Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI,

Im looking to potentially swap from an 59 plate IS250 to a 12 plate GS250 Luxury. Basically id like more cabin space, and the extra toys on the luxury (sat nav, Bluetooth etc.) are quite appealing. Just wondering how th GS 250 feels in the real world - same engine but bigger car, how is the performance, MPG etc? - on paper its not much different to the IS in these regards. How much more room is there inside compared to the last IS?Also anything specific i should look out for? Its an approved used from a Lexus dealer.

cheers

Hi James,

Have never owned the IS but bought the GS250 F Sport a couple of months ago. So far I love it, not sure about the Luxury but the engine note on the F is wonderful which leads to a lot of heavy right foot driving. Despite this I am averaging 27 - 28 miles to the gallon and most of my commute is stop start Town driving, I am quite happy with that, my previous car a 2.0 Mondeo Titanium X Sport only achieved around 24 - 25.

The performance under normal driving is acceptable, certainly not as quick as my Mondeo but I don't do traffic light Grand Prix's anymore so not a concern, there is plenty of power to have some fun though and the cornering for a big car is great. The GS is a big brute but when you actually drive it, it sort of wraps around you and is very comfortable. The Sat Nav is excellent and I soon got used to the "Mouse" control, Bluetooth and phone connection is a doddle and very easy to use on the move. Like a lot of the reviews say, the road noise is a bit louder than I would like, certainly not as quiet as the Ford was.

Overall am very happy with the car.

Road noise is due to the tyres - its got beefy 265's at the rear and it does depend on the tyre ratings too. They usually stick the cheapest tyres they can get on the Used models so most likely, if you change the tyres you'll have less road noise

With the luxury you won't get the tyre roar and the engine note wont be as loud. The F-Sport has a different intake leading to the sound you get in those models.

• Like 1

James its a great car and you'll enjoy the extra space - there's loads of it. A full Lexus service history is a must and push them for a 2 year warrenty.

Thanks for the advice guys, the 3 cars I was looking at have all disappeared from Autotrader\Lexus\dealer websites over the weekend. Should of moved quicker....

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

They don't normally sell that well. Maybe they are just moving them around between dealers.

True, but they never came back to me on the bid i placed for my first choice car - got an automation confirmation of reciept from Lexus and the dealer, followed up with an email asking for the best number to contact me on (which I replied to) - but no further contact and the car disappeared from the web...will keep an eye out.

We've had ours since they first came out, July 2012. Been superb, as quick as an IS250, as economical too. Rarity makes it the one that everyone in the office car park admires....Personally I would go for the FSport, AVS (adaptive suspension) is a must I think as it is a bit wallowy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links