Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need 4 new tyres for my late 2007 GS300. Lexus want £217.92 each. Has anyone used any of the mobile tyre suppliers/fitters? Any recommendations? I will also get a quote from the independent garage I use for servicing. The car is at Lexus today for a recall so I am not certain which tyres it has, but looking online, they are probably 225/50 R17, maybe Dunlop. Any advice appreciated re what others have. Thank you.

Thanks for the comments guys.

After lots of research I have narrowed it down to a choice of 4.

1. Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (load rating 98 as opposed to factory fit 94) £100.16

2. Goodyear Efficient Grip load rating 94 £108.89

3. Michelin Cross Climate load rating 98 £121.89

4. Dunlop Sport BluResponse load rating 98 £109.56

All prices include fitting, rebalancing etc., and prices above are the best I could find (Blackcircles)

I think item one above at £100.16 is the one to go for. I live in the north west of England and we don't get much snow and ice and when we do I tend to stay off the roads.

There doesn't appear to be any problem fitting the load rating 98 to replace the 94 from an insurance perspective. Does anyone know any different?

1. Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (load rating 98 as opposed to factory fit 94) £100.16

What speed index are you going for v or w? These would be my choice and most likely the next tyres I put on. I was going to go for Falken Ziex ZE914 Ecorun runflats.

Either will do for me, will go for the lowest price. Currently blackcircles.com have the W speed rating at £100.16 for the 98 load rating and £108.89 for the 94 load rating. Prices can change daily, but likely to go for 98W.

Have you had any issues replacing or not replacing the rubber grommets that apparently sit between the sensor valve and the wheel? The handbook says to replace them when new tyres are fitted but I've not knowingly had that done previously. blackcircles.com say they don't do that but that they do replace the core of the valves. Probably going to buy from blackcircles as they have the best price and reviews are excellent. Will have them fitted in the deal by their partner Tesco Pit Stop which is very close to where I live.

2 hours ago, 1meanmachine said:

Falken Ziex ZE914 Ecorun runflats.

These ones are currently £120.04 at blackcircles.com. Fuel rating is only E (Goodyear B). Wet rating is only B (Goodyear A). Noise level 69dB (Goodyear 68dB for the 98 load and 67dB for the 94 load). Have you had run flats previously? I've never had them but obviously must be very convenient when you get a puncture.

Apologies for the late reply. No I didn't get the gromets changed when I had my tyres changed. You can get the Falkens a lot cheaper. I found them for £66.50 but you have to have them fitted yourself. You can pay anywhere from £5 to £15 for fitting per wheel.

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/falken/ziex-ze914/225-50-r17-94w-428162?gclid=CM2qx6fzjc0CFZadGwod664CuQ

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links