Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

new car tax 2017

hi everybody , info wanted, has anybody seen the new road fund prices yet . I have been informed that new cars over £40000 will have to pay £310 per year supplement ontop of years road tax for 5 years [£1550] extra? anybody got info on this .was thinking of replacing my rx next year but having second thoughts ,Too much to hope lexus would drop price by ten ..POLISH

Osborne quoted as saying that current tax levels "were unsustainable". Looks like tax will drop for cars over 3....5?... years old to circa £200, but new cars hit with initial charge!

Only 'sustainable for those who can buy new?

These are the rates for cars registered on or after 1 April 2017:

This measure reforms Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards. First Year Rates (FYRs) of VED will vary according to the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of the vehicle. A flat Standard Rate (SR) of £140 will apply in all subsequent years, except for zero-emission cars for which the SR will be £0. Cars with a list price above £40,000 will attract a supplement of £310 on their SR for the first 5 years in which a SR is paid. All cars first registered before 1 April 2017 will remain in the current VED system, which will not change. The new rates and bands for the post-2017VED system are set out in the table below:

New VED system - for cars registered from 2017
Emissions (g/CO2/km) First year rate Standard rate*
0 £0 £0
1-50 £10 £140
51-75 £25 £140
76-90 £100 £140
91-100 £120 £140
101-110 £140 £140
111-130 £160 £140
131-150 £200 £140
151-170 £500 £140
171-190 £800 £140
191-225 £1200 £140
226-255 £1700 £140
over 255 £2000 £140
*cars over £40,000 pay £310 supplement for 5 years

13 hours ago, polish said:

hi everybody , info wanted, has anybody seen the new road fund prices yet . I have been informed that new cars over £40000 will have to pay £310 per year supplement ontop of years road tax for 5 years [£1550] extra? anybody got info on this .was thinking of replacing my rx next year but having second thoughts ,Too much to hope lexus would drop price by ten ..POLISH

Yes thats right.

The way I see it though, if you can afford to change your car every few years you can probably afford the extra £310 per year.

What car are you thinking of buying? Manufacturers wont drop their list prices.

On a side note - buy a car in March 2017 and you get the current VED rates

hi rayaans,was thinking of the new RX or coming down to a gs 300 being a pensioner, returns on the savings are crippling so maybe wait and see . thanks polish

1 hour ago, polish said:

hi rayaans,was thinking of the new RX or coming down to a gs 300 being a pensioner, returns on the savings are crippling so maybe wait and see . thanks polish

Either way it's going to cost around £400-500 if you go past April 2017. Aim for March 2017 and you'll be better off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links