Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS220d fault codes

ade555

Hi

My first post on here so I hope I'm posting in the right section, I'm trying to help my friend who own IS220d from 2007, a little history about the car, early this year car blow out header tank and he was informed this happened because of blocked egr cooler, after fitting new egr cooler car was running a bit slugish and not pulling very well, also feels like sometimes wants to cut out, I advice him I will try to help him as I'm very handy with spanners but need to get this car scan, taken to lexus for fault diagnostic shows 4 codes

1 - P1251 turbo over boost

2 - P1271 fuel regulator circuit malfunction

3 - P1272 Fuel pressure regulator malfunction 

2 - P1386 Injector for exhaust fuel addition

anyone can help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, ade555 said:

Hi

My first post on here so I hope I'm posting in the right section, I'm trying to help my friend who own IS220d from 2007, a little history about the car, early this year car blow out header tank and he was informed this happened because of blocked egr cooler, after fitting new egr cooler car was running a bit slugish and not pulling very well, also feels like sometimes wants to cut out, I advice him I will try to help him as I'm very handy with spanners but need to get this car scan, taken to lexus for fault diagnostic shows 4 codes

1 - P1251 turbo over boost

2 - P1271 fuel regulator circuit malfunction

3 - P1272 Fuel pressure regulator malfunction 

4 - P1386 Injector for exhaust fuel addition

anyone can help?

Thanks

Just been out to have a look at his car, the first code most likely down to poor fitted intercooler pipe, for some reason it had plenty tape around the plastic joint elbow near the intercooler and you could hear it was blowing after refitting and can see there is about 2mm gap like the pipe is to short, anyone know how the connection should look from turbo to intercooler? after tightening clips pipe is holding and after few min drive with throttle wide open it hold, but still interested what connection's should be there. 

Nr4 I belive there is problem with the so called 5th injector and I'm suspecting and hoping is just corrosion on wires or something.  

turbo overboost.... seems jammed wastegate valve on the turbo due to carbon build up... no? Sees waste gate keeps shut and casues excessive tubro spin and more boost. Would explain why inetcooler pipe broke and someone thought duct tape will hold it. Not a chance duct tape can hold boost pressure.

7 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

turbo overboost.... seems jammed wastegate valve on the turbo due to carbon build up... no? Sees waste gate keeps shut and casues excessive tubro spin and more boost. Would explain why inetcooler pipe broke and someone thought duct tape will hold it. Not a chance duct tape can hold boost pressure.

it well could be, the problem is once the car had  egr cooler replaced everything looks like is badly put back together, lose fittings pipes ect. plus coolant was everywhere, when I did advice him 2 months ago to get the engine bay wash out he said I will be ok, I had a look today at it and the amount of corrosion all ready showing you would be shocked I said to him I told you so, anyway, I sorted the pipe for now and asked him to run the car for a week and see what happens, from personal experience if the pipe would come off it would happen when I test drove the car, so hoping this is the end of that matter, but will have a look at the waste gate actuator see if I can move it.  

Looking around on net Nr 2 would refer to this, now understanding this fault is most noticeable after you rev the engine and let the throttle to normal position but only when you start the car, after a while is fine

http://www.moranbahweather.com/toyota/lc_trj12/rm/rm1151e/m_05_0596.pdf

If indeed its the waste gate check and clean wires to it, it could be simple as.that..

High boost pressure comes when in 2nd or 3rd gear under load. It will break everything.

6 minutes ago, jackcramerr said:

If indeed its the waste gate check and clean wires to it, it could be simple as.that..

High boost pressure comes when in 2nd or 3rd gear under load. It will break everything.

well I took to 4k revs in 2nd/3rd/4th and pipe holds, but still will check it anyway to be sure.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links