Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to buy an IS-F

Walk out my front door (in Burton) and stumble upon your car Tom! Mine in dark blue looks pretty bad being all dirty near yours, which is clean and shiny! And my private plate isn't quite so model specific...

3 hours ago, Slee1643 said:

Walk out my front door (in Burton) and stumble upon your car Tom! Mine in dark blue looks pretty bad being all dirty near yours, which is clean and shiny! And my private plate isn't quite so model specific...

This afternoon? I was around a workmates house in Burton for a BBQ.....small world.

On another note I popped in Tesco today and when I got back to the car this bloke had parked up behind me and was keen to ask me loads of questions about the car as he is looking to buy one (it's between the IS-F,  M5 & C63 for him), he had saw me pull into the car park and must have been waiting a good 15mins while I was in the store as it's rare to see an IS-F on the road.

Took him for a quick spin so hopefully I've convinced another would be owner, seemed like a nice bloke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at a isf as I have a is 200 and a jaguar xjr and want too sell both and and get one car and and the isf seems too be the perfect choice and looking at the comments the better one is 2011 and on 

Hi Tony,

The IS-F is a great car for sure. Fast, reliable, rare, and fun to drive. :cool:

Early cars can be improved relatively easily to address a number of the issues Lexus themselves rectified on later cars.

Prices vary depending on age, mileage, etc, but important to find a car with a complete service history. You often find prior owners ignored the correct servicing schedule, and worked on the basis of every 10K miles (even if that took longer than the year recommended). If the car is a 2009, you should in theory have at least 7 if not 8 stamps in the book.

Lexus can normally help with any gaps in the service history if you give them the VIN number. Fortunately most of the dealerships back everything up on the computer as well as the service book.

If your budget doesn't stretch to a 2011 or newer version, don't give up. Good 2008 cars can be had for high teens/low 20's, and with improved suspension (you can also retrofit the later stuff as others have done), and a mechanical LSD, you would be hard pushed to notice the difference.

Best of luck with your search, and let us know if you need any help with anything. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

3 hours ago, clifton 94 said:

Been looking at a isf as I have a is 200 and a jaguar xjr and want too sell both and and get one car and and the isf seems too be the perfect choice and looking at the comments the better one is 2011 and on 

What era XJR do you own? I used to have an X308, cracking car with a peach of an engine. 

31 minutes ago, clifton 94 said:

Hi I have a 07 x350 portfolio fantastic car but then so is my is200 probably the Lexus IS one of the best car I have had 

The portfolios look spot on. Should sell fairly easily as well, they seem to have held their values well. Best of luck with the search for an ISF. Get a test drive and you won't be disappointed.