Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had a call from lexus today, said the car is needed 2 days? Seen americans are having full rebuilds carbon build up and rough idleling.

This covers 2006 & 2007 is 250s and also Gs300 models. Same year i believe. With the engine been direct injection, they fit new piston rings & or pistons

all new seals through out any body had this recall.  

Lexus GS & IS Engine Misfire Recall CSP (Repair Video)

27 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Had a call from lexus today, said the car is needed 2 days? Seen americans are having full rebuilds carbon build up and rough idleling.

This covers 2006 & 2007 is 250s and also Gs300 models. Same year i believe. With the engine been direct injection, they fit new piston rings & or pistons

I am not sure if there is different recall, but this is definitely not the same safety recall. I would be quite fancy to do it as it sound like great deal to have engine nearly rebuild for free.

4 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Who was this then? Bradford or Leeds?

Car is going to bradford for a fuel pressure sensor. Was told to leave locking wheel nut and service book.

Was supposed to be a day june 17th. While doing this work enquired about doing the plugs as save me time as most of the parts

would be off. Inlet manifold etc. Got a call tuesday saying they need the car 2 days as spark plugs is a big job?

When i pointed out its a 2 hour job at the most , the guy just kept saying its a big job i told him it was not.

They wanted the car mon & tues, i said thursday and friday would be better as i work permanant nights and friday and saturday are my

days off. The utube link is just what the americans are now having done. There is a big recall going on. what are they doing to my car

is any ones guess.

Hi all a bit confused as I have two Lexus centres both a fair drive away Woodford and Sidcup, so called both who had to call me back.

Lexus Woodford called back saying they need the car for 1.5 hours and I can wait while it's done.

Lexus Sidcup called back saying they need the car for half-day 3.5 hours and offered a courtesy car if I want to wait for one which will be June 14th.

why is Woodford saying 1.5hr for the pressure sensor recall, I would prefer to go to this centre but don't want to be fobbed off as she said we do a visual inspection then fix and your on your way within 1.5hr.

Any advice please as can't make my mind up and don't know who to choose, as I don't just want a visual inspection and part replaced on if needed.

Thank you

The recall notice says '..contact..Lexus.. to have this free of charge replacement completed'. It doesn't say 'to have it inspected'.

When a recall repair has been completed, it's marked in the vehicle history and on a plate on the car and is permanent (theoretically). An inspection might show it's OK this week - but next month?

Don't think Woodford appreciate the situation here.

• Like 1

Thanks John, I thought the same and didn't appreciate the advise received from Woodford so won't be taking it there.

Advisor said, we wait for the car to cool down, do a visual safety check, replace then your on your way 1.5hrs unless you want a free car wash.

Got my recall letter today. Seems it's took 5 years for them to get round to the UK models

http://speedlux.com/lexus-issues-voluntary-recall-245000-gs-models/

and now there's an airbag recall on the horizon

http://speedlux.com/takata-airbag-fiasco-boosts-with-more-recalls-from-toyota-ford/

Finally, my one came through as well - booked for 20th of June to replace sensor.

9 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Got my recall letter today. Seems it's took 5 years for them to get round to the UK models

http://speedlux.com/lexus-issues-voluntary-recall-245000-gs-models/

and now there's an airbag recall on the horizon

http://speedlux.com/takata-airbag-fiasco-boosts-with-more-recalls-from-toyota-ford/

Not exactly.. Takata was one of may airbag manufacturers and supplied some 300000 Toyota/Lexus cars, they would only recall those with airbags from this manufacturer and only certain batch. What I mean - if it happens to be that we don't have specific batch of airbags in UK, we might never receive recall for that.

On 6/1/2016 at 0:58 PM, Ishaq said:

Hi all a bit confused as I have two Lexus centres both a fair drive away Woodford and Sidcup, so called both who had to call me back.

Lexus Woodford called back saying they need the car for 1.5 hours and I can wait while it's done.

Lexus Sidcup called back saying they need the car for half-day 3.5 hours and offered a courtesy car if I want to wait for one which will be June 14th.

why is Woodford saying 1.5hr for the pressure sensor recall, I would prefer to go to this centre but don't want to be fobbed off as she said we do a visual inspection then fix and your on your way within 1.5hr.

