Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faulty Passenger Windows

Hi Folks

Although the drivers' own window switch works perfectly, all of the other window switches have just packed up. Neither the drivers' switch for the other windows ,nor each individual window switch works - only the drivers' window and switch are operating. Any ideas on how to maybe re-set?

Many thanks! :-)

18 minutes ago, Paddy Dzell said:

Hi Folks

Although the drivers' own window switch works perfectly, all of the other window switches have just packed up. Neither the drivers' switch for the other windows ,nor each individual window switch works - only the drivers' window and switch are operating. Any ideas on how to maybe re-set?

Many thanks! :-)

I thought that each individual window still worked with it's own control when a reset was required but I might be wrong!

Has your Battery been disconnected recently?

Have a look here:

I believe that the reset procedures are the same on most Lexus cars. It can't help to give it a try. 

Good luck!

51 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Have you checked the window lock is not engaged?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a sneaky feeling that you just hit the jackpot! Hahahaha

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paddy Dzell said:

Thanks for the replies - yep, the lock switch was  the problem!

(Or, rather, the idiot who'd pressed it and not noticed!!)

mea culpa :-)

Cheers  - Dáithí

It happens to the best of us.

Don't you just love an easy fix!

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, robski said:

It happens to the best of us.

Don't you just love an easy fix!

It does indeed, but it's much more fun when it happens to someone else!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DanD said:

It does indeed, but it's much more fun when it happens to someone else!

I just had my own 'blonde moment'. 

If you fancy a laugh have a look at my thread on locking the car without setting the alarm.  :-)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hmmmm .... I have the same problem as the OP but it's not the lock switch - or rather it may be that the lock switch is faulty, but whether in or out I can't get any reaction on the passnger windows either from their own switches or the drivers door switch.  This happened after I did a Battery change.  Is there a fuse that might have blown somewhere (user manual is very unhelpful about fuses)

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Steve - that worked.  first it made all the other windows functional but only from their own switches (and not on auto).  so I did the reset on each window and eventually control came back to the driver door switch (I think I had to do another 5 second push though to complete it).  And I have no little lights illuminated on any of the switches (tried putting the headlights on but no luck)

Thanks anyway - very useable now.  Is this documented in the manual and I just missed it?

Mike

• Like 1