Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just recieved a saftey recall for a fuel pressure sensor gasket. As the car is 9 yrs old and dealer is a fair way away, also i work nights is this a hard job? a long job? 

or a difficult job? any body know or done this.

I received the letter this morning too. I think it's the recall that's been going on for a couple of years, although it seems to have a different reference (CGG28). It was newer cars previously - now they have moved on to older ones - seems very illogical! Mine is just on 10 years old. I've booked in for Mon 6th June, 'cos I'll be near the dealer anyway that day. The gasket that needs replacing is in fact a tiny sealing ring, but the sensor is buried deep in the V near the back of the engine - apparently the job takes 3½ to 4 hours. I've arranged a courtesy car too! :-)

I think just the gasket.

I asked for a courtesy car - they didn't actually offer. But when I asked, the guy took a moment to check and then said 'that'll be fine'. I guess they have a limited number available and it's first come (or ask) first served!

I have one for my car as well, but Lexus Woodford said they don't have parts yet and don't know how to do it (don't have service manual for this specific job). This is not same recall as before, as I was told this time around they will be replacing "different parts" (presumably both sensor and gasket), as well they will be recalling much larger number of the cars as before. Including the ones which have previously had recall for gasket.

Funny enough just a week after they said they don't have parts OBD code pops up stating low fuel pressure.... Will be chasing them soon to say my car is unsafe now and I need the work done ASAP.

As forum member pointed out - you can usually expect £25 worth complimentary fuel - so don't go with full tank.

P.S. I expect them to provide complimentary courtesy car... goes without questions. the recall is their problem and duty.

57 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I have one for my car as well, but Lexus Woodford said they don't have parts yet and don't know how to do it (don't have service manual for this specific job). This is not same recall as before, as I was told this time around they will be replacing "different parts" (presumably both sensor and gasket), as well they will be recalling much larger number of the cars as before. Including the ones which have previously had recall for gasket.

Funny enough just a week after they said they don't have parts ODB code pops up stating low fuel pressure.... Will be chasing them soon to say my car is unsafe now and I need the work done ASAP.

As forum member pointed out - you can usually expect £25 worth complimentary fuel - so don't go with full tank.

P.S. I expect them to provide complimentary courtesy car... goes without questions. the recall is their problem and duty.

Theyll give you a bottle of wine too I presume

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Theyll give you a bottle of wine too I presume

They definitely own me one for all of misdeeds they committed on my during last service.

Well some good may come from the recall then. Called Lexus leeds awaiting a call back, receptionist said whoever was not available.

Had a look on utube if the part is the same one, manifold does come off. It appears there is a need to do a torques setting with a special tool needed to perform it.

So a big save on labour costs could be a win for me. 245,000 american vehicles have been recalled.

2 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Well some good may come from the recall then. Called Lexus leeds awaiting a call back, receptionist said whoever was not available.

Had a look on utube if the part is the same one, manifold does come off. It appears there is a need to do a torques setting with a special tool needed to perform it.

So a big save on labour costs could be a win for me. 245,000 american vehicles have been recalled.

Lexus Leeds is rubbish now - they were good when they were Benfield. They've removed all the old staff and added their poor staff. Sent them an email, didnt reply. Phoned up and said someone will call me back - nothing.

You're better off going to Bradford TBH

• Like 1

Well called bradford cars booked in 17th of june. Doing the plugs for 166.00 vat included really pleased.

Cars been picked up and dropped back home. Lovely lady Amanda could not do enough, what a difference from leeds Lexus.

Said cars needed three quarters of the day. Locking wheel nut is required? just recieved an email leeds called as well but took Rayaans

advise.

U got urself a bargain changing plugs, plugs Alone are 120ish for 6.good call to get them done as manifold is coming off anyway as ur saving extra labour on lexus lool

Hi guys, what recall is this for? IS250?

How do i check if my IS250 2010 F sport needs doing too? If it does i'll ask for the spark plugs to be changed too as thats on my next service to do.

6 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Just recieved a saftey recall for a fuel pressure sensor gasket. As the car is 9 yrs old and dealer is a fair way away, also i work nights is this a hard job? a long job? 

or a difficult job? any body know or done this.

Had mine done some time back. It is just a small O ring seal/gasket...but its fiddly to get at. 

They also filled up the tank afterwards.. don't know if they are still doing this .Worth asking.

9 minutes ago, Cracksta said:

Hi guys, what recall is this for? IS250?

How do i check if my IS250 2010 F sport needs doing too? If it does i'll ask for the spark plugs to be changed too as thats on my next service to do.

If your car requires it they will contact you. It's not all IS250's.

You could try sticking your registration in here and see if it comes up with owt.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

24 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

U got urself a bargain changing plugs, plugs Alone are 120ish for 6.good call to get them done as manifold is coming off anyway as ur saving extra labour on lexus lool

Yes thought i may as well car wants them next year anyway. I would of done them myself but all major parts are off, so seemed daft not to really.

5 hours ago, johnatg said:

I received the letter this morning too. I think it's the recall that's been going on for a couple of years, although it seems to have a different reference (CGG28). It was newer cars previously - now they have moved on to older ones - seems very illogical! Mine is just on 10 years old. I've booked in for Mon 6th June, 'cos I'll be near the dealer anyway that day. The gasket that needs replacing is in fact a tiny sealing ring, but the sensor is buried deep in the V near the back of the engine - apparently the job takes 3½ to 4 hours. I've arranged a courtesy car too! :-)

Yes this is whats replaced. s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Well called bradford cars booked in 17th of june. Doing the plugs for 166.00 vat included really pleased.

Cars been picked up and dropped back home. Lovely lady Amanda could not do enough, what a difference from leeds Lexus.

Said cars needed three quarters of the day. Locking wheel nut is required? just recieved an email leeds called as well but took Rayaans

advise.

Yep, Amanda is awesome - changed all 4 of my tyres for £50 inc VAT and my MOT for £27!! Cheaper than the independents ha! She wasnt in when I went to renew my service plan and ended up getting the fixed generic quote so Ill see if she can get me a discount on it lol.

Definitely worth asking about a price if you have any service or updating/upgrading requirements. Got a better than advertised tariff price for a couple of bits needed doing as they will already have it for four hours.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I have just done oil and filter changes. Plugs are about due so hence kill 2 birds with 1 stone, as far as i know nothing else is due.

Car had a full service at 49,000 miles on just short of 54,000 now.