Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just did the reg check on the Lexus website that confirms I also have an outstanding safety recall, never received a letter about this but that's life.

Out of interest is this recall likely to be the washer or airbag fault, I cant see any evidence either has been changed in my cars history?

The more important question however though is can I have this recall done at a Toyota dealership? It means taking a day off work and 3 hours of driving to go to Lexus and back!

I also checked lexus recall website it's showing a recall but doesn't really say what is recall for plus no letter received unless doing by reg numbers as all been recalls were 2006-2008 

Here is a list of Lexus cars that are due for a safety recall for airbags.

Recalled cars:

Lexus:
2007-2011 Lexus ES - Passenger side  
2010-2011 Lexus GX - Passenger side  
2006-2011 Lexus IS (including IS F) - Passenger side  
2002-2010 Lexus SC - Passenger side

Not under recall yet, but use defective Takata inflators that will need to be replaced by 2018:
2015 Lexus IS250C, IS350C
2015-2016 Lexus GX460

Allan

Has anyone managed to get the airbag done under warranty yet?

I'm ideally wanting to get both warranty things done together, its a 3 hour round trip and a day off work to get it sorted so ideally want to get any work that needs to be done by Lexus done in 1 day.

Will try ring Lexus Carlisle this week and see what they suggest and report back for others

From what they told me, airbags are in very short supply these days, so it could take a while to get it done.

I am heading to the dealer tomorrow, so will ask again.

Just spoke to Carlisle Lexus, mine only requires the Airbag recall.

They have ordered the part and said it should be in with them in 8 weeks time! Said they will give me a call once the parts are in and get it sorted.

I just put my motor into the recall checker and it came back I am outstanding so can only assume thats for the sensor or sealing ring.

Now, I am due my 60k service (on 59k now) which most of you will know is a comprehensive service including spark plug change.

Do you think if I ask for the 60k service to be done with the recall I can haggle the price given the labour involved for spark plugs is already covered on the recall?

Hoping to also get Gold Membership discount....

Alternatively, I can ask for only plugs to be changed with the recall and then go to the Independent place I use regularly for a much cheaper service?

Car is 8 years old so although no value in a main dealer service it would be nice to have the major 60k one done with Lexus.

Thoughts?

Is this what the airbag recall is all about?

From BBC News website this morning:

<Quote>

Japanese carmaker Toyota says it will recall 1.43 million vehicles worldwide over faulty airbags.

The cars affected are Prius and Lexus models from 2008 to 2012.

Toyota and other carmakers have over the past years been rocked by millions of recalls over problems with airbags from Japanese supplier company Takata.

The latest recall does not involve Takata products and the problem has not been linked to any fatalities or injuries.

The recall includes some 495,000 cars sold in North America, 743,000 in Japan as well as vehicles in Europe, China and other regions.

'Risk of injury'

In a statement relating to the US recall, the carmaker said the vehicles had an airbag inflator that could have a small crack in a weld which could widen over time.

The airbag could partially inflate and parts of the inflator could enter the vehicle interior, leading to "an increased risk of injury".

Safety devices made by Takata have been linked to 11 deaths and more than 100 injuries.

Globally, 12 carmakers have been affected with more than 100 million Takata-related recalls under way or expected.

<End quote>

Oops! No, it's not. From Yahoo Finance:

<Quote>

Toyota is recalling more than 1.4 million cars worldwide over faulty airbags.

The recall affects 2010-2012 hybrid Prius and Lexus CT200h cars.

<End quote>

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links