Any advice please as can't make my mind up and don't know who to choose, as I don't just want a visual inspection and part replaced on if needed.

Thank you

I think this is bit of misunderstanding. they will do visual inspection of the vehicle (as it is part of procedure) and then they will replace the the sensor and the seal which will take 1,5h. 

To be honest I was really unhappy with Lexus Woodford service last time and wanted to avoid  them by any means. So first center I have contacted was Southend, but they don't work on Saturdays.. then I was left with Woodford and booked the service with them for 20th of June. They will be providing courtesy car for me and I leave my car for whole day, but the time needed for job is actually 1.5h. that is not for visual inspection, but for the replacement. Visual inspection is like 15min max.

On 01/06/2016 at 1:34 AM, madasahatter said:

Car is going to bradford for a fuel pressure sensor. Was told to leave locking wheel nut and service book.

Was supposed to be a day june 17th. While doing this work enquired about doing the plugs as save me time as most of the parts

would be off. Inlet manifold etc. Got a call tuesday saying they need the car 2 days as spark plugs is a big job?

When i pointed out its a 2 hour job at the most , the guy just kept saying its a big job i told him it was not.

They wanted the car mon & tues, i said thursday and friday would be better as i work permanant nights and friday and saturday are my

days off. The utube link is just what the americans are now having done. There is a big recall going on. what are they doing to my car

is any ones guess.

Just let them have the car for 2 days - they'll give you a loan car anyway if you ask!

Well, I had the safety recall work done today (at Lexus Stockport). I pressed the point and they insisted that all that was replaced was the sealing ring, not the whole sensor.

They also did a visual safety inspection with a video which they sent me (quite impressed by that). Natch, they found some work required - all tyres needing replacement ( I knew they were getting a bit low, but reporting that there's 2mm of tread left when the video shows the electronic depth gauge displaying 2.8mm is a little OTT) And the rear pads are well low - actually I've been intending to replace the brake fluid and do a full brake service for the last couple of months - in fact I'm a bit shocked at how quickly the rear brakes have gone downhill - only done 4000 miles since the last MoT and they weren't mentioned then. So the diagnosis was that I need new discs, pads and calipers for a total cost of £530 (+ £540 for tyres) - I checked when I got home - nothing wrong with the calipers and sliders - fair dos - the discs and pads are knackered. Ordered up from eBay at a fraction of Lexus quoted price. (The rear discs are original - it seems that 55K is all you can expect from Lexus rear discs (and a good deal less for front ones - I replaced them a couple of years ago.))

Obviously Lexus dealers depend on a well heeled clientele saying 'Oh right - go ahead and fix it'. But don't do that - take it away and check yourself or go to an indie for a second opinion!

They also said that there's another recall coming up which will affect my car for replacement of the passenger airbag. No documentation available yet - presumably DVSA (or whatever they're called these days) will be issuing another letter.

Oh - and I had a CT200h courtesy car - won't be joining the queue for one of them. You might think that whichever staff member had it over the weekend would have been told to bring it in spick and span for courtesy car duty on Monday morning - obviously not! But they did wash and vacuum my car and added a good splash of petrol, so bonus marks there!

• Like 1

They sent you a video?  That is very impressive.  Hope more dealers start doing that too; would be very interesting to see what it is like.

Did Lexus quote you £530 for new discs, pads and calipers?  That sounds too cheap so it can't be right :smile:

Interesting to hear about the airbag recall.  I assume it will affect all second gen IS's.

I had a CT last time my car was in for work.  I actually didn't mind it too much, apart from the awful placement of the AUX socket.  It was new though with only 400 miles on the clock.  Mine is going in for a service in a few weeks, so I hope I will get an IS this time.

Yes as previously mentioned by someone - the do add petrol which is quite nice. Last time they did wash and watch I couldn't tell the difference... 

It is strange they didn't replace sensor, because it actually states on my letter that sensors is one of replacement parts?!

