Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The video is about 5 minutes long. I'd guess they might spend 15 minutes or so on the safety check. They washed and vacuumed it too - that must have taken another 20 minutes or so. I don't suppose they started work on it the instant I took it in, then it took me 30 minutes or so to drive in to collect it after they'd told me it was ready. They said the recall thing takes about 4 hours. All kinda adds up, if the recall work time is true.

Okey john im not having a go at you, as you have had it done you are our eyes and ears, as to what is and is not done.

They would not start on a hot engine straight away. Especially when its fuel related, strange the part was not replaced only a washer.

I am having my recall today and they offered me the ISF but i declined and took the IS300h! ;-)

brand spanking only 1000miles on the clock. 

Lexus Leicester mentioned they will do a health check and I'm sure they will list a few things they may need changing but won't be taking them up on it! 

Drop off car tomorrow so will see what comes up and if they top up my tank or offer me some bubbly 😎😎

Booked mine in for the 17th. Mentioned they needed it for 5 hours.

I was offered a loan car straight away but they haven't told me what it will be (probably a CT I imagine). I'm sure I'll get a health check video as well as it's quite common nowadays. A work colleague had a recall on his Honda and they did one then.

56 minutes ago, lex28 said:

I am having my recall today and they offered me the ISF but i declined and took the IS300h! ;-)

I wouldn't be able to manage that.... refusing IS-F is not an easy task...

28 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I wouldn't be able to manage that.... refusing IS-F is not an easy task...

pardon my sarcasm!! I'd be over the moon if they let me borrow a ISF! Is300h is a nice place to be so far

So did anyone get free top up on the tank, not that it bothers me that much but been reading many comments on this.

Taking my car in next week.

Got my car back today and was washed and vaccumed...left it with them on quater tank and drove off in half a tank..

main thing I was worried if my water pump was on its way out as i experienced some symtoms but Lexus Leicester gave it a full green report and i was surprised thinking they will either find a fault or make a fault but service from start to finish was brilliant. 

1 minute ago, lex28 said:

Got my car back today and was washed and vaccumed...left it with them on quater tank and drove off in half a tank..

main thing I was worried if my water pump was on its way out as i experienced some symtoms but Lexus Leicester gave it a full green report and i was surprised thinking they will either find a fault or make a fault but service from start to finish was brilliant. 

Don't want to scare you, but Lexus Woodford marked my aircon "green" and it failed 3,5 miles from the dealer on my way home - compressor completely stuck and cut ignition from engine while driving. Compressor needed replacement.

I would take their reports carefully... it means at the moment it works... but as soon as you drive off it might fail.

In other hand I am not sure what is better - to pick up the parts which are fine and try to cash on every occasion (like John reported with calipers), or miss nearly failing parts... like your pump or my compressor.

30 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Don't want to scare you, but Lexus Woodford marked my aircon "green" and it failed 3,5 miles from the dealer on my way home - compressor completely stuck and cut ignition from engine while driving. Compressor needed replacement.

I would take their reports carefully... it means at the moment it works... but as soon as you drive off it might fail.

In other hand I am not sure what is better - to pick up the parts which are fine and try to cash on every occasion (like John reported with calipers), or miss nearly failing parts... like your pump or my compressor.

Linas, how long did Woodford have your car and did you wait while it was done?

Also was your fuel topped up?

Just trying to sum up what Woodford are saying compared to Sidcup - Massive difference in service - Thank you

My recall is due 20th of June so I don't know. They said they will need my car for 1,5h to do inspection and to replace sensor and gasket. Because it is on Monday I have agreed to leave car in the morning and pick it up in the evening and they will provide courtesy car for the day.

The story with aircon compressor happened last month when I was doing annual service, at the time I was doing service they noted recall is coming up, but they don't have parts and cannot do it yet. I got assumption they didn't have sensors, because assistant mentioned - "this time different parts will be changed, compared with previous recalls and not only gasket as before" .

Took mine in for safety recall today, fuel pressure sensor gasket change.

Called the evening before to check all ok and let me know car would be waiting for me.

Dropped it in just before 9 am.

Quick chat with service....signed courtesy car stuff.

Courtesy car (300h) driven around to where mine was parked for me to jump in.

