Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS Face lift release date

Does anyone know where the face-lifted IS will be available in the UK? 

I am making the jump from my IS220D SE-L to the IS300H F-Sport and have put a deposit order down this week,  wondering if I should wait got the face-lift version as buying new. 

9 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I am making the jump from my IS220D SE-L to the IS300H F-Sport and have put a deposit order down this week,  wondering if I should wait got the face-lift version as buying new. 

Most likely 66 plate should be the facelift models. No official release date though, could even be on 17 plates

So the 66 plate is round the corner,  What's the chances the Face Lift model is available in the UK?  The photos of the updated bumper look nice indeed and with a larger 10" display I wonder if it's also improved graphics.   

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

from your profile it looks like you keep your cars for a long time so i would say yes go for the facelift model if you can change your order.

Given that your dealership didn't give you the option of the face lift probably means that they're laughing all the way to the bank that they got an order for a pre-face lift model. Unless you got a hefty discount, change your order and wait for the new model.

I think the face-lift model isn't available till next year but am checking with my dealer on that.   I still like the current model as it is and as designs change as they naturally do I don't feel this is a major stumbling block for me as it's a company car I am the one laughing all the way to the bank! I can change it in a year. 

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I think the face-lift model isn't available till next year but am checking with my dealer on that.   I still like the current model as it is and as designs change as they naturally do I don't feel this is a major stumbling block for me as it's a company car I am the one laughing all the way to the bank! I can change it in a year. 

Would've helped if you had stated that it was a company car purchase in the first place :wallbash:

Ok so I am thinking it's unlikely the face lift model will be available in the next few months and I am not prepared to wait till 2017.   Obviously if the dealer does come back to me with a date this year then things might change.   Any opinions on the face lift models, compared to the current IS300H F-Sport?

Current model year IS orders will be accepted by the factory until August 5th - add on shipping time from Japan and then the factory re-tool.. December - January 2017 would be my guess! Nothing official but that's what the dealers know.

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Ok so I am thinking it's unlikely the face lift model will be available in the next few months and I am not prepared to wait till 2017.   Obviously if the dealer does come back to me with a date this year then things might change.   Any opinions on the face lift models, compared to the current IS300H F-Sport?

Generally better quality materials in the interior and a new look. Appears some model may get STOP/START too but most likely the IS200t as the 300h already has a built in stop start system

So Lexus GB and my local dealer have no confirmed date for the Face lifted IS and it's possible it won't be available in the UK at all!   

Am going for the current IS 300H F-sport as it's well overdue I changed.  Excited :) 

Thought the Daytime Running lights were a bit unique with the Nike swoosh style 

Lexus GB, being essentially a small marketing department of Toyota GB who themselves just report into Europe, just don't have any details at this stage.

To say it might not be available at all though is ridiculous, unless they are planning to discontinue the IS. Toyota aren't going to manufacture any pre-facelift models past a certain date. Just sounds like words to try and get a sale sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, RichyRich said:

So Lexus GB and my local dealer have no confirmed date for the Face lifted IS and it's possible it won't be available in the UK at all!   

Am going for the current IS 300H F-sport as it's well overdue I changed.  Excited :) 

Thought the Daytime Running lights were a bit unique with the Nike swoosh style 

Id hold on for the facelift TBH - although you'll get a big discount at this stage - circa £5k on a new IS300h, it'll drop value when the new one comes out.

Like Colin said, Lexus UK dont have a release date as they dont know. They won't get rid of the facelift IS as its one of their volume sellers in the UK.

Biggest reasons to go for the facelift F-Sport are the standard LED headlights which also have a DRL in them too along with the swoosh, LED lights inside, bigger nav screen and of course, the excellent safety system+ which will be standard across the range! Simply worth buying it for the safety system IMO

2 minutes ago, tayaste said:

And also TNGA might make an appearance in the engine division.

Nah thats not happening - they'd have to make a whole new car to stick it on the TNGA platform. AFAIK only the LS, LC and 2017 CT are going to be on the TNGA platform. For the IS itll be another 3 years atleast to get onto the platform, possibly for the 4IS

Ok I am starting to regret discovering the face lift news and subsequent post but without any official release date I could be waiting 6 months + and then there is delivery times on the spec I would want.   Is it really worth holding on?   This is a company car at the end of the day be it one I hope I will enjoy driving daily. 

Sorry taytaste.   I have also missing out on AVS as that would be another 12 weeks to have added.   

IMO AVS is not worth the wait not the money. Made no discernible difference to

me.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks,  I guess I am a little nervous about the choice of car as it's my own business so I am the one bearing the financial commitment.   All thar said I think I am going to enjoy it :) 

Has anyone got the Sonic Titanium F Sport,  would like to see some more pics and opinion on how it wears.   Also am going for the Rose Red leather.   Guessing I'll get told to look at other posts or post a new thread! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links