I'm a bit reticent about posting a link to the video, firstly because it shows my reg and secondly because I might be embarrassed! But basically they take you round the car underneath, commenting on tyres, wheels, brake discs and pads, bottom ball joints and their boots, the exhaust system, shock absorbers and springs, saying things like 'this is fine', 'slight damage to wheel rims', 'non-Lexus standard front discs', 'tyres worn to x mm' (with an electronic depth gauge in view) and so on. Very interesting! - but clearly a marketing ploy!

Oh - and if you're getting a courtesy car, you need a code like you're hiring a car. I didn't have it, of course, but then they need your driving licence number and your NI number - fortunately I just happen to be able to reel that off, so the service guy could get the code at his desk

Sorry, my post doesn't read like intended, but I didn't mean for you to post the video, just that it would be interesting if they did it for everyone.

I am not sure I follow you; code for what?

Cheers.

I see, thanks for the clearing that up.

Don't have my new photo license yet, only the old paper one.  Hopefully my new license will arrive in time.

I am going to miss my old paper license, but since I have moved home, I am saddled with this new fangled picture nonsense. :smile:

I too have managed to memorise my NI number, but haven't been able to remember my license one yet :smile:

On 03/06/2016 at 3:38 PM, Linas.P said:

Finally, my one came through as well - booked for 20th of June to replace sensor.

Not exactly.. Takata was one of may airbag manufacturers and supplied some 300000 Toyota/Lexus cars, they would only recall those with airbags from this manufacturer and only certain batch. What I mean - if it happens to be that we don't have specific batch of airbags in UK, we might never receive recall for that.

I think this is bit of misunderstanding. they will do visual inspection of the vehicle (as it is part of procedure) and then they will replace the the sensor and the seal which will take 1,5h. 

To be honest I was really unhappy with Lexus Woodford service last time and wanted to avoid  them by any means. So first center I have contacted was Southend, but they don't work on Saturdays.. then I was left with Woodford and booked the service with them for 20th of June. They will be providing courtesy car for me and I leave my car for whole day, but the time needed for job is actually 1.5h. that is not for visual inspection, but for the replacement. Visual inspection is like 15min max.

SO what is it all about then, how long did they have your vehicle ? Did you give them permission to do these checks on your car.

My wheel key will not be going with them, i look after my cars a dam site better then any of these so called mechanics.

Think i will phone lexus bradford, and find out why mine is needed for 2 days ? Is your video used in training ? Did you ask i would be fuming.

They had the car for about 5½ hours total. They didn't ask for the wheel key - it was just in the glove box anyway - but I'm certain they didn't take the wheels off - and they don't need to for changing plugs (or for the sensor recall). They did put the car on the ramp to do the safety inspection - I don't think there's any ulterior motive (except for it being a marketing ploy) - quite a valuable service really. It's not easy to do a proper inspection underneath on your drive unless you have a lift. The video was personalised and of my car, just pointing out this and that - positive (eg the exhaust, tie rods, shock absorbers and springs etc were fine) and negative. They were right about the tyres and rear brakes (except that how they could diagnose that the calipers were seized (which they weren't) from a visual inspection is a bit beyond me). They said that the pads were unevenly worn, but actually they were pretty even - just damned thin! It is very hard to see the inner pad with wheels and caliper in place.

I think that it's very unlikely we'll get the engine rebuild - don't think it would be judged a safety issue and that's all that the UK authorities are worried about. In the US they are much more into emissions issues and I suspect that's what the rebuild is all about. (The only exception I've seen to that I think is the VW diesel issue - I wonder if the UK people will start to take more interest in emissions during the lifetime of a car rather than just at the type approval stage)

So doing the visuals took how long compared to the recall work ? seems like a pr stunt and then some. My car is old like yours , but i get compliment

you would not believe. I will have to sort some pictures out. I dont allow food drink or smoking in my cars, would not buy a smokers car either.

Under my bonnet is like the outside, i am lucky working in a bus depot, so my car is always under the ramp. When i bought my car just over a 

year ago its had new wheels original. Tyres discs and brakes all round, including handbrake. Oil & filters change and if they were done by the last dealer

4000 mls ago he must of just enjoyed ticking the boxes.That was lexus manchester according to the stamp,just over 49000 mls Esscare major.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links