Called around 2.30pm saying all done..... Including the service Items I asked them to complete.

Mentioned a couple of small jobs & one brakes issue they thought was a safety issue.

Offered to order parts and complete if I wished them to.

Emailed and text link to underside video of visual safety check.

Car vacuumed and washed, tyres blacked.

Paper work completed ready to sign.

Very slick and courteous as I would expect.

V66

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Had a follow up call this morning asking if everything was ok.

Speak as I find.... I'm way out of warranty and not part of any service plan.... So definitely nothing invested in me as a regular customer.

Guess all dealers are not equal.

I drive 120 miles ( not for maintenance ) to a BMW Mini dealer when I change my other halves Cooper S every couple of years. Better deal, better service, more professional & I have a local Bmw dealer 5 miles away.

I think even on a recall with older vehicles the brand should be pulling out all the stops.

Every penny of recall is money the dealers are pulling out of Lexus UK HQ.... Probably even the courtesy car daily tariff.

So it's all business and a chance for customer retention and affirmation.

I've also had a letter from the Lexus sales guys asking if me and a +1 would like to go to a (self) drive day at a flash hotel in the midlands to try a couple of the new models for ourselves...plus a bit of hospitality.

& they don't know we spent £30k with BMW two weeks ago.

We all know it's a sales pitch.... But if Lexus wants to compete in Europe & globally with the German stuff etc. It's the kind of marketing/event that supports that intension.....

You don't have to be too long in the tooth to know you should never judge a book by its cover! 😇

V66

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

That is interesting read... It is funny enough I have just got invitation to BMW show sometime in July which includes test drive i8 and dinner, even though I have never spent a penny on BMW in UK, only had subscribed for their newsletters online (kind of opposite from you).

I cannot say I spent a lot on my Lexus in this country, nor I am regular customer at Lexus Woodford (though one time there was enough for me - was actually horrible). I don't remember any communication from dealer in my country either (were I bough new IS 250 f-sport .. back in 2012).

I do believe different dealers does things differently and it might be that only Woodford is so bad. I would like to believe other dealerships are better, sadly only other dealership close to me is South-end and it doesn't work on Saturdays, which is very inconvenient. That said, I believe this is exactly the problem - I expect uniform service from any Lexus dealership as reps of the marque, even if I am not regular customer there.. they represent manufacturer and if I get crap service, that might result in me going with other manufacturer. Lucky for Lexus I know their cars and would but them regardless of the dealership experience.

I guess I cannot make any opinion before visiting few other dealer, but for sure if somebody asks me - Woodford is the one to avoid.

Else I might be not the target customer (too young).. I believe for Lexus as well as for Porsche the target market is 40+ males.. That would at least explained why I am not invited to the midlands party ( but I guess many other are not invited as well)... 

21 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Mines is booked in for tomorrow, sadly i will be bussing to work :( I've nowhere to park a car in the city centre.. my first bus trip in 13 years lol

What about local lift? aka Taxi on behalf of Lexus? or assuming you taking train, why not pick-up and drop-off service? At least I hope buses in your place are less disgusting as ones in London.

Lexus Edinburgh is essentially middle of nowhere. They have bus stop right outside so it will take me all the way to work and vice versa, im sure I'll survive a day on it lol, can't  be any worse than the train i get everyday lol

18 hours ago, agent_dess said:

Cars back.

Complimentary petrol worth  £25 and this awesome bottle of water as well  and the usual wash and hoover 

20160614_172909.jpg

Is that carbon vinyl on your console? or you recently changed to IS-F? Looks good - I was never fan of wood trim.

Cars gone in guy called richard picked it up, Will get back tomorrow afternoon. Asked about air bag recall , it is happening but lexus uk not

been given go ahead yet. Washer is only thing been replaced ? Seems strange any way plugs been done at same time, so am happy saved me doing them.

Just had a call rear puncture, slight corrosion rear discs. 11.40 No wonder it takes 5 hours to do a 2 hour job.

Cars back replenished of fuel, new spark plugs and puncture fixed. Just slight corrosion on rear discs was only fault found.

Richard who took the car, said they couldnt believe the condition in out and under bonnet. Nice compliment to say the least.