Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3rd vs 2nd generation IS cabin space & IS300h service plan

HI,

just wondering how much better a 3rd gen IS (300h) is for rear leg\headroom than the 2nd gen IS250?

Also, how much is a 2 year service plan for the IS300h covering 1 major 7 1 minor service?

thanks for any help

Well, the 3rd generation IS250 has more rear legspace and, I think, headspace than the 2nd generation IS250, and I believe that this is a consequence of a slightly longer wheelbase and possibly thinner seat pads. Since the 3rd generation IS250 and the IS300 share the same wheelbase, I imagine that the IS300 dos have more legroom than the 2nd generation IS250.

Well, the 3rd generation IS250 has more rear legspace and, I think, headspace than the 2nd generation IS250, and I believe that this is a consequence of a slightly longer wheelbase and possibly thinner seat pads. Since the 3rd generation IS250 and the IS300 share the same wheelbase, I imagine that the IS300 dos have more legroom than the 2nd generation IS250.

4 hours ago, Jamesf1 said:

HI,

just wondering how much better a 3rd gen IS (300h) is for rear leg\headroom than the 2nd gen IS250?

Also, how much is a 2 year service plan for the IS300h covering 1 major 7 1 minor service?

thanks for any help

Here are some specs for comparison. Ive put the ones you are interested in in bold text -

2nd Gen IS

Front headroom - 37.2 inches          Front legroom - 43.9 inches          Front hip room - 54.1 inches          Front shoulder room - 54.4 inches

Rear headroom - 36.7 inches          Rear legroom - 30.6 inches          Rear hip room - 53.7 inches          Rear shoulder room - 52.7 inches

3rd Gen IS

Front headroom - 38.2 inches         Front legroom - 44.8 inches         Front hip room - 54.3 inches          Front shoulder room - 55.9 inches

Rear headroom - 36.9 inches          Rear legroom - 32.2 inches        Rear hip room - 54.0 inches        Rear shoulder room - 53.4 inches

As you can see from the above figures - rear legroom is greater in the 3rd Gen by 1.6 inches and headroom in the back by 0.2 inches. Front headroom and legroom is increased too.

As for the service plan - I believe that Lexus UK have forced UK dealers to offer fixed price servicing (or, are in the process of making everyone follow their fixed price servicing scheme)

This is what is quoted on their website :

Lexus Service Pricing covers the four main services that are required on every Lexus during the course of its life. Each service price includes the required labour, parts and VAT for that given service. And with transparency in mind you will pay exactly the same price at any participating Lexus Centre, providing absolute certainty of a competitive price, but without the hassle of having to shop around.

Therefore, expect to pay £245 for a minor and £445 for a major. The benefit of the service plan however is that some now offer free puncture repairs, 10% off parts and accessories, free courtesy car and 1 full valet each year FOC.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rayaans said:

Here are some specs for comparison. Ive put the ones you are interested in in bold text -

2nd Gen IS

Front headroom - 37.2 inches          Front legroom - 43.9 inches          Front hip room - 54.1 inches          Front shoulder room - 54.4 inches

Rear headroom - 36.7 inches          Rear legroom - 30.6 inches          Rear hip room - 53.7 inches          Rear shoulder room - 52.7 inches

3rd Gen IS

Front headroom - 38.2 inches         Front legroom - 44.8 inches         Front hip room - 54.3 inches          Front shoulder room - 55.9 inches

Rear headroom - 36.9 inches          Rear legroom - 32.2 inches        Rear hip room - 54.0 inches        Rear shoulder room - 53.4 inches

As you can see from the above figures - rear legroom is greater in the 3rd Gen by 1.6 inches and headroom in the back by 0.2 inches. Front headroom and legroom is increased too.

As for the service plan - I believe that Lexus UK have forced UK dealers to offer fixed price servicing (or, are in the process of making everyone follow their fixed price servicing scheme)

This is what is quoted on their website :

Lexus Service Pricing covers the four main services that are required on every Lexus during the course of its life. Each service price includes the required labour, parts and VAT for that given service. And with transparency in mind you will pay exactly the same price at any participating Lexus Centre, providing absolute certainty of a competitive price, but without the hassle of having to shop around.

Therefore, expect to pay £245 for a minor and £445 for a major. The benefit of the service plan however is that some now offer free puncture repairs, 10% off parts and accessories, free courtesy car and 1 full valet each year FOC.

Thats great exactly what I was looking for. I still think a GS might be the way to go...

Thanks for the help guys

Yes a GS is bigger in the rear seat compared to the IS 3rd Gen - oddly however, the GS has less headroom up front and less leg room up front too but the rear bench is bigger in all directions