Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"General corrosion"? MOT words.

What would "general corrosion" cover when put as Advisory on an MOT cert? Should I worry?

I guess the answer is to actually get under the car (a prospective purchase) and look about. (Or miss it)

Also has Front and rear discs pitted or corroded.

Do we think both a result of our salted-in-winter roads?

Car in South Wales......RX 300.

I checked the MOT histories on quite a few RX300s when I was looking for one and advisories on pitted / corroded discs came up fairly regularly. I don't recall seeing 'general corrosion' mentioned so I suspect you dodged a bullet on that one! Perhaps it was a seaside car or spent much of its life parked on grass rather than a paved drive or road? It's so useful being able to access MOT histories on cars, I remember seeing something about 'sharp edges on bodywork from accident damage' so I didn't take that one any further. Oil leak advisories were another red flag for me as I know they can be expensive to put right.

Best of luck with the search fella!

• Like 1

I was driving a Harrier a bit in NZ over New Year, so, when I'd got past looking at the X Trails, I thought "Why not look at RXs?"

Even though I don't really 'need' a big fat thing!

I didn't want to get yet another LS 400 - I should have kept my Ser 4? And, strange liking for look of Saabs aside, nothing much else appeals.

(Well, apart from Citroen XMs or even....CX Auto...it's the suspension -can drive safely on 3 wheels!!!...but I'm not after a 'hobby' car anymore)

I wouldn't normally look at 25mpg cars -nearly got an original  Smart Forfour! - but, with lpg it makes (more) sense, and we already have a Micra for general use, so....no hurry.

I test drove an RX for 'Independent' in 03! (Thought it underpowered! More interested in comfort these days)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links