Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Let me start with an apology as I am sure somebody will tell me this is in the wrong section or something.    Anyway, here we go, I was considering the gold membership and looking at the various discounts it has attached to it, worthwhile I thought?. Happened to be in Halfords later that day and asked the assistant how the 15% discount worked.....the initial blank stare said it all...........we only do one discount he said and that is for a cycle club, are you sure I queried ?...enter second assistant who verified that the cycle club is the only discount they give. Question, this a standard Halfords store in Congleton Cheshire and they are not aware of the discount scheme. Are some stores exempt from the discount scheme, if so which ones ?

Cheers

Ken

Halfords card systems are not very modern so all cards are done manually. 

They work out the discount, add it to the till then scan the cards.

Also, no point asking staff about the discount, these are exclusive to the club and not known by the staff, however, they are all valid, and if any issues they should read the instructions on the back of the card.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2016 at 9:33 AM, kiloken said:

Hi

Let me start with an apology as I am sure somebody will tell me this is in the wrong section or something.    Anyway, here we go, I was considering the gold membership and looking at the various discounts it has attached to it, worthwhile I thought?. Happened to be in Halfords later that day and asked the assistant how the 15% discount worked.....the initial blank stare said it all...........we only do one discount he said and that is for a cycle club, are you sure I queried ?...enter second assistant who verified that the cycle club is the only discount they give. Question, this a standard Halfords store in Congleton Cheshire and they are not aware of the discount scheme. Are some stores exempt from the discount scheme, if so which ones ?

Cheers

Ken

These are valid in every Halfords.

• Like 1

Use mine all the time. It is true that unless they have used one before it's likely the staff will have no idea about the card but when they see it, there's never any dispute.

the only thing that they always moan about is that the system offers 10 or 20% discounts but for 15% the staff have to actually calculate the discount. This always scares the staff serving..lol.

however, the card is super value and has paid for my gold membership several times over.

carl

Hi Carl

Thanks for your comments, backing up Steves answer, I suspect I will have the initial problems with the staff as you describe, after all this is in the wilds of Cheshire.

Off to apply for the card now, wish me luck, and I will report back.

Cheers

Ken 

I have taken the liberty of talking to the congleton store manager about this. He is aware of the cards and there are similar cards for other clubs/associations and certainly when the card is presented they have no problem with it.

the store manager is my son

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links