I can purchase these from? 

I ordered a set off of eBay and they turned out to be dud... So I don't want to risk that again 

kind regards 

kch 

1 hour ago, Kch said:

Hello 

I'm currently looking for an LED  kit for the interior, the wing mirrors and licence plate lights on my Lexus IS 220 

has as anyone found a reliable place I can purchase these from? 

I ordered a set off of eBay and they turned out to be dud... So I don't want to risk that again 

kind regards 

kch 

Kieran, I saw on YouTube that some LED's can be polarity sensitive which can make it look as though they are duff, that's if they can be inserted 180 degrees.

Thats quite right. Pretty much all of the festoon type in the interior are polarity sensitive.

So ... one way they are dead ... take it out, turn thru 180° and bingo it works!!

Thanks for the replies 

I've found a set on amazon of all places will try those and I've also ordered a set from the states so all the bases are covered from the suggested link above (thanks for that) :) 

as to the polarity I also watched a video on the subject and I've tried the current set all ways I can,

only 4 of the bulbs work so I      believe it's just a dud set 

Be careful of the tail fitting type on the LED's you look at. I found this type works fine

3W lED 5050 12V power wedge type light bulbs for car using for gardon decorating

But this type (below) from my son's Audi kit were useless and did not work

10X T10 W5W 501 194 168 Canbus No Error 8 SMD LED Side Light Bulb White DC12V

I got all mine from the Far East via eBay ... maybe 3 yrs ago and they are all still fine. No Duds at all.They are now much cheaper than they used to be. 

The wing mirror(puddle lights) are a little fiddly first time around. But once you have the knack they are a doddle. Do not get anything longer than 23mm as they won't fit. You will need the ones like in the top picture. Take a good watch of the Precision video as it shows very clearly how to dismantle the mirror casing. Whilst in there clean out the interior and the drive gears and give a teeny squirt of WD40 , Ducks Back or similar.

Have not done those. You need some additional resistors I believe. Only exteriors I have done is Puddle lights, Reversing lights and Sidelights.

You'll need metal bodied type for the sidelights. The heat generated by the headlight within the enclosure can melt the plastic bodied type.

Load resistors? Can't one modify the flasher relay unit? Where is it located...

On an old car, I upgraded to LED bulbs and modified a capacitor on the flasher relay. Very easy job ( took a minute to plug out the relay, 5 to solder a new cap).

Looks much better, this is usually one of my first mods when I purchase a car but haven't even looked at it on my IS yet, that's another job to add to the list hehe!

Looks great,  have you got a Link to where you bought them? 

my sets haven't shown up yet but more options the merrier